Balcaam's Dionaea Application

BYOND Key:Balcaam

Character Names:James Faraday, Bay, Marcus Reade

Species you are applying to play:Dionaea

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):Forest Green.

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?:Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:Well, they seem like a good pick. They are a strange race and I'd like to get to know them better. Dionaea are also very slow in movement and in thought. When they die, they respawn as a Diona, that's pretty awesome, and if someone cuts off a non-vital organ, it becomes a Diona. Also, my friend plays a Diona and she wants to play together. Should be fun.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: First,they are very slow in speech and in the way they think, this makes them very unique. Second, they never talk in the first person, always we, us, he, almost geth-like. Lastly, they have a Gestalt mode, which I find very unique. I'm not really sure what that even does, but it looks interesting. Uh, I think the fact that they can 'replicate' is interesting when it comes to death. They are a very strange race, indeed.

Character Name:Sways-in-the-wind

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Sways-in-the-wind, or Sway as some carbon based life-forms call him, is a chemist. Sway was grown in a lab near Earth, with the rest of his brothers and sisters. Being so close to Earth he and his siblings got accustomed to humans and their way of life. Of course, they were rarely left off of the station orbiting Earth. Sway loved to explore the station and his favorite part was the chemistry lab. Sway learned to study how chemicals and reagents react with each other and at the appropriate age, he joined Nanotrasen to become a chemist.

What do you like about this character? I like his curiousity. I think I will enjoy having to take it slow for a while.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? 7/10 at the most.

Notes: Well, I hope I didn't miss anything. I hope to hear form someone soon. :D

Edited by Guest