Staff Complaint - Yonnimer / Player Complaint - Xochiquetzal (HOS)

BYOND Key: BL1NKY
Staff BYOND Key:Yonnimer

Game ID: ckO-dxGB

Step 1. Identify and communicate the staff action you are contesting. (TLDR Version)

I am making a complaint about Yonnimers interaction with me regarding an AHELP I sent about the treatment I received during a round which I felt was quite poor. I have seen it posted regularly in OOC to AHELP players that are wrecking your RP/Round, and I almost never AHELP player interactions, because I understand uncomfortable situations arise; but having been left feeling rather disgusted/humiliated I felt it necessary. Yonnimer seemingly refused to acknowledge my perspective on the matter, minimized what I believe to be IC abuse by using terms such as 'assumed' 'likely' and 'mistake' where I argued it was completely intentional, and went so far as to gaslight me by saying it was me who had gone too far to accuse the player of wanting a 'strip-tease' when I said the situation was escalating from being asked to hand in an ID into an unwarranted strip search. I told Yonnimer that I was demanded to stow my non-security belt, and my non-security satchel in a locker yet he kept insisting that the HoS only asked me for Security only kit as per procedure, this isn't true.

As Investigator, I RPd refusing to investigate a scene due to ICly verbally abusive crew. The HoS demanded I hand over my ID under threat of beating, but each request escalated into more and more kit from my character until I had no Sec gear to give, then into demanding I put my bag etc in a locker or get beat. When I had nothing else to give I was being threatened with a stunbaton anyway, and it was plainly starting to feel like harassment and creeped me out. I didn't say they asked me to strip my clothes off, only my gear. I used the term strip search as in being asked for my ID and escalating to removing my kit/search every pocket/bag/coat etc. which was completely unwarranted. I did not imply the HoS wanted me completely naked to get off to it. So to be clear I'm not accusing the HoS of that. Regardless, the way the HoS went about demanding I remove my kit and stow it in a locker was still very uncomfortable and this will be explained in a copy/paste of the chat with Yonnimer.

Step 2. Clearly lay out your reasoning for contesting the staff action.

I am contesting the staff action because the situation ICly occurred as such (this is long, but relevant for my interaction with Yonnimer and his response):

Playing as Investigator, I am asked by the two Cadets to orient them on the way Investigations might process a crime scene. We sit in the Briefing Room and discuss it until a call on the radio comes in over a decapitated monkey in Medical. Animal Cruelty being a crime, I bring the Cadets in tow to show them the basics of CSI. While we are RPing the Cadet asks me to check the radio where  Xochiquetzal - HOS is threatening to personally hunt me down if I don't report immediately to another crime scene. I'm unable to show the Cadets anything, and unable to get any meaningful play off the ground and have to drop this case as ordered by Command. In honesty - frustrating but totally fair. I head down to the Bar where the scene was reported and get told there is a bomb and to look up a Z level, when I do I can't make out the bomb or what it is I'm supposed to be looking at - and am immediately set upon with (IC) verbal abuse by both Security for not visually understanding the bomb already went off, and Engineering for being made to wait to fix the damage. OOCly no one is upset, neither am I, but I am admittedly overwhelmed by the pace of things and realize its best if I just go and Cryo and Observe or chill instead. ICly I throw my hands up and say alright I wont stand here and listen to abuse so have it your way! And left. I get to the Investigators Office and am followed by the HoS into the room; this is where the situation got out of hand.

The HoS, instead of chasing the space-unibomber, or the monkey decapitator follows me to the Office and says if I wont investigate the crime I am to hand in my ID. I say that I wont have abuse hurled at me while trying to work by 'rubes' and that his Officers were out of line. He then pulls a stunbaton and threatens me to hand over the ID. I hand it over because it's within his right to demand it, if not a steep escalation. He then demands I hand over my firearm, which again, is understandable if I am going off-duty. There is a bit of talking before he says 'You are being dismissed'. I say I have already dismissed myself from the investigation, but he begins to make more demands (which was initially just my ID) and begins to demand I remove my belt (which is a belt-belt not a security belt) and my bag (which is empty of security kit) and  stow them in my locker under threat of a beating. This isn't even a search, yet, its just more orders. This interaction starts to make me feel rather uncomfortable because obviously every time I do what he says, there is another demand after it, and I don't want to have to strip half my kit and neatly place them in the locker or face a beating, and the situation is starting to creep me out. I feel like its going a bit too far, that's just how I feel. The only arguable Security related objects I have on me are my glasses and my headset (which I wasn't asked for). I tell him that I've given over my ID, gun and all pertinent Security equipment. He then says 'alright Ive had enough' and proceeds to beat me senseless anyway, despite just being told that I don't have any more kit; arrests me, drags me infront of the Cadets and other Officers and into the brig and charges me with Failure to Obey Order, and strip searches everything I have, taking my glasses and headset as the other Officers look on in shock saying that the treatment is completely overboard and dirty. Not only that but ICly they said they were afraid to report the abuse to the Captain in case the HoS gave them the same treatment, which speaks volumes. The Cadets come up to my seizing body abandoned in the lobby and say (paraphrased) 'We don't know what to do no-one is showing us what to do, can you get up and keep teaching us?' which is what I intended to do but can't do because I'm weirded the hell out by what just happened and feeling like shit and want to log off.

I want to say; I have RPd dismissals. I have RPd 'uncomfortable' topics and all in good stride and good fun. I am never bothered by these because almost every player has the story at heart. However. The reason this affected me so badly is because as time went on this became clear harassment rather than RP, and basically forcing me to follow commands over minutiae or face a beat-down. I just felt uncomfortable with the dynamic OOCly and had no more kit to give the HoS. You can argue the glasses/radio were, but he was referring to gear that would be on a belt or in a bag and did not ask me to remove my headset or shades by the time I was beaten. So in my mind it was quickly reaching a point where I wasn't comfortable because I'd followed commands as asked and the situation was still escalating out of control. I left, found a quiet spot and opened an AHELP ticket with Yonnimer because I was left feeling creeped out and weirded out to hell. Then he just ran cover for the player and assumed the absolute best case scenario for all their actions, and the worst case scenario for what I said, and it just made me feel two times more like shit than before I AHELPed.

I copy-pastad wrong and lost the very beginning and end, but the start is me saying that I was being griefed by the HoS, and the end is me saying I no longer wish to keep going in circles with Yonnimer. The Quote below contains the body of text detailing the conversation we had.

What was your role originally? And did they ever say why?

PM <- to Yonnimer: I was investigator, was told to investigate a monkey decapitation then was yelled at for focuing on that and not on another scene, I only saw chat when they said they will hunt me down if I dont respond so I came along, when I arrived I was told there was a bomb, looked for it and was told im stupid because it already exploded (again was investigating something else) so I left to go to my offfice and was hounded down for leaving and not listening to the verbal abuse (ICly)

PM <- to Yonnimer: So I was told to hand over my badge and gun, so I did, then they kept saying and now your belt, and now this and now put it in the locker etc which I started to feel a bit uncomfortable about idk... it was weird but then they stunbattoned me for not doing it arrested me charged me and paraded me around in front of everyone instead of going after the bomber

PM -> [Primary Administrator PM] Yonnimer: What'd they ask you to take off?

PM <- to Yonnimer: my belt which isnt a security belt or anything, took my glasses when I was arrested started going through all y pockets took my headset and more

PM <- to Yonnimer: I know theyre whitelisted but damn it was very uncomfortable, I would have preferred if they didnt like abuse me

PM -> [Primary Administrator PM] Yonnimer: Were any officers present?

PM <- to Yonnimer: there were two other officers who said they will report it Im not sure what all they saw they said they knew I was done wrongly and were disgusted by it also

PM -> [Primary Administrator PM] Yonnimer: Who?

PM <- to Yonnimer: Nathan Rogers and Ash Callahan, not sure what they saw however

PM <- to Yonnimer: It made me feel like total shit OOCly to be frank

PM <- to Yonnimer: There is a bomber on the loose someone abusing animals and the HoS had me trying to do two investigations at once and was making threats and I wasnt comfortable with that because its impossible to do so I wanted to call it a day and cryo but then was accosted and that encounter happened

PM <- to Yonnimer: Like, blue alert, these things are happening and HoS is focused on me doing this to me rather than chasing the perps

PM <- to Yonnimer: What creeped me out was they wanted my ID, so I gave it. Then they wanted my gun, so I gave it those are understandable, but then the demands kept coming and if I didnt do it I got beaten and arrested etc it just creeped me out

PM <- to Yonnimer: then mugged of my headset and shades etc

PM -> [Primary Administrator PM] Yonnimer: Well, the stuff they asked for was primarily security equipment, everything minus the belt, which was assumed to have been a security belt, not a regular one at first

PM <- to Yonnimer: I did what they asked, then they kept making up more things to ask of me to harrass me is the thing

PM -> [Primary Administrator PM] Yonnimer: Can you send me a screenshot of what was exactly said?

PM <- to Yonnimer: so it was like strip under threat of a beating or take the beating, it was creepy

PM <- to Yonnimer: Im not sure how to do that. I will try but on reading it yeah they wanted my ID and then when I gave it they said my gun, so I gave that then they said your bag and your belt and I said I already gave them my kit and they proceeded to beat me

PM -> [Primary Administrator PM] Yonnimer: Well, from the logs I do have I don't see any issue with this, they only asked for security equipment back, the belt was asked by mistake assuming it was a security belt.

PM <- to Yonnimer: and my bag?

PM <- to Yonnimer: I told them I gave them my kit and they went ahead anyway

PM -> [Primary Administrator PM] Yonnimer: Likely checking if any security equipment was also in it

PM <- to Yonnimer: Unlikely, I think they beat me because they were annoyed and it was not good

PM <- to Yonnimer: I know how to roll with it, this case was different

PM <- to Yonnimer: It made me feel horrible because i wasnt being listened to just told to strip and beaten even though I legit did not have a single bit of sec gear on me left other than my shades and headset

PM <- to Yonnimer: It was about controlling me and not to make sure kit wasnt on me

PM <- to Yonnimer: And it was pretty disgusting Yon have to be honest Ive RPed dismissals and things its all good this was just griefing

PM <- to Yonnimer: I told them I handed in all my kit, what else apart from a strip search would make them happy? I didnt have anything else on me

PM -> [Primary Administrator PM] Yonnimer: This wasn't really some kind of power or striptease thing, they only asked for equipment+your bag to check for equipment, that's fairly normal for a suspension of a member of sec

PM <- to Yonnimer: Okay well thats really sad because it happened, and I have never had an encounter with any player like this and Im trying to tell you and it seems nothing will be done and this was normal

PM <- to Yonnimer: this is whitelisted player acting like that even the other players ICly were like yeah that was disgusting and not needed

PM <- to Yonnimer: and it wasnt needed at all, and wasnt normal. I gave over all my kit I dont know what else he wanted thats what made it weird and creeped me out

PM <- to Yonnimer: I would expect a whitelist player to do things properly, I should have and wanted to just log out instantly instead of even RP it because it was so uncomfortable and if youre making other people want to log off mid round youre not playing properly with them

PM <- to Yonnimer: like I said, I dont ever complain about players this was a special case

PM <- to Yonnimer: the officer Nathan said he was afraid to report it ICly incase the HoS came after him as well even

PM -> [Primary Administrator PM] Yonnimer: Nothing was done improperly on the hos's part, asking to return security gear /is/ normal and expected, it's not something a suspended member of security should have. Jumping straight to calling it creepy behavior/them wanting to play striptease is going a little bit far for what actually happened.

PM <- to Yonnimer: You would say I went too far when I was saying exactly that about the encounter. I know Im not whitelist but I think how it happened to me should matter even to some degree

PM <- to Yonnimer: Thats pretty disgusting to say im the one going too far to complain about how I felt about it

PM -> [Primary Administrator PM] Yonnimer: I'd suggest making a staff complaint if you disagree, but, I don't see the hos doing anything wrong here, certainly not to the point where they should be accused of wanting to do a striptease

PM <- to Yonnimer: I did what he wanted, I gave over my kit, still wasnt enough had to keep escalating and escalating and then stunning me and stripping me anyway

PM <- to Yonnimer: Nah you are fixating on anything that I said that can be construed as remotely wrong instead of addressing that he did anythig remotely wrong at all, and saying I went too far to complain about how it made me feel its straight up gaslighting

PM <- to Yonnimer: Staff complaint? How is that supposed to work if I get this treatment for making a simple complaint in general?

PM -> [Primary Administrator PM] Yonnimer: If you think my judgement/handling of this was wrong, then a staff complaint lets another staffmember look it over.

Sorry if this complaint is too long, I don't usually do this sort of thing. The bottom line for me here is that a Whitelisted player wrecked my round by quite plainly powertripping and forcing me to do a song and dance that I was still stunbatoned and humiliated for anyway, and that Yonnimer not only assumed, excused and gave every favourable benefit of the doubt to the HoS but actually told me that I am the one taking this too far.

This is so disgusting. The fact you've made these allegations and spun it like this is horrible, and you should be ashamed. 

- I told you multiple times to come to the bombing site. I didn't get any response. Not 'I'm busy' or that you were handling the monkey issue, just absolute silence. 
- I told you that if you didn't come, I would have to come and find you instead.
- You then had a temper tantrum, hid in your office, and refused to do anything. This is why you were suspended. I didn't have time with everything else going on and you were acting like a child.
- I told you to put your ID on my desk as you were being charged, Again, radio silence until I came up to your office. There I told you to put all your things away, as is normal for being suspended.
- This was your ID, weapon, and your bag/belt so I could remove any other sec gear you had.
- This took forever. You were warned a whole bunch and instead just continued to throw your stuff on the floor and have your temper tantrum.
You then insinuated it was some kind of strip tease(????) at which point I lost my patience and battoned you to grab your stuff and get on with the rest of the round.

image.thumb.png.ad7517463ea4a53fbe9ea277bdea1dfa.png

I have no idea what's wrong, but trying to insinuate this was some weird power move and demanding 'order after order' and how you're so uncomfortable I....asked for your gear back multiple times after you refused to play your role 'cause some officers upset you after you didn't listen is really ick. Your conduct here and during the ticket was horrific, and I'm pretty darn shocked that any of this happened at all. I would really like whomever takes the complaint to look at your conduct, given the insinuations here with zero proof are rather serious. To be blunt: There is not some weird conspiracy. You are not that interesting to the point where an openly gay lady dating another member of the community here would decide to go on some bizarre IC power grab to fuel her OOC wants for....some dude she's never spoken to before? There is no big effort to fuck you up for reasons that really do not make sense. Puke. Other things:

- Nobody 'followed you around'. You were given instructions and refused them out of spite. You were then told to hand your ID in. When both of these things didn't happen, I came up to get your ID.
- There were no threats of beatings. You were told to hand your shit in. Given you were acting so oddly and just stood there mute whilst I told you to put your shit away, I indeed had my weapons out as you can see above. Mostly as I fully expected to be griefed by some LRP new player.
- I told you the items to put away as are standard - including flash protection glasses and your headset. You had multiple chances to do so before I a) Got frustrated and b) Was made to feel weirded out by your strip tease comment, at which point I had ample reason to hurry things along.
- What 'uncomfortable topic' were you forced to RP here? Having your stuff taken away after you acted out and sulked that the officers were frustrated at you or something?
- I'd really love to see the logs surrounding you being in the floor and the poor, tragic cadets coming up to ask to be taught. Mostly because this straight up didn't happen and is a good example of the sheet amount of lies in this complaint. You were battoned. charged with failure to execute orders, fined, and let go - after medical checked you over and told me you were fine. At this point I took your cuffs off and left you to the rest of your round. You are not some poor martyr bullied by the system; you acted like a little kid angry that other people were frustrated at you and decided to ahelp that you were being abused in some real questionable ways. 

To add onto the last, I really want to know WHEN WERE YOU STRIPPED SEARCHED IN YOUR CELL IN FRONT OF SECURITY? I checked your pockets, grabbed the stuff you'd refused to give me, and sent you on your way. All entirely normal things to do when taking someone's gear. Every other line you've typed is a lie, as the logs will show. 

- Nobody 'followed you around'.
- Nobody told you to strip. 
- Nobody humiliated you in front of the others, outside of your own actions reflecting on yourself.
- You were not left on the floor after being beaten to have a gaggle of poor, defenceless cadets come by and beg for teaching (?????).
- The 'best case scenario' was exactly what happened. You're upset the other admin didn't take you at your word with zero proof, whilst I provided screenshots of what actually happened? Bruh?
- If you didn't understand why I wanted your things  -to search for the rest of your gear - you should have just asked. Instead this is the result. Disgusting.

This is why I'd rather not even AHELP or complain and let people away with poor treatment because the resulting aggro is just not worth it.

Firstly, I'm not omnipotent I can't both read the chat and focus on the current investigation easily, I did not realize that I was being called upon until the Cadet told me that you were threatening me over the radio with punishment. We're not all skilled players who are able to jump how high. So that was how our interaction began; so many other ways to approach lack of a response but you went to threats. You could say Cadets can you verify if Investigator is active? Can you tell them to get here now because he is needed - not I will hunt you down personally and dismiss you etc. I wasn't ignoring you I was simply trying to perform an investigation and was engrossed in trying to do that correctly at the time.

To address your list:

You did follow me to the office, I got there and you showed up not a moment after I got in there and sat down. You did beat me and drag me into a cell in front of the cadets and officers and go through my things despite just being told I handed my gear in to you. Not necessary. You escalated and escalated the situation out of control when I'd done as asked and handed over the sec gear. After beating me you didnt find anything on me that I was allegedly hiding. (you did not ask for my shades/headset and only took them when I was in processing getting mugged) I was left on the floor? I was stunned and critted on the sec lobby floor and was collapsing and stuttering trying to even speak to the cadets who were there? Why are you saying none of that happened when it actually did? Why are you saying the logs will not show this when they clearly will?  The Cadets/Officers even RPd their shock at what youd done? I dont understand why you are saying none of that happened when it did? Any admin can simply pull up the logs and see that I was left on the floor and was still critted and was being interacted with by Security over it?

There was an explicit threat of a beating; the log even shows you re-belt your stunbaton  after you said I can hand you my ID your you will remove it by force. Your demands went from ID, to gun, to kit, to stowing it in the locker and you continue to escalate despite me showing that I am confused as to why youre escalating. You say ID, then gun and gear in locker, then my belt and my bag. I was complying until the orders just kept getting more convoluted and you just got more angry trying to escalate it into exactly what you wanted it to turn into - which it did. It was griefing. My character refusing to investigate in amongst a crowd of officers/engineers raging at him is a reasonable take imho and I didnt threaten you or indicate at all you were about to be robusted by a 'LRP player' I was RPing, buckled to the chair as your shift+click assessment shows.

You see how your 'likely' 'mistaken' 'assumptions' are expected to be accepted just fine on how you interact with other characters but I am the disgusting person you think should be scrutinized? I'm told I've taken it too far but YOU can be allowed to be weirded out by my comment and I am disgusting for being weirded out by your actions or bringing them up? Do you see the double-standard here? My IC comment was a warning to you that you were taking things too far, albeit ICly. Next time, if there is one I will just LOOC and say alright stop this is going too far and AHELP right then and there. You will not admit that you were escalating the situation out of control beyond what was necessary and it was completely evident that you were OOCly grudging me because you were getting irritated OOCly; you admitted to getting frustrated when you could have simply stopped escalating and left; all of my kit had been handed over like I said but you wanted to continue to the point you could harm my character for not following your increasingly unwarranted orders. Thats the disgusting part. You beat me because I made a comment back to you about how you were taking it too far - and you took it too far in my opinion.

I'm not upset that an Admin didnt take my word for it, I'm upset that an Admin refused to acknowledge that a Whitelist player was harassing another and didn't care to listen to my view that you had purposely escalated the situation out of control where it wasnt needed and wrecked my round with a public humiliation when just stopping at the ID/pistol/kit was plenty. Following it all up with a snide comment as you left me critted in the lobby. Me stowing my non-sec belt and non-sec bag in the locker was another step in the increasingly aggro commands that wasn't needed; it started with just wanting the ID and spun out from there. Thats what I'm not happy about.

Getting called disgusting for this is typical at this point and is definitely why this complaint covers both you and Yonnimer because I'm the one who was abused by you, and felt a certain way about it, but the scrutiny is being thrown right back in my face as if I was the one causing the problem. Thats what's disgusting

14 minutes ago, BL1NKY said:

You will not admit that you were escalating the situation out of control beyond what was necessary and it was completely evident that you were OOCly grudging me because you were getting irritated OOCly; you admitted to getting frustrated when you could have simply stopped escalating and left; all of my kit had been handed over like I said but you wanted to continue to the point you could harm my character for not following your increasingly unwarranted orders. Thats the disgusting part. You beat me because I made a comment back to you about how you were taking it too far - and you took it too far in my opinion.

Your character was suspended, and your character was an investigator. It thus reasonably follows that you would have to give all your gear in (belts, bag, etc, as they can contain security equipment). You were ordered to do so by a head of staff, you followed it up with a really weird and out of place comment (alluding to strip teasing is absurd when you're being asked to remove a bag and a belt) which is a refusal, so you were arrested for this. All of this is a completely normal circumstance in SS13 - you were made to comply with stuns, aka the only tools officers can use at that point.

How were you being harrassed here? How was any of this creepy? I don't follow, quite frankly, because all of it just seems like usual escalation to me. It's no different from an officer trying to search X person, they refuse, and so the officer forces them to comply.

As an aside, if you refuse to do your job, the head of staff is completely justified in suspending you, no matter the reasoning. It being an IC issue goes both ways - both for you refusing to do your job and both for the head of staff deciding to suspend you.

I dont think thats the case, I was told to hand in the rest of my kit, and I did. The bag and belt were personally owned items (a belt and leather satchel). I told the HoS Id given all the gear over, he has no reason to think I am hiding weapons when I complied with the previous orders. If thats a valid order then no wonder the HoS is able to create a minefield to walk in and be beaten for to question it

Just now, BL1NKY said:

I dont think thats the case, I was told to hand in the rest of my kit, and I did. The bag and belt were personally owned items (a belt and leather satchel). I told the HoS Id given all the gear over, he has no reason to think I am hiding weapons when I complied with the previous orders. If thats a valid order then no wonder the HoS is able to create a minefield to walk in and be beaten for to question it

The problem with this reasoning is that players aren't telepathic -- they can't know what you have in your bag or belt, and what you may have stowed away or even just forgot about having on you. Just off the top of my head the investigator has access to maglights (security equipment), potentially things from opened security officer lockers, autopsy equipment, evidence, et cetera. You saying "yes I handed my gun and kit in" doesn't mean that you handed everything in, and this goes doubly so for a character which is openly challenging the HoS' authority and quite literally stated on the radio that he will no longer do his job:

[23:31:03.011] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) I'm not showing up on a scene and getting fucking mocked by our Officers. I was told there was a bomb there, I was looking for a bomb.
[23:31:49.750] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) I don't have time to get shit talked by your Officers, Commander.
[23:32:34.178] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) Enjoy your shift.

Asking you to give your bag and belt (at the very least have them checked) is perfectly reasonable in these circumstances. You may have followed previous orders, but that doesn't mean you get to openly ignore following ones.

I'm also not sure why you keep bringing attention to "being beaten" here. Officers have exactly two reliable ways to get someone on the ground nonlethally: either by stunning them with a stunbaton, or by shooting them with disruptors/LTLs. Stunbatons also don't do permanent damage, they just inflict pain to you -- IC this is the equivalent of prodding you, as the logs clearly state.

Again, I've explained how the situation occured in as much detail as I am able if that doesn't satisfy then I don't know what else to say other than I had practically no hope that I would be listened to over the situation to begin with and am finding out to be sadly correct. The HoS' actions were not necessary and any attempt Ive made to broadcast the reality of the situation is met with excuses by Staff on how they are 'likely' asking to search my bag (I wasnt asked to show the contents of my bag only put it in a locker) and 'mistaken' about my belt being a security belt and that their 'assumptions' leading to the mistreatment are allowable because they can assume, but I am the one who should be scrutinized at a level completely different from the whitelister who should be held to an even higher standard in fairness. I do not believe that an HoS can barrage you with increasingly convoluted or poorly motivated orders to harass you and that those are 'valid' orders.

If given the chance to explain that the bag and belt were privately owned, and carried no sec gear before being stunned and cuffed that would have resolved it. If asked to show the contents of the bag, I would have but I was told to take my characters private property and stow it which I disagreed with that order and was beaten for it.

I don't wish to continue going back and forth, as its evident that I will be questioned into oblivion without anyone addressing the HoS' behaviour in the slightest. Making this complaint was not worth it

I don't know how to say this politely, so I will go for the blunt approach. There is no OOC bias here. I have no issue with you, because I was completely and utterly indifferent to your existence before you decided to label me as some kind of predator getting off to my IC decisions. You are not the protagonist everyone is trying to shoot down for your heroic stand against tyranny. The way you've tried to paint me is straight up weird.  There was no targeting. You have been entirely unable to offer any proof of this targeting, or that I somehow decided that by doing the same thing anyone suspending anyone does I was out to personally get at you. It is completely illogical. Instead just doubling down that you've been unfairly treated because other people are finding your accusations real off given the circumstances - complaints have both parties looked upon, and there are consequences for your actions both IC and OOC.

Yes, if you'd just told me the belt was yours, I wouldn't have wanted it. You didn't. You had many many chances to do so, as the logs show. Instead you whined and complained how unfair it was. You were given entirely reasonable IC orders and refused them on the grounds of OOC distaste that doesn't exist. The other orders you followed was like trying to get blood from a stone. Yes, you did eventually give me the things I asked for, after multiple prodding. At no point did you give me any indication of what the issue was outside of sulking about the other officers finding it frustrating you didn't turn up. This talk of how unfair the scrutiny is is because there's wildly different leaps of logic between: a) Security belts and bags are going to be where people put things like pepperspray, maglights, flashes - you know, all the things detectives get and b) This person is sexually harassing me for their power fantasy because they hate me.

I am not out to personally get you and I doubt anyone else is either. It's an incredibly weird stance to take with zero proof other than 'Because I say so'. 

Given you've posted the ticket logs, I'm gonna share the full one here too as it's easier tor read in this format. I think part of it is cut off, but it's to show a point. I didn't want to previously as it's unfair given I have access to them, and would therefor have had to guess at the context were I another player - which you could also accuse of doing these kinds of things, and there would struggle to defend themselves in context. 

Spoiler

logs1.thumb.PNG.a116d9cd215d37c97fd81713512cce19.PNG

logs2.PNG.d24cbeab13e4646634fb10074ed89c67.PNG

This is just so incredibly odd, hurtful, and damaging. The complaint has been made and read by many others, you made IC accusations, so I would therefor like to continue this complaint as it saves me from making a separate one. Turning a normal interaction for a suspension and trying to twist it around to some kind of personal vendetta of an annoyed player out to humiliate you for a strip tease is just abhorrent and shows so little understanding about the things I am being accused of. I am not okay with it suddenly being closed and backed out of because you've had enough after your choice to continue this.

Right you can call me names, LRP player not 'recognize my existence' and generally try to talk down to me and minimize me as not credible or capable of logic. Its not an indication at all of the way you might treat people you disagree with. That would be illogical. No one will address what your actions did to make another player feel like shit, ICly and OOCly which youve brought to the forum here by calling me names and a liar when I am not lying either, saying that events that clearly 100% did occur did not occur and people should believe I am full of crap based on your word... this is just pathetic. My character was not throwing things on the floor, he threw his ID on the desk yet you portray this as a temper tantrum and made up a whole bunch of other stuff to make me seem untrustworthy or not worthy of listening to. Your actions were aggro, clearly motivated by OOC grudging including your admission that you were getting frustrated with me.

You don't care at all about how your actions, based on your admitted perception of another player, affected that player. You'll just insult me, and try to gaslight me or tell me to feel 'shame' for making those feelings known, which is just wrong. You shouldnt be whitelisted if you mistreat people like this, simple as.

"I am not okay with it suddenly being closed and backed out of because you've had enough after your choice to continue this."

Do you not understand that is what I mean by creepy? I will not be bullied into 'having enough' or 'backing out' or whatever you think you are accomplishing by speaking to me the way that you are. I am merely trying get accountability for your behaviour and by extension a Staff member for creating a perceived case where whitelists are given the benefit of the doubt, and assumptions are made on their behalf about their behaviour; and instead there is tangible backlash for attempting to make the grief known about

2 minutes ago, BL1NKY said:

The HoS' actions were not necessary

Your character "dismissed himself". You were ordered to hand in your gear, but you only handed in part of it. The HoS requested the rest (bags and belts, despite not being security equipment, can hide security equipment, and this is not something I should be having to explain) You refused. Refusing an order means you can be arrested. You were then arrested.

I'm not sure what to tell you, this is quite literally how every single security interaction ends when someone countermands security. And this is all without mentioning that searches without warrants are allowed on code blue. With your logic, what is someone supposed to do when the other person doesn't want to be searched?

5 minutes ago, BL1NKY said:

their 'assumptions' leading to the mistreatment are allowable because they can assume, but I am the one who should be scrutinized at a level completely different from the whitelister who should be held to an even higher standard in fairness.

Let's break this down:

• The ship was on code blue because of a bomber. Code blue allows searches without warrants. Therefore it is completely fine for a head of security to want to search you.
  • You dismissed yourself and were told to hand in your gear. Your backpack and belt can still contain security gear. Basically almost everyone has security gear of some sort in their backpack or belt. This isn't some sort of meta unreasonable assumption, this is just basic game knowledge. Example: with your logic, searching a suspected bomber's backpack would be meta, because "you shouldn't be able to make assumptions".
  • You are not being scrutinized, not once has anyone contested what you did IC, nor were you bwoinked or adminhelped. What you said is being scrutinised because you levied accusations at someone by saying you were weirded out/creeped out/whatever else, and I hope you understand that this is not something you should do lightly.
9 minutes ago, BL1NKY said:

I do not believe that an HoS can barrage you with increasingly convoluted or poorly motivated orders to harass you and that those are 'valid' orders.

All of these orders were valid. You, once again, refused a valid order. Refusing an order means you can be arrested. There is no other way for me to put it in a clearer way for you -- this is just what happens to everyone that refused to go along with security.

You were not barraged with orders. You were told to hand in your security gear. You seem to be under the impression that these were all completely different orders, when essentially they were one and the same: "hand in your gear". Just because someone examined you to see whatever else you had on you that might contain security gear to have you take it off doesn't mean that they were making up orders as they went.

I think you severely misconstrue or exaggerate a lot of normal game mechanics to be "creepy" for some reason. This is really evident by how you keep claiming that you were "beaten" (prodded with a stunbaton because it's the only way officers can make someone comply with force, as happens to everyone), "paraded around/humiliated" (brought to processing to have your gear checked, as happens to everyone). Describing all of this as some sort of "OOC abuse" is simply not something that makes any sort of sense -- nothing that happened to you is unique, this just happens to everyone that antags or goes against security in some way. If a bartender decides to not serve a head of security, tells them to go fuck themselves as an example, and gets arrested, they get your same treatment -- they get stunbatonned, cuffed, brought to processing, searched (bags and all), charged and then let go.

With that said, there isn't any issue on the head of security part, or on Yonni's. I take some issues with the way you, as I said before, misconstrued normal game eventts to make them fit a narrative of a player creeping/weirding you out. I will now give you some examples of this.

11 hours ago, BL1NKY said:

Not only that but ICly they said they were afraid to report the abuse to the Captain in case the HoS gave them the same treatment, which speaks volumes.

[23:43:30.592] SAY: N8-Toe/(Nathan Rogers) : (Ceti Basic) So.. the chief is just being an asshole.
[23:43:33.650] SAY: N8-Toe/(Nathan Rogers) : (Ceti Basic) We dont have a solid plan.
[23:43:49.926] SAY: N8-Toe/(Nathan Rogers) : (Ceti Basic) And there is an actual factual intersteller unibomber running around this ship.
[23:43:43.095] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) If you two can report this to the captian.
[23:43:46.727] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) You would really help me out.
[23:43:50.710] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) This abuse.
[23:44:08.094] SAY: N8-Toe/(Nathan Rogers) : (Ceti Basic) Ill report it man.
[23:44:20.972] SAY: N8-Toe/(Nathan Rogers) : (Ceti Basic) But cmon, let me help you up.
[23:44:43.494] SAY: N8-Toe/(Nathan Rogers) : (Ceti Basic) Really are.
[23:44:45.604] SAY: N8-Toe/(Nathan Rogers) : (Ceti Basic) Gramps.
[23:44:57.269] SAY: N8-Toe/(Nathan Rogers) : (Ceti Basic) Yeah.
[23:44:53.466] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) Will you really report it?
[23:45:00.799] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) That shit was extreme abuse.
[23:45:04.982] SAY: N8-Toe/(Nathan Rogers) : (Ceti Basic) Once im sure our baby eating boss wont actualyl flay me for it.

This is what was said in front of you, and the officer clearly said they'd report the HoS to the Captain -- yet, you omitted that.

The Cadets come up to my seizing body abandoned in the lobby

[23:34:39.939] ATTACK: peppermint96/(Xochiquetzal) attempted to handcuff BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) 
[23:34:52.877] ATTACK: peppermint96/(Xochiquetzal) attempted to remove a leather satchel from BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) (INTENT: GRAB) 
[23:35:07.511] WHISPER: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) Well done, you caught the bomber.
[23:35:24.711] WHISPER: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) No.
[23:36:13.129] WHISPER: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) Well done, you're making the station a safer p-place.
[23:36:37.763] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) I tried to conduct an investigation and was surrounded by r-rubes talking shit at my first assessment.
[23:36:53.437] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) You very much do.
[23:36:58.048] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) TOo much even.
[23:37:20.996] ATTACK: peppermint96/(Xochiquetzal) attempted to remove HUDsunglasses from BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) (INTENT: GRAB) 
[23:37:29.823] ATTACK: peppermint96/(Xochiquetzal) attempted to remove a security radio headset from BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) (INTENT: GRAB) 
[23:37:37.349] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) Disgusting.
[23:38:06.646] ATTACK: peppermint96/(Xochiquetzal) attempted to remove some handcuffs from BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) (INTENT: GRAB) 
[23:38:12.009] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) You cant conduct an investigation if the Officers on scene cannot help and just stand there screeching, sorry.
[23:38:26.914] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) Fucking a-animal.
[23:38:40.936] EMOTE: Jack Harden/BL1NKY : <B>Jack Harden</B> passes out.
[23:39:24.497] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) U-U-U-Ugh...
[23:40:14.680] EMOTE: Jack Harden/BL1NKY : <B>Jack Harden</B> is lying face down on the steel tiles.
[23:40:38.194] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) Ugh..
[23:41:02.176] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) Looks like my house will get foreclosed on afteral.
[23:41:42.738] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) That was abuse.
[23:41:53.242] EMOTE: Jack Harden/BL1NKY : <B>Jack Harden</B> is still catching his breath.
[23:42:28.270] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) Whats the point?

First of all, you claim you were "strip searched". Only a leather satchel, your glasses and a radio were removed from you.

the situation was escalating from being asked to hand in an ID into an unwarranted strip search

You lie here.

I didn't say they asked me to strip my clothes off, only my gear. I used the term strip search as in being asked for my ID and escalating to removing my kit/search every pocket/bag/coat etc. which was completely unwarranted.

You then immediately countermand yourself, which means that you knew it was not actually a strip search, you were just exaggerating it on purpose.

charges me with Failure to Obey Order, and strip searches everything I have, taking my glasses and headset as the other Officers look on in shock saying that the treatment is completely overboard and dirty.

However, you repeat yourself here by saying you were "strip searched" again. You are doing this on purpose. Again you misinterpret normal game events (officers looking at processing) to be something it isn't ("people looking in shock"). I searched the logs -- nobody actually ever said anything about this treatment being overboard and dirty. Fortunately, I had a screenshot of the manifest, so I could filter the logs using the names of the officers.

[23:34:30.370] WHISPER: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) A-A-A-Are you fucking s-serious?
[23:34:31.187] SAY: XXX/(Samuele Savoia) : (Ceti Basic) Also- why are some of us armed and others not...?
[23:34:39.939] ATTACK: peppermint96/(Xochiquetzal) attempted to handcuff BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) 
[23:34:52.877] ATTACK: peppermint96/(Xochiquetzal) attempted to remove a leather satchel from BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) (INTENT: GRAB) 
[23:34:59.528] SAY: XXX/(Joshua Rudnik) : (Ceti Basic) Because some of us where going E.V.A and...others are cadets like us. Yeah.
[23:35:07.511] WHISPER: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) Well done, you caught the bomber.
[23:36:11.191] SAY: XXX/(Trovensky Heapatus) : (Ceti Basic) What's the ROE for this suspect komandir?
[23:35:07.612] SAY: XX/(Nathan Rogers) : (Ceti Basic) Im waiting at the armory, want to check something out since im on the guys kill lis--
[23:35:19.490] SAY: XXX/(Nathan Rogers) : (Ceti Basic) Uh, everything ok?
[23:35:24.711] WHISPER: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) No.
[23:35:32.976] SAY: XXX/(Samuele Savoia) : (Ceti Basic) Oh.
[23:35:56.392] SAY: XXX/(Joshua Rudnik) : (Ceti Basic) What the.
[23:36:13.129] WHISPER: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) Well done, you're making the station a safer p-place.
[23:36:35.990] SAY: XXX/(Joshua Rudnik) : (Ceti Basic) Cool dog.
[23:36:37.763] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) I tried to conduct an investigation and was surrounded by r-rubes talking shit at my first assessment.
[23:36:47.425] EMOTE: XXX/Odio_el_Comino : <B>Joshua Rudnik</B> nods.
[23:36:53.437] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) You very much do.
[23:36:58.048] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) TOo much even.
[23:37:04.596] SAY: XXX/(Ash Callahan) : (Ceti Basic) Harden?
[23:37:19.306] SAY: XXX/(Joshua Rudnik) : (Ceti Basic) Oh- really?
[23:37:20.996] ATTACK: peppermint96/(Xochiquetzal) attempted to remove HUDsunglasses from BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) (INTENT: GRAB) 
[23:37:22.009] SAY: XXX/(Joshua Rudnik) : (Ceti Basic) Sure..
[23:37:29.823] ATTACK: peppermint96/(Xochiquetzal) attempted to remove a security radio headset from BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) (INTENT: GRAB) 
[23:37:37.349] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) Disgusting.
[23:37:41.147] SAY: XXX/(Joshua Rudnik) : (Ceti Basic) Daw.
[23:37:52.787] SAY: XXX/(Joshua Rudnik) : (Ceti Basic) What a cute little dog.
[23:38:06.646] ATTACK: peppermint96/(Xochiquetzal) attempted to remove some handcuffs from BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) (INTENT: GRAB) 
[23:38:11.235] SAY: XXX/(Joshua Rudnik) : (Ceti Basic) Thank you madame.
[23:38:12.009] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) You cant conduct an investigation if the Officers on scene cannot help and just stand there screeching, sorry.
[23:38:24.990] EMOTE: Joshua Rudnik/Odio_el_Comino : <B>Joshua Rudnik</B> gives a half smile.
[23:38:25.632] ACCESS: Logout: XXX/(Nathan Rogers)
[23:38:51.364] SAY: XXX/(Joshua Rudnik) : (Ceti Basic) Oh..
[23:39:27.281] ACCESS: Login: XXX/(Nathan Rogers
[23:39:51.799] SAY: XXX/(Samuele Savoia) : (Ceti Basic) What happened?
[23:40:14.680] EMOTE: Jack Harden/BL1NKY : <B>Jack Harden</B> is lying face down on the steel tiles.

These are all the logs of the relevant situation, from processing to you being put in the lobby. Again - nobody said or did anything that you mentioned. Most officers weren't even there.

The Cadets come up to my seizing body abandoned in the lobby and say (paraphrased) 'We don't know what to do no-one is showing us what to do, can you get up and keep teaching us?' which is what I intended to do but can't do because I'm weirded the hell out by what just happened and feeling like shit and want to log off.

One of the cadets wasn't there. The extent of your interactions with the other cadet:

[23:38:17.477] SAY: XXX/(Ash Callahan) : (Ceti Basic) Harden?
[23:38:32.651] SAY: XXX/(Ash Callahan) : (Ceti Basic) W-
[23:39:53.304] SAY: XXX/(Ash Callahan) : (Ceti Basic) What the hell?
[23:40:38.194] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) Ugh..
[23:40:44.075] SAY: XXX/(Ash Callahan) : (Ceti Basic) Greetings.
[23:41:02.176] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) Looks like my house will get foreclosed on afteral.
[23:41:14.890] SAY: XX/(Ash Callahan) : (Ceti Basic) Christine...
[23:41:27.681] SAY: XX/(Ash Callahan) : (Ceti Basic) I guess you should take a look at Med lobby...
[23:41:42.738] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) That was abuse.
[23:41:44.049] SAY: XX/(Ash Callahan) : (Ceti Basic) Harden?
[23:41:53.242] EMOTE: Jack Harden/BL1NKY : <B>Jack Harden</B> is still catching his breath.
[23:42:01.506] SAY: XX/(Ash Callahan) : (Ceti Basic) I'm sorry, but the order-
[23:42:22.264] SAY: XX/(Ash Callahan) : (Ceti Basic) Man, you gonna stand up?...
[23:42:28.270] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) Whats the point?
[23:42:41.878] SAY: XX/(Ash Callahan) : (Ceti Basic) Tell me what to do, 'cause I know nothing.
[23:42:46.049] SAY: XX/(Ash Callahan) : (Ceti Basic) What to start from?
[23:42:51.764] SAY: XXX/(Ash Callahan) : (Ceti Basic) What to do next?
[23:42:55.035] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) Do not interact with the HoS. At all.
[23:42:56.595] SAY: XX/(Ash Callahan) : (Ceti Basic) Who killed the monkey?
[23:43:07.296] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) I dont know, I couldnt condict that investigation.
[23:43:18.216] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) Then the next one I tried, I got screamed at and couldnt even begn.
[23:43:29.395] SAY: XX/(Ash Callahan) : (Ceti Basic) So she suspended you for, what for?
[23:43:30.989] SAY: BL1NKY/(Jack Harden) : (Ceti Basic) Then was beaten for walking away.

Most of what you said didn't happen. One cadet asked you what to do next because they were shadowing you -- they were most certainly not begging, most certainly not two cadets, and they most certainly did not say "no one is showing us what to do".

@BL1NKY I would like to know why so much was misinterpreted by you and why so many completely normal interactions were construed by you as "creepy", "humiliating", "uncomfortable", and why you decided to intentionally exaggerate things to this degree.

I could explain every single point you have made and each point will be further dissected into irrelevance. I just dont have the time to do this. For the record I did say that the Officer ICly said they were afraid to report the HoS etc. but again I just can't get into it. The culture is so overwhelmingly obvious in bias toward whitelists/mods/admins - so be it. No point in AHELPing, no point in Staff Complaints, archive this so people can see why to not made concerns known on Aurora.

12 minutes ago, BL1NKY said:

Suit yourself, Matt. Ive been at this for over two hours now and genuinely dont have the time keep going on about it. Ive made my case known, so do what you will.

Alright.

As described in my post above, it is not acceptable to lie to this degree on a staff complaint. When levying accusations such as "this person is being creepy towards me" down to actually claiming there to be abuse and targeted harrassment you should make sure that your facts are straight or at the very least are not extremely basic misinterpretations of common in-game events, because these are things that stick. You will receive a warning for this, because it is simply not acceptable for you to throw labels at people with dubious reasoning, all the while misinterpreting and lying about IC events and claiming that there is some sort of great OOC staff conspiracy against you or protecting staff, when a quick look in the staff complaints archive will show you that this is not the case at all.

This complaint will be archived in 24 hours.