Xiathyl's IPC Application

BYOND Key: Xiathyl

Character Names: Steve Strife, KI 19

How long have you been playing on Aurora: Several years, been part of the Admin team and Dev team for spells.

Species you are applying to play: IPC

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: I have indeed.

An Integrated Positronic Chassis, or IPC, is an positronic artificial intelligence inside a bipedal, humanoid frame, that has amassed enough currency to purchase its own freedom from its owners. The existence of IPCs is still a highly inflammatory subject, and as of yet, they lack the basic rights that members of most organic races possess. While gender neutral, individual intelligences may develop personality quirks to further their "uniqueness."

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

Well, this one is easy. I really enjoy playing as a Borg. I find the dynamics of not understanding social integration fun to RP with. Borgs are generally looked at like slaves, where as an IPC is a little more fun to play with.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

As stated above, RP'ing with the dynamics of social integration and having a non-standard background would be fun and interesting to not only play is, but interact with. I feel that my IPC could bring an interesting mechanic not often seen in each round.

Character Name: KI 19

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

KI 19 was originally a Cyborg built with a positronic brain, the Robotics engineer that assembled him, then selected the unit to experiment with. As time passed, the KI unit would learn personality traits, and would become familiar with the aspects of Organic life.

As time passed, the unit gained a deeper understanding of the laws that bound it, and eventually, the engineer that maintained it decided to release it from control of the AI. Why this change, KI learned trust and it's relative values. It was shortly after this shift that the roboticist that designed KI 19 was killed in a violent explosion. Paperwork was found in his lab explaining that KI 19 should be released from NT's line of KI units and given it's freedom. The funds from the Roboticists account were used to accomplish this.

What do you like about this character?

I like that I can draw from characters like Bicentinial man, Data and Robocop and experiment with dynamics that makes organic life alive.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

I would like to think that my role-playing is of a high standard, and with the addition of this "alien" it would only improve!

Notes: