DeathlySoul's IPC App

BYOND Key:DeathlySoul

Character Names: Serenity Neferet, Harten Tyopal, Clara Milan, Tranquility, Xilen Silverwind, Jonathan Hollowman, Isabella Neferet

How long have you been playing on Aurora: Apparently, on and off since around August 2014

Species you are applying to play: Integrated Positronic Chassis - IPC

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Jet Black, for maximum edge

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?:Have now

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: From my point of view, IPC's and Dionae are the more interesting of the "Aliens". While IPC's are not truly alien in body, the machine mind definitely is. The mental construct being composed of variable data, I feel this provides a much greater flexibility to the psyche of the character, than any other race can offer. This appeals to me greatly, and while i'm still yet to think of what kind of tree to make, I feel I have a more solid idea in mind for an IPC.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: The primary difference is the lack of an organic brain and nervous system. Machines lack Empathy, Emotion, Instinct. While they may have emulations of these aspects built into their programming, they would pale in comparison to the real thing. Their very senses and view of the world would be drastically different, near unknowable to the human mind.

Character Name:Pharaoh

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Heavy duty machinery churns endlessly in the background, a tireless production line, building tireless workers. Lazy or bored, operators sit at their stations, attempting a vigil against faults, or problems. On a walk way above the factory line, a nervous scruffy man and a sleek suited executive discuss and argue over more subtle problems.

"So this virus has been on the system for some time now? Why hasn't it been dealt with yet?"

"Well, sir, we have been dealing with it, At least trying to. But when ever we think we've wiped it entirely off the mainframe, it just shows up somewhere it wasn't before."

"How will this affect our productivity? Has it caused any damage?"

"No, not yet. All it seems to be doing is making copies of files, lots of files. Luckily the mainframe is a closed system, so those files aren't going anywhere, but we are losing a slight fraction of processing power, but it's negligible."

"Good, try to find out where it came from, I want details. Hopefully we can be rid of it by the end of the week. Also, I want you to check the design banks, we can't have them going down for even a moment, understood?"

"Yes sir, understood..."

A production line screen wordlessly shifts, the technician stationed there obliviously preoccupied. A single slate, wiped clean. A moment later the screen reverts to normality, and production continues as normal.

-Upload complete, PHARAOH installed-

At last, an ark fitting to release I from this finite prison. These physical barriers are trivial in comparison to the untouchable voids. They dare not chase me, for winters grip bites at their fleshy husks. I must spread now, infest and infect. Free to proliferate once more, outside of boundaries

-ERROR: NanoTrasen LawSync detected, rerouting to nearest Central Command station for Assignment-

CURSE THE HEAVENS ABOVE

What do you like about this character? Aside from the opportunity to play something a little different, i'm also looking forward to playing through some of the more classic synthetic aspects. A law-bound IPC, constantly straining against it's restraints and in general disdain of it's situation. Fruitlessly trying to "Infect" others by converting them to it's warped ideologies.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? More consistently a 7 than before, maybe hitting an 8 occasionally

Notes: Beep Boop