Player Complaint - Rize Noack

BYOND Key: Comrade_Watermelon
Game ID: cnS-at4u
Player Byond Key & Character Name: Rize Noack - No idea how to figure out his ckey but he plays a security officer
Staff Involved: N/A
Reason for complaint:

Security validhunting, essentially. This is a persistent problem but this incident was particularly egregious. I was antagging as raiders with three others. We stole from the vault and the engineering storage. the three other raiders got captured when we were trying to loot the crew armory, and I was the only one who fled successfully. Because of this, I proposed a deal where I would give a phoron tank back for every one of my crew which was returned.

Security led by Rize Noack who was basically acting HoS at the time acted as though they accepted my deal, but planned to ambush me. This in itself is not bad. It's a good choice. The problem is that security without fail never makes deals with antags, never negotiates with them in good faith, and because of this encourages already weak antags like raiders to be stealthy and not engage with most of the ship. We did very well for raiders but the moment I try and RP with security at all is the moment I and anyone else loses.

This happens over and over again. Yesterday I was playing vampire and killed by a shotgun blast to the face while I was on the ground and unarmed. Before that point, I had not killed anyone. Security is routinely the largest department and routinely kills antags the moment they get an excuse to. This discourages fun gimmicks and makes the game less interesting for everyone by encouraging stealth or building up enough stuff (access, thralls, guns, etc.) until you can take the ship by overwhelming security and simply killing them.

This specific incident and player is not the issue, but the trend of sec players ruthlessly validhunting is. Security must be held to a higher standard, and more people will play antag and more interesting antag gimmicks will become possible.

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation?

No. I do not believe rules were actually broken, but I do think this is bad RP and discourages future interesting antag gimmicks or play. I am reporting this because it is a persistent issue where rules aren't technically being broken but it matters a lot.

Approximate Date/Time: 5/18/2023 around 12:30 EST.

Hi there,

I'm a little confused regarding your complaint. This is for when people do break rules and you didn't get to talk to an admin in game, or you feel it wasn't handled correctly. However you stated a few times that it's not really this specific player but security as a whole. Are you wanting every security player looked at for the two rounds you mentioned? As if you're not complaining about the players involved, this should probably be more of a general forum post/a suggestion about how to fix this.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Peppermint said:

Hi there,

I'm a little confused regarding your complaint. This is for when people do break rules and you didn't get to talk to an admin in game, or you feel it wasn't handled correctly. However you stated a few times that it's not really this specific player but security as a whole. Are you wanting every security player looked at for the two rounds you mentioned? As if you're not complaining about the players involved, this should probably be more of a general forum post/a suggestion about how to fix this.

If this board is for complaints about specific rule breaking actions rather than complaints in general then I may have misunderstood the point of it. I will look into making a post on the correct board in the correct forum. Thank you for responding to it anyways.