Incident Report {06MAY2457} - Reyjakai Friedmann [Ongoing]

Guest 1138

Reporting Personnel: Vira De Santos

Rank of Reporting Personnel: Head of Security

Personnel Involved: Jillian Flemming: Security Officer (Plaintiff), John(?) Roadman: Assistant (Victim), Reyjakai Friedmann: Security Officer (Defendant)

Time of Incident: 06MAY2457

Location of Incident: Morgue maintenance.

Nature of Incident: []Workplace Hazard []Accident/Injury []Destruction of Property [x]Neglect of Duty []Harassment []Assault [x]Misconduct []Other _____

Overview of the Incident: Reyjakai Friedmann allegedly detained a suspect of a crime without due process, displaying intent of arrest, or announcing charges. They breached SOP and used excessive force in detainment than was necessary. They attempted to flash an assistant with a welding mask on, and when that failed, they moved immediately to their stun baton to neutralize an otherwise compliant and unarmed suspect. In addition, they performed a search in the middle of the Starboard primary hallway shortly after being taken out of maintenance.

The reason why I filed a report based on this claim is because Officer Friedmann has displayed such behavior in the past, though not to such a gross extent such as this, or it simply could not be proved as a criminal's testimony is often taken less seriously by principle. In addition, the plaintiff had no reason to lie to me and was otherwise a neutral third party and witness to the situation.

Did you report it to a Head of Staff or IAA? If so, who?: The incident was reported to myself, and I was the only personnel available to file it.

Additional notes:

The following is a transcript that was recorded regarding the testimony of the plaintiff against the defendant, prompting a complaint and an incident report to be filed.

Transcript:

[00:00] Recording started.

[00:01] Vira De Santos says, "The date is May 6th, 2457. This is a complaint against Reyjakai Friedman, made by Jillian Fleming."

[00:11] Jillian Fleming says, "Alright. Uhm..."

[00:19] Vira De Santos says, "Please start at the beginning."

[00:37] Jillian Fleming says, "During the incident with the man breaking into the morgue, I reported it over the radio, as I'd heard construction noises from the area."

[01:03] Jillian Fleming says, "I witnessed Roadman cutting his was into the morgue, and saw several dismantled walls in the area."

[01:11] Jillian Fleming says, "Er, his way in, ma'am. Apologies."

[01:39] Jillian Fleming says, "I reported it over the radio, and multiple officers reported to the scene, including officers Foreal and Friedman."

[01:57] Jillian Fleming says, "During this time, I was speaking with the suspect over a heater that was just inside the doorway."

[02:16] Jillian Fleming says, "It's my belief that he was both cooperative and nonhostile during this time, and I was merely attempting to figure out the situation"

[02:30] Vira De Santos asks, "This is where Friedman comes in, I imagine?"

[02:34] Jillian Fleming says, "When Friendman arrived, they went around behind Roadmann into maintenance."

[02:58] Jillian Fleming says, "They then immediately attempted to flash the suspect, and when that failed due to the welding mask, proceeded to use their stun baton."

[03:09] Jillian Fleming says, "No announcement of charges, the intent to arrest, nothing."

[03:18] Jillian Fleming says, "Just immediately to non-lethals."

[03:20] Vira De Santos asks, "Was Roadman detained?"

[03:27] Jillian Fleming says, "At that point, yes."

[03:33] Vira De Santos asks, "For how long? Is his sentence up?"

[03:59] Jillian Fleming says, "I'm not sure, ma'am, Friendman was handling it, as I simply wished to get the report in against him."

[04:05] Jillian Fleming shouts, "Oh, also!"

[04:33] Jillian Fleming says, "Rather than bringing the suspect to processing for a search, Friendman proceeded to search him in the hall."

[04:41] Jillian Fleming says, "Despite having him in cuffs at that point."

[04:52] Vira De Santos asks, "I see. Is that all then?"

[05:14] Jillian Fleming says, "In all, I'd like to argue a case of i117 and a failure to follow SOP."

[05:23] Jillian Fleming says, "Thank you for taking my complaint, ma'am."

[05:36] Vira De Santos says, "Recording end."

[05:36] Recording stopped.