Make Silicate better at repairing damaged windows

Per the title, it's an old chem that rarely sees use on its own. This would help solve that and give a (better) means to repair partially-damaged windows. A(n effective) means to repair windows is the primary goal of this thread.

For the unaware, this is Silicate, it's a truly ancient chem that could be sprayed to strengthen windows. It was never very useful back in the day.
2024-10-2117_43_21-GuidetoChemistry-AuroraInformationUplink.thumb.png.8ea00b545aa106b4ee7b9f190a3a494d.png

Edited by Carver
Cheers to Benbot for informing me it works, albeit very poorly
  • Like 2

It already does this (relevant code here), reinforcing glass after its been repaired, and repairing at a ratio of 3 HP/unit.

It breaks the sprite if it starts getting reinforced, though, and it's pretty tedious to use since spraying it directly applies everything in the spray bottle.

Edited by benbot16
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, benbot16 said:

It already does this (relevant code here), reinforcing glass after its been repaired, and repairing at a ratio of 3 HP/unit.

It breaks the sprite if it starts getting reinforced, though, and it's pretty tedious to use since spraying it directly applies everything in the spray bottle.

Intriguing, in this case I suppose that I’d hope it’d get updated/buffed for better usability. When I asked a few engineer mains they had no idea of anything fixing windows which is what prompted the thread (as I remembered this decade+ old chemical that was useless and mildly lightened window sprites).

• Carver changed the title to Make Silicate better at repairing damaged windows