CrunchyCHEEZITS IPC Application

BYOND Key: CrunchyCHEEZIT

Character Names: I mostly play AI and Borg, and although I have played as humans, they had randomized names.

How long have you been playing on Aurora: I started back in January of 2015 and came on the server on and off. I havent made an account until now because I didn't feel like actually digging my feet into the community until now.

Species you are applying to play: Integrated Positronic Chassis (IPC)

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: I read Baystations page on IPCs and the "Synthetics" page we have. They both give a general idea of what an IPC is.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: To give more face to my horrible synthetic fetish, really. I have spent my few months here playing as faceless cyborgs and AIs and never bothered trying to re-use names and form character out of them, it just didn't feel genuine. Now don't get get me wrong, I have alot of fun roleplaying as synthetics and striving to be Crunchy The Cyborg Guy, but now I decided to look at IPCs and try to and make an actual returning character and also have that character fit into my synthetic playstyle. I like IPCs, I played them before on Baystation and I want to have an IPC character that someone can look at be like "Hey, that is Crunchys character" (or, atleast be like "hey, its that one character from last round").

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: The IPC are the most alien and (arguably) the most difficult race to portay correctly, all because of their status as a machine. I am going to assume your a human in real life; I am too! We aren't machines. We don't think like machines and we cant see how machines think. It is impossible to truly portray an IPC with 100% accuracy because you would literally have to be a machine to understand the differences. IPCs have different bodies, different minds, different logic, different feelings, different senses, different morality, almost everything about them is purely alien because of how the perceive the world around them. We sense colors, smells, sights, feelings and tastes. IPCs could sense variables, numbers, conditions, integrates and so much more. And, I wouldn't be able to actually confirm any of those because im not a machine! IPCs are completely alien in every aspect except for their diversity-- which also makes them the most human-like race at the same time.

------------------------------------------

Character Name: Bonefist

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

"Bonefist" was the term uttered by the chief engineer of the "Void Devils" Tau Ceti merc gang when they finally finished creating their big project; A fully-customized IPC. The term evolved into a name for the unit, as none of the crew was smart enough to think up one of those fancy numbers-letter names used by the corporations. Bonefist didn't deserve a corporate name, because almost all of its technology was loaded with a variety of illegal 3rd party systems to improve combat performance in a violent and satisfying manner-- Bonefist actually managed to severely wound one of the engineers in the first week because the engineer "looked like a git".

Indeed, Bonefist didnt not operate like most popular units you see on the panys market. Bonefist held a heavily modified IX Positronic Brain, which removed most safety restrictions and effectively filled the IPC with a need to crush skulls and get money. Needless to say, this was VERY illegal and Bonefist was very generous with the systems it held; it had almost every reason to kill his creators, hijack the ship and go on a grand campaign of extermination across the galaxy but out of pure loyalty, Bonefist followed the orders of the Void Devils.

Bonefist served as the Void Devils secret weapon for the longest time until they crumbled apart. A good chunk of the crew was in cahoots with another rival gang, the captain got a bullet in the eyes and Bonefist was up for grabs. Bonefist than served in that merc gang until the same thing happened again.

And again.

And again...

Years and years of "agains" went by, with Bonefist being renamed countless times by countless gangs in countless systems. As time went on, Bonefists personal restraint dissipated. Gangs lost numbers quickly around Bonefist purely because they didn't know how to truly operate it. Every wayward look was answered with broken fingers, every "TIN CAN!" and "METAL MAN!" insult was met with missing limbs-- The Tau Ceti Killing Machine was getting a name out among the criminal community to the point of gangs -not- wanting to capture it. Bonefist never actually tried to get out of this endless limbo of merc gangs, however. It enjoyed the fighting and killing that came with meeting a gang and grew a passion of ripping off the organics arms. This apathy towards freedom garnered Bonefist...freedom, actually. It was sold to a private engineering corp in a more lawful space, who seeked to refit the Tau Ceti Killing Machine. Bonefist was angered at first-- the IPC made some loud synthetic roars and screeches before it was shut down for transportation.

Bonefist went from a piece of magnificent pirate technology to a pet project in the span of some hours, lying on a bench and having all of its illegal kustomized bits replaced with the "normie" legal tech. When Bonefist was turned back on, its chassis felt irregular. All the spiky bits-- gone. All of the crude gang signs-- gone. All of the red-- gone. Its processors could only feel rage.

Rage..Wait, Rage?

That's right, a piece of the original customized positronic code was still embedded into Bonefist after its transformation. On the outside, Bonefist looked like a normal IPC but on the inside it still had its ol' fighting self. Bonefist was personally proposed an opportunity to get shinies in a more civil way, involving lawful labor. The IPC was sold to NanoTrasen for use in security positions, the engineers stating "Its personality circuits are developed for 'minor' security improvement".

Now, my friends, we cut to the present. Bonefist, The Tau Ceti Killing Machine, works as a humble security officer on the NSS Aurora, secretly hiding its checkered past and odd personality behind faulty circuits. Even when surrounded by normies, however. Bonefist was a free IPC who could still fight and win.

Becuz, Bonefist wuz made fer fightan' an' winnin'!

What do you like about this character?

The chance to play a silly pirate ork-themed machine that was literally built for fighting and winning. I actually smiled when I wrote this.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

Pretty decent, I'd say im like a 6/10.

Notes: None!

That is because, as of recent, I have mostly just been playing Cyborgs and AI's with random names. This is the first time I have tried to make an actual character.

Is it a bad idea my first actual character (on this server) is a whitelisted one? Yeah, sure.

Is it worth trying? Yeah, sure.