Balcaam's IPC Application

BYOND Key: Balcaam

Character Names: James Faraday, Marcus Reade, and Dr. Botnik(Borg).

How long have you been playing on Aurora: One and a half Week.

Species you are applying to play:IPC

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Black, maybe a little yellow thrown in.

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: I find the IPC an interesting species, how they can't eat or drink, but siphon energy from an APC and don't use recharging stations. I think because they are so closely related to both cyborgs and all humanoids fascinating!

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: I expect as an IPC , especially an engineer IPC, would have more knowledge on the mechanical and scientific related subjects like how to build robots or repair a breach.

Character Name:BAY

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

BAY was built by Nanotrasen for a construction job on board the NSS Exogenesis. He worked fixing breaches and wiring the solar panels. When he was out on the Solar structure, he found himself intrigued by space. BAY wanted to spend as much time in space as possible, and because of this he was reprimanded for unauthorized use of Nanotrasen gear. When that station was decommissioned and scrapped 3 years later, BAY was sent to the NMV Calico. Which was a deep space research vessel tasked with learning more about plasma. He then was tasked with taking care of the Supermatter engine and replacing it, should anything go awry.

After 6 years, BAY was then transferred to the NMV Caspian Sea where he worked on his first Singularity engine. He had to receive the proper training so he was classed down to a engineering intern until he learned its ins and outs. The Chief Engineer, a burly man named Bucky took a liking to BAY and mentored him. Later, BAY became best friends with him and he even witnessed the birth of his newborn son. Two years after being transfer to the NMV Caspian Sea, it was set upon by savage aliens. BAY never did come into contact with one, but Chief Engineer Bucky gave his life to save the rest of the crew members, by releasing the singularity and sacrificing himself. BAY later confronted Bucky's wife and gave the terrible news himself. After the vivid destruction of the NMV Caspian Sea, the surviving crew members were tossed aside and sent of to different stations or ships. BAY was assigned to the NSS Aurora to make a new start, but he will never forget Bucky who gave his life to save him.

What do you like about this character?I love BAY's 'can do' spirit, his enthusiasm, and the fact that he finds so much wonder in the universe.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? I'd give myself a 6 out of 10. maybe 5.5

Notes: Whew, damn. I think I teared up at the end of the backstory bit. I hunted down every last grammatical error I could find, but I'm pretty sure I missed some. Also, I'm pretty sure I missed something, question-wise. Shoot me an reply if I did. Nervous.