Japak121's Head Whitelist App

BYOND key: Japak121

Character names: Jeanette Locklear, Antoinette Locklear

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: Around about 6 months.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: I have a tendency to fill voids in the station manifest, as I play a lot late at night. There are frequent times when no head of staff is available at all and this tends to slow things down. Also, there are two specific head of staff roles I have my eye on (HoP and CE to be specific, but I'm not going to touch CE untill I get atmos and/or telecoms down.)

Why did you come to Aurora?: I was looking for Heavy RP with a friendly community. I found neither and stayed for the food. (Kidding, I came for Heavy RP and stayed for that AND the community.)

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?: I have.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about: Oh boy. Roleplay is exactly what it sounds like, playing a role. For some it may be playing out a role they would never dream of doing in real life and for others it's playing out there dream role. Some play a character as they are in real life and others play a character that is completely opposite to how they really are. It all comes down to people creating a character, doing the job they choose (or are assigned), and building that characters persona. As for what roleplay is about.. I would say it's about having fun AND creating fun. As a roleplayer in SS13, you are both the player and the NPC. Not only are you creating a legend that is your character, but your also participating in the legends that others are creating for there characters. If you're John C. Blow, Nuke Op, and you bust through a window and instantly shoot someone dead, you just ended that person's legend on a pretty lame note. If you come in and yell, argue, threaten, and interact with that character first.. you are letting that person finish there legend on a note more appealing to them at the very least, thus, providing fun for both you AND them.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: OOCly, a head of staff should just KNOW more about whatever they regularly command. If you're a CE and don't know how to setup the engine, that's pretty poor. They should be the ultimate authority in there department, as well as, the ultimate educator in there department. The purpose of any leader is less about shouting orders and more about guiding those under your command. Teach them how to do what needs to be done and they will carry that knowledge on. If you simply shout an order and never explain the why, how, or what or it, chances are those under you will not only not do that thing again but will probably come to resent you after awhile.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: OOC responsibilites of whitelisted player to other players are essentially: Don't be a jerk. Be helpful. Be responsible. I cannot stress enough how much I hate it when new players ask a question in OOC and people who are whitelisted obviously ignore them and talk around them. It takes a second or two to answer them and make the game -that much better-. I regularly answer any questions I see that I know and try and get a discussion going on those questions that I do not know. I would of course just keep doing this.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name: Mitsuka Tanaka

Character age: 45

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs):

Mitsuka Tanaka, or Mits to her friends, was born on Sol to a well off family of socialites and government bureaucrats. Her father, a major shareholder in NanoTrasen, passed away when she was eleven and left her in the care of her mother who was a skilled socialite, but not very skilled as a loving and caring mother. Mitsuka had access to all of the best schools a young girl could ever need, excelling in math, finance, and business. When she was 18, she joined NanoTrasen at the bottom however, a lowly cargo technician who stood out from her peers by the obvious upper-class education and refinement she possessed. Before her inevitable promotion to Quartermaster, she was left scarred and emotionally damaged by a plasma fire in the facility where she worked. She never forgot the way all the other cargo employees left her burning on the tiles while they each attempted to save themselves. She was eventually promoted to Quartermaster a few years later.

From this point on her career was in a steady incline. Her employers quickly noticed that her department was not only efficient, but always made a steady income despite whatever issues seemed to plague her workplace at any given time. She was eventually given a secondary job as an accountant during her Master's schooling. During all this time, Mitsuka has never made any friends or particularly tried to do so. She has lived a solitary and content life working and climbing the corporate ladder. With her promotion to Head of Personnel, she has recently been transferred to the NSS Aurora, a station plagued with income discrepancies and profit loss, in the hopes that she may finally get that place to turn a profit.

What do you like about this character?: I like that she is efficient and cold. Unlike my other characters, she will be more of a challenge to play as she will rarely ever be happy outwardly, which I think I will really enjoy.

What do you dislike about this character?: On the flip side of it, I dislike that she will never really have any friends and, likely, will have a number of enemies.

What do you think makes this character fit to be a head of staff?: She is responsible, efficient, and absolutely willing to make the tough decisions with a fair mind. In the position of Head of Personnel, she may even turn the station a profit, which I am sure command will just LOVE.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: I would rate it as: Good, but could use improvement. I tend to type to quickly which I notice really mixes up people's replies, I tend to get impatient at times, and I could use work on my /me's.

Extra notes: If I should include the Head of Staff character I've already created, please let me know.

Edited by Guest

Now that you caught that I can't poke you for it. Darn it.

Still, while I would endorse this application (despite the age requirement) I'mma hold off for a bit until you get some editing done for transparency's sake

Still, while I would endorse this application (despite the age requirement) I'mma hold off for a bit until you get some editing done for transparency's sake

What is it exactly that needs to be edited? Should I write in the new character I've created for the head of staff position instead of jeanette?

What is it exactly that needs to be edited? Should I write in the new character I've created for the head of staff position instead of jeanette?

I would recommend you do so. Usually a character that gets put in for an example in the whitelist application is the character you're going to use as a head of staff, is all

Application approved!

Cg58VS6.png

Glory to Aurora!

And yes, we are hard workers. Tishina and I sit in FBI vans hacking the internet so that it's safe for all to enjoy. We may or may not have forgotten about apps in our endeavor to protect your freedoms.