Mathiasx702's Head of staff whitelist application New

BYOND key:Mathiasx702

Character names:Scott Pennington

How long have you been playing on Aurora?:4 days

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: I feel i got what it takes to roleplay a head role

Why did you come to Aurora?:a friend recommended it to me

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?:yes, many times

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:

To act and speak as if you are the character you're portraying.

To speak in context

Be resonable against other roleplayers

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:

Keep the department functional and efficient.

Deal with issues and problems and solve them in an appropriate manner.

Communicate with other heads of staff to increase synergy.

always listen to everyone

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

Always communicate with your department and other departments

Always listen to staff

be nice and reasonable

earn respect from your staff

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name:Scott Pennington

Character age:30

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs):

He grew up on mars, did well in elementary school and high school. He later educated himself in the military fleet. in his service he served as military police and learned discipline and order. His ambitions grew and he soon realized that he wanted to lead. he quit the military and educated himself in law and order. he served as warden on one of the biggest orbital prisons in the galaxy.

while on the prison station he put down great riots and was commended for his efforts. the station got decommissioned and he began looking for other work, 3 months later a contract was offered to him by Nanotrasen, He was thrilled and accepted the contract soon after. He currently awaits assignment and is ready to serve.

What do you like about this character?:

He is Decisive and wants to serve

He is Carefull when getting friends

Nothing can break him

What do you dislike about this character?:

He is 100% loyal to Nanotrasen, Will do Anything to serve.

He lacks Empathy

He only likes Heads of staff

What do you think makes this character fit to be a head of staff?:

He is an experienced and robust character, He always wants to serve, and he is an expert when it comes to command structures and protocols.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:

Not perfect, but improving. i am still learning new thing, but I always try my best.

Extra notes:

I am sorry for the first application, i am not so good with bbcode and i did not see the obvious mistakes, i hope this application fits the require ments and does not waste your time.

i realy want to play on this amaizing server.

Strong recommendation to require the applicant to wait for at least a month to submit another application for Head whitelisting, preferably with evidence that they have been playing regularly during this time period.

This application is, almost, word-for-word identical to the last one that was submitted by and denied for this person last time.

Sry, but i dont realy under stand the paragraph thing. Could you please explain it to me? And how am i suppose to prove that i have been playing on the server?

More than a couple of sentences.

There's also the fact that you said you'd redo it and put a bit more effort into it, but just copypasted the whole thing.

Firstly, if you can't write clearly and with at least an approximation of grammar in a whitelist application, odds are you aren't likely to do much better when the power's out and the nuke ops are gesturing obscenely at you through the bridge window.

Secondly, the character. Thirty is quite young, especially for a head position. This applies doubly as he had a very prestigious position somewhere else; anyone capable of tying his own shoes can become warden of East Chucklefuckistan Penitentiary & Auto Repair, but a big, famous place is going to have standards.

Aurora's security team aren't quite police. They aren't quite mall-cops either; they're sort of in the middle.

Experience as an MP isn't necessarily going to carry over.

Experience as a warden could help, but only as far as being Aurora's warden, and as it says above, any clown with a pair of hands can sit behind a desk and supervise baldies.

A Head of Security doesn't just need to know how to beat people up; he needs to know when to not beat people up, and how to talk to them so that they don't need to be beaten up.

Something like a sherrif of an isolated settlement.

Being good at your job isn't enough to be a Head; you're also supposed to lead. Someone who lacks empathy and feels contempt for anyone who isn't in authority over him isn't likely to inspire loyalty and cooperation, no matter how how many grey tides he's held at bay.

The odds are that someone who wants and seeks power is also likely to want to exercise it, which, again, isn't a recipe for popularity.

• 2 weeks later...