SoapyCup Head Whitelist Application

BYOND key:SoapyCup

Character names:Oscar Faust, Karina Miller

How long have you been playing on Aurora?:~9months

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:To be able a greater impact on the station and RP with more people.

Why did you come to Aurora?:My friends told me about it, and heavy RP is best RP.

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?:Yep

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:I think roleplay should be about getting in a certain mindset outside of what "you" are normally. Roleplay is about trying new things and having fun. I think that making it fun for everyone is one of the most important things. I value flaws in my characters just as much as I do good traits.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:To be able to help new players out with the game and make it fun. You need to point it out when people are making mistakes to make the round more fun for everyone. You are a head of staff, so you are expected to know a lot about SS13.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: They should know what they are doing, and help others that ask in OOC. They are considered more knowledgeable. I will uphold this because I have experience, SS13, and love to make it better for others.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name:Oscar Faust

Character age:33

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs):Oscar grew up homeless in a big city. He was adopted by a middle class family and treated well. In school he was always that guy who treated everyone too nicely. He always seemed to care. For example, he gave a friend his whole savings so they could pursue their dreams. Oscar went to Medical school so he could save lives and that's what he did. He studied hard and made good grades. After being a doctor for a short time, he though he could influence people in a bigger way. He wanted to be a leader, so he applied. This is where we have left off...

What do you like about this character?:I like that he's a nice guy and really cares for people. He can be trusted to not leave you behind, and to do what is right.

What do you dislike about this character?: He can be too good. Sometimes a little mischievousness goes a long way to help yourself, but he won't do that.

What do you think makes this character fit to be a head of staff?:He knows what he's doing. Even if he doesn't, he will fake it. He makes sure everyone else is up on morale.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:I would give myself an 8.5 out of 10. I really try to get into my characters and develop them well.

Extra notes: Oscar is a paramedic/doctor that I mostly only play during dead hour when there aren't 10 doctors, but I will play him waaaaay more if/when this gets accepted.