BYOND key: Firstact

Discord Username: Firstact

Character names:

Azarii Marrkarr (bridge crew)

Krrazama Vahzirthaamrro (sec officer)

D'Jar Sa'Kuate (deceased, Head of Sec)

Al'Hasam Rrho'harre (off-ship TCFL/IAC)

Jo'Zah Saani (Former Chief Engineer)

and many more, but probably not memorable to others. Yes, they've almost all been tajara, sue me.

How long have you been playing on Aurora?

I joined a few months after Aurora launched and have played ever since with a few breaks when needed. I joined back when we used an entirely different forum and ran around a barely-changed Exodus station. 🙀

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?

I don't recall any administrative actions such as temp-bans I've had against me as a player, only IC investigations involving CCIA.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?

There are multiple roles that heads of staff play in an OOC fashion regarding Aurora. Primarily I would say they are present to provide an example of roleplay to newer players who may be unfamiliar with what's expected on the server. They also are to provide assistance to said new players through guidance and/or tutoring to establish OOC knowledge of game mechanics while building a standard of roleplay through IC interaction and discussion. Secondarily I would say heads of staff are there to help guide the direction of any singular round and assist in establishing the overall narrative of the current story direction. Command staff are responsible for how daily interactions with antagonists may play out, and are expected not to shut down their roleplay while also responding within their IC interests for themselves and the crew they are in charge of. This balance builds the experience needed for command staff to respond appropriately when we do have major events that change the servers narrative, and they are capable of exerting some influence into how these events play out for the entirety of the player base.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?

Similar to above, the responsibilities of whitelisted players to others are to maintain a standard of roleplay and behavior. I would hope everyone on Aurora is here to have fun in some way, and the expectation is that you aren't meant to have fun at the expense of others. This especially applies to command whitelistees given their potential impact on character narrative and general interactions between players in many circumstances. Furthermore, a whitelisted player of any kind is held to a standard of roleplay because those whitelists generate interest from newer players about the roles/species that are being shown. For example, as a Tajara whitelist holder I'm expected to have a good understanding of multiple broad subjects that impact Tajara characters and the ongoing developments in their lore. In failing to uphold that, I may not be representing the species as intended such as their approach to professional relationships and corporate or political views, and may give the wrong impression of what's expected of Tajara to a new player who is interested in them at a more surface-level view.

Explain how the recent events in the Spur changed your character and how they came to be employed on the SCCV Horizon.

For Nadiyya, directly recent events such as the rampancy virus haven't affected her too directly. However, she has been most impacted by the repeated attacks on the Republic of Biesel, and the resulting fall of the solarian alliance with the expanding effects that has had on the spur as a whole. The biggest event in her life so far was the Lii'dra invasion of New Gibson. While spared from much of the devastation due to working remotely outside of the biodomes, Nadiyya saw and experienced the profound psychological effects of the Lii'dra terror bombing. Having emergency response firefighting experience helped Nadiyya through this experience and she took charge of the crew in an effort to help everyone flee to safety. While performing volunteer relief work during the rebuilding Nadiyya took interest in more than simple reactor work and maintenance, and upon seeing the failure of multiple command chains to properly respond to the Lii'dra, she decided to go back to school and finish a higher degree to embed herself within the Hephaestus chain of command, for personal security and to try and enact meaningful decisions for those under her. Following the Lii'dra invasion, Nadiyya maintained work on New Gibson under Hephasetus, applying her knowledge of atmospheric chemistry during further studies in biosphere maintenance. Two years later, Nadiyya was kept relatively safe during the second attempted invasion of Tau Ceti by Frost, but the resulting cooperation between megacorporations and those with interests in phoron assets showed her that more was at play in a system where economic power is everything. In the years following the combined phoron scarcity and efforts to combat Einstein Engines have been topics Nadiyya has kept well informed on, and it's changed her view on corporations from simple entities of employment to those with keen economic interests that they fight to keep safe. In spite of the clear stigma against Tajara, Nadiyya felt that the best course of change would be examples from inside the command structure. After graduating and making chief, she spent a few years with Hephaestus performing biosphere maintenance and learning of new reactor standards post-phoron scarcity. Nadiyya has since decided to try and involve herself in the chainlink as a means of further advancement, and upon hearing of the Horizon setting course back for the republic, she submitted an application for transfer of her contract to the SCC under Hephaestus, both to secure herself within a higher chain of command and in curiosity for their mission outside of Tau Ceti.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?

I'll want to play Chief Engineer to start with as its my most well known department mechanically but one of the command roles I've played the least, so a mix of familiarity with engineering and command experience should help me adjust to a supervisory role again. Engineering is largely independent but does well when given directions, especially from someone in touch with the rest of command when present, which means for a command role it's one of the least stressful to manage a full department with and will allow me to more easily learn any changes to the command structure that have happened since I stopped playing command. I will likely make a Head of Security and/or a Chief Medical Officer in the future as those are both roles I've been received compliments on my playstyle for aboard Aurora 2 and have been asked if I would apply for command again to play them. Once comfortable with command I would like to try out captain as it's been years since playing that role and I feel it's more impactful in the setting of Horizon rather than a station, and we desperately need a more solid command structure during most rounds. However, that is a distant prospect for now.

Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?

Absolutely. There are very few mechanics and regulations I'm unfamiliar with by now and I regularly read up on the wiki when creating characters or to bring myself up to standard with any changes. I'm familiar with every command role except for OM, though I have played Quartermaster prior to its implementation.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking:

Nadiyya Mirzahkiin, a somewhat new character designed for CE that I briefly played as atmos tech last year to check out Horizons atmos network before making some changes to them and swapping their last name. I've had this character created just for CE but kept delaying my application as I had other priorities.

A 35yr old hharar tajara, born and raised on New Gibson, in an Ovanstad, Fallanland. A republican citizen by birth, but has never been outside of Tau Ceti as of their (potential) transfer to Horizon. She's a professional Hephaestus atmospheric technician with varied work experience within the system of Tau Ceti, notably running a glacier brick on New Gibson, being a fire response technician during some of the worst phoron fires in Mendell, and working biodome maintenance and power generation in Xoikko, New Gibson. While somewhat new to working aboard a ship, Nadiyya is very familiar with the duties assigned to her and has leadership experience. She expects those under her supervision to engage in safe and efficient practices but allows for autonomy with those who show clear communication and competence in their work, as she does understand that their decisions reflect upon her. I believe Nadiyya is a character well suited to training newer engineer players and/or apprentices, given my extensive experience in the department and her easy attitude towards employees.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?
I have already had this whitelist stripped without having administrative actions against me, I'm aware that it is not a permanent status.

Have you linked your BYOND account to the Forums?
Yes.

Extra notes:
Fixed it 😼

Edited by firstact
format part 2: electric boogaloo
  • Like 1

An anecdote about Firstact is this: They helped me way back when I first hopped on Aurora, I had just gotten onto a TCFL ship and I was completely lost. I happened to go up to them and LOOC at them, now, most people probably would have avoided what looked like a bumbling tider, but Firstact pointed me to specific bits of info on the wiki for starting out, and when I was curious about Tajara, explained a little of it to me. If not for them, I probably wouldn't have stuck around. So thanks First for making my new player experience a little better :)

+1

• Like 1

This player is kind of awesome. I don't think I have a negative thing to say about Firstact, they've demonstrated good OOC and IC conduct around me, they are wonderful to roleplay with and-- wait.... did you not capitalize 'Tajara' or 'Hharar'? : /