Incident Report - 05/07/2464

Reporting Personnel: Michael Grayson
Job Title of Reporting Personnel: Investigator (Off-Duty)
Game ID: chO-dnCg

Personnel Involved: 
Aez Goldhorn - Chief Engineer - Offender
Azhara Shas'kui - Security Officer - Witness
Ahari Zerikanh - Security Officer - Witness

Secondary Witnesses: 
Mike Bisenti - Head of Security - Witnessed assault on myself by CE Goldhorn. Was present for issues with gravity.
Zofia Valentova - Investigator - Witnessed assault on myself by CE Goldhorn. Was present for issues with gravity.
Anastasia Kotova - First Responder - Was present for issues with gravity, stated that misconduct with gravity forced a rushed surgery in medical.
Time of Incident: 

Real Time: 2240 GMT  April 7th 2022
Location of Incident: Engineering & Deck 2 Central Ring.

Nature of Incident:
[X] - Workplace Hazard
[ ] - Accident/Injury
[ ] - Destruction of Property
[ ] - Neglect of Duty
[ ] - Harassment
[X] - Assault
[ ] - Misconduct
[ ] - Other _____

Overview of the Incident: Towards the beginning of the shift, Chief Engineer Goldhorn asked over the common radio frequency whether people would mind if the gravity generator was turned off for the purposes of zero gravity training. Multiple crew voiced their objections to the idea, including a medical professional who stated that surgery was being conducted and that gravity should not be turned off. Despite the objections and no crew voicing support for the idea, Goldhorn proceeded with turning gravity off.

Gravity remained off for a significant amount of time until someone turned it back on, without the Chief Engineer's permission according to his own statements over the radio. Chief Goldhorn still proceeded to turn gravity back off, the gravity generator once again remaining off for a period of time. It was at this point I sent a PDA message to the Executive Officer, the name of whom I cannot recall, to complain, who then assured me that they were working on having gravity returned. It still took a significant time period before gravity was returned, and statements from crew seemed to indicate that the gravity being turned off was not approved by command as a whole. During the time gravity was off, Operations reported that they were unable to send crates from the warehouse as the lack of gravity meant the crates were not being carried by the conveyors, as well as Mining reporting that they could not process ore with the gravity off - to which Goldhorn made a remark about using a shovel like the old days. 

Following the return of the gravity, Chief Goldhorn proceeded to challenge anyone who had allegedly threatened him to meet him by the tree on Deck two. While passing on deck two to get to the Chapel, I asked whether the Chief Engineer had been suspended yet. At this point in time, Officers Shas'kui and Zerikanh were present alongside Commander Bisenti and Investigator Valentova, as well as others who I cannot recall. After I posed my question about the suspension, Chief Goldhorn charged towards me and assaulted me, grabbing me and making threats. Commander Bisenti and Officer Shas'kui quickly stepped in, breaking up the physical confrontation. Commander Bisenti neglected to have Chief Goldhorn arrested and instead asked Officers Shas'kui and Zerikanh to leave, however they did not in order to bare witness to the rest of the confrontation. Words of an unfriendly nature were exchanged between myself and Chief Goldhorn during this period. I was then ordered by Commander Bisenti to go with him to his office, with the vague but present threat of arrest for slander if I did not comply. I complied and proceeded to Bisenti's office, where Chief Goldhorn and Commander Bisenti sat down while I stood to the side, as did the Captain, the name of whom I do not recall. In explaining that I did not insult Chief Goldhorn and merely asked whether he'd been suspended, Chief Goldhorn got out of his seat and once again charged towards me aggressively, stopped only by Commander Bisenti getting up and standing in between myself and Chief Goldhorn.

Words were exchanged to the effect of a verbal warning for an assault on myself and for alleged slander by myself towards Chief Goldhorn. Chief Goldhorn was then dismissed and I was kept for further words, the Captain no longer present at this time.

Submitted Evidence: 

Would you like to be personally interviewed?: 
[X] - Yes
[ ] - No

Did you report it to a Head of Staff or a superior? If so, who? If not, why?: The matter was observed by Head of Security Mike Bisenti, and the Captain was aware of it as described. The matter of the gravity was not to my knowledge handled in this regard, only the assault.
Actions taken: A verbal warning was issued.

Additional Notes: Only the altercation in the Deck 2 central ring was dealt with by Command in any manner to my knowledge, and in my opinion to an unsatisfactory degree, as it resulted in my own unwilling detainment for longer than the aggressor involved. The matter of the unsanctioned gravity shutdown was not dealt with in the meeting I was privy to.

TO: Michael Grayson, Investigator, SCCV Horizon

SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report

--------------------

BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that your incident report has been received and placed in a queue for the CCIA Division to review.

If necessary, you will be contacted by a CCIA Agent when an investigation begins.

--------------------

DTG: 08-18:09-TAU CETI STANDARD-05-2464

SIGN: CCIAAMS

Edited by KingOfThePing

TO: Michael Grayson, Investigator, SCCV Horizon
SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report
--------------------
BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that an investigation has now been opened regarding your incident report, and assigned to Gerard Greyswandir (Brayce).

You may be contacted by the CCIAA for an interview, or you may contact them directly if you have any questions.
--------------------
DTG: 13-11:41-TAU CETI STANDARD-05-2464
SIGN: CCIAAMSi

• 1 month later...

TO: Aez Goldhorn, Chief Engineer, SCCV Horizon
SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report
--------------------
BODY:

The investigation of this incident has concluded, and appropriate action has been taken for affected individuals.

This matter will now be considered resolved.

--------------------
DTG: 24-21:58-TAU CETI STANDARD-06-2464
SIGN: Gerard Greyswandir

• Brayce locked this topic