The Orchid Society

Guest XanderDox

Type (e.g. Planet, Faction, System): Faction

Founding/Settlement Date (if applicable): 2234

Region of Space: Sol, Tau Ceti, Epsilon Eridani

Controlled by: N/A (Unless you want to go with the Founding Families)

Other Snapshot information:

The Orchid Society was founded in 2234, on Earth. The initial founding families were the Godswoods, Maladaxis', Noxes, Pennbrookes, Currens, and Armourians. Each family was considerably wealthy, or otherwise held a position of power (in government, business, or intellectually), and all of them initially met during work for NanoTrasen (who most of the members still work for today). It was founded with the following goals;

Ensure the protection of Society assets, including funds, property, identities and persons.

Ensure the maintaining of all member's wealth, power or knowledge.

Influence government and corporate decisions from behind the scenes to better suit the Society's needs.

These goals are still in play today with the current form of the Orchid Society.

Long Description:

http://aurorastation.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=2063

Basically, I invented them to progress my Godswood story line, but it turned out seeming kinda cool to me, and I think in this kinda world, there would definitely be secret organizations trying to play puppet master.

This somewhat does break the rules of the lore app, since my character Niklaus is on of the Founders (leaders of the faction) but that was only done so I would be able to progress the storyline with the Godswood as a driving force onboard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
"Godswoods, Maladaxis" would this count as a Character in a leading position?

No longer a rule under the New Guidelines.

And, all Godswoods are dead, and the only Maladaxis character I maintain is a disowned one who is considered below dirt by her founder father. And I rarely play her except within the Godswood storyline.

• 6 months later...

It exists whether it's accepted or not, merely because it's become a part of multiple character's storyarchs with multiple players.

It's also not space 'illuminati' it has very limited power and can't really do much. They pay people off, and use their resources to try and get rid of people they don't like.

The illuminati was an organization dedicated to things like education and women's rights during a very religious time period.

Alright, now that I have the power to do so, I give you two options:

Mark the thread as "Accepted" and archive it, but do not add a wiki page. You are free to distribute information about it, but it stays a relatively minor thing.

Mark the thread as "Processing" and we work together towards determining how influential this group is and then create a Community Wiki page.

Which one will you pick?

• 2 weeks later...