oneonethreeeight - Unathi Whitelist Application

Guest 1138

BYOND Key: oneonethreeeight

Character Names: Vira De Santos, Dima Ruslanovich, Bertor, Talia Varick, Hardin Stryker,

How long have you been playing on Aurora: Give or take, half a year.

Species you are applying to play: Unathi.

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Orange-brown (Rustic) 125, 50, 0

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: Specifically, I've been deeply interested in how synonymous the Unathi honor code and the Mandalorian Code of Honor are. The Uneth and the Mando'ade draw many similarities in terms of worship of the traditions and the ancestors that preceded the living Uneth and Mando'ade (They actually best resemble the Taung, the original Mando'ade in the SW universe). I've never been in a position where I could roleplay a Mandalorian, but it's rather easy to draw parallels between the two and still produce some interesting roleplay scenarios out of the former rather than the latter. Uneth are literally the next best thing to Mandalorians, you guys.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Humans aren't typically bound to the same honor and respect that Unathi have for their elders, ancestry and traditions. Humans don't turn their nose at progress, even if it means sacrificing what it means to be human. Generally, it's all about personal gain for humans, to strive for personal evolution. However, Unathi would rather die themselves than to have their traditions be compromised, as tradition and ancestry is what makes the individual Unathi who they are. Preservation of history, especially that of the clan and kin. Without the code, there is no kin. Without the kin, there is no clan. Without the clan, there is no Uneth. Without the Uneth, I am nothing.

Character Name: Alor Gora'ta'bor

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

The smell of soot and burnt, crackling flesh filled the air. An intense roar in the distance slowed to an ominous rumble, the vast concussion of a thermonuclear fission explosive failing to meet its yield expectations still managing to rip asunder the Izweski city of Da’ha’den. Corpses of fellow kin, though outcasts they were, being that of the Izweski khanate. They betrayed the very thought of our traditions. They sought to 'advance' us, but for what? To leave our identity lying in the sand? To surpass all of our adversaries, but in the end, finding ourselves wanting?

It could not be done. We could not sacrifice clan and kin to reach the stars. Not even our shamans, Dreamers, Artificers and Voidgazers, the latter touched in the mind and soul to see things in the stars that would drive an average Uneth mad, would dare advocating the death of our traditions for 'progress.'

I stood by my squadron, my brothers and sisters in war, though I was behind them, near the engines, weaponry and other equipment salvaged from the Izweski betrayers, salvaging and reverse-engineering their designs. On that day, we saw the grotesque beauty and necessity in what we carried out. What was decided by the elders, was that the Izweski needed to learn who we were. And to remember who they were.

I only regret the fact that the Izweski dishonored themselves in order to receive this reaction. I grieved for them, but I did not pity them.

As I watched the flames of Da'ha'den burn on for days, perhaps even weeks as I remained at my post, assembling, reassembling, repairing, modifying, upgrading, disassembling. Repeating this process, for weeks, without rest, I came to realize, alongside my brothers and sisters, one singular truth.

We will prevail by holding fast to our code.

We will wear our armor or our marks, in the event when hostilities do not require neutralization, our masks of cloth, silk, and ash manufactured by hand via the Weavers; to remember our ancestors and to honor them and ourselves, by any way possible.

We will speak the language, and speak only the language to our kin, no matter whether they be the enemy or be the outcast.

We will defend ourselves, our clan, and our honor.

We will raise our younglings as Uneth. We will raise them to uphold the code.

We will answer the call to war against a great enemy by our khan.

We will die to serve them, to uphold our honor and our code, and to serve our kin, clan, and ancestry, against all evil.

Knowledge and marks,

Self-defense, our tribe,

Our language, our khan—

All help us survive.

In short, Alor Gora'ta'bor is a sapper, mechanic and a rather skilled improviser with a very specific honor code and a general aversion to unnecessary conflict. He is rather aged, observant and , and generally shows respect even to foreigners/outsiders. For example, in an instance where he is slandered by whomever, he will interpret that any action undertaken upon the offender will dishonor the name of the clan. Therefore, he cannot (or, generally, should not) violently lash out at petty racists with nothing better to do but annoy him.

Shortly after the Contact War, where he served as a sapper and general mechanic for his brethren within his unit serving the Traditionalist Coalition responsible for the thermonuclear catastrophe that ripped apart Moghes and created the deadly Wasteland, he was lucky enough to be able to be shipped off-world to receive a formal education regarding the inner workings of power equipment, electrical hardware, as well as minor knowledge in computer interfacing and communications networking. They currently work for an outside contracting organization and their work is being outsourced to NanoTrasen, where their work and pay are determined based on monthly evaluations by the company department supervisors as well as the outsourcer evaluators.

What do you like about this character?

I happen to enjoy characters with a focus on maintaining a code of honor or a MO based on reveling in the worship of ancestry, as well as their ability to maintain their composure no matter whose path they cross. While respect may be earned and not given, it is honorable to show respect even to your greatest foe.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? Tin, would erp wif ok.

Notes:

To be clear, 1138 has departed from the Aurora community. So I'm going to recommend archiving this

I'm sticking around for a bit. I decided to man up and get over it.