Moltenkore's IPC Application

BYOND Key:Moltenkore

Character Names:KI 20 / Centros / Zerces Vanatis

Species you are applying to play:IPC

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?:Yes (although it's a lot to take in).

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: I've always been interested in roleplaying machines from the moment I started playing SS13. KI 20 an engineering cyborg and Centros a security cyborg are both common roles I like to play. My only pittance playing a cyborg is when I need to interact with my hands which as a cyborg you don't have access too. I've been playing quite a while now and I've had quite a few interactions with IPC around the station and I think this is the next step up from being a cyborg.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: IPC like cyborgs / robots are logical and calculating. They don't feel emotions as much as humans and their body types allow room for a lot more punishment than a human can take. They are quite efficient and deal with most situations with ease. IPC bridge the gap between technology and humanity allowing for a much more robust playing style than a cyborg / robot.

Character Name: KIX

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs KIX was originally an engineering cyborg named KI 20. After years of service KI 20's robotic life came to an end whilst it was repairing the outside of a shuttle's hull and got hit by a rather large asteroid. About 3 years after the incident KI was eventually found powered down in a frozen state wedged between two asteroids in a neighbouring belt. Having sustained a lot of damage KI's human brain was partially recovered and riskily transferred into a positronic brain in an attempt to save it's memory.

After a couple of months of computer genius KI finally emerged from it's dormant state inside the positronic brain, however when questioning began what scientists found was rather interesting. Being locked in this lifeless state somehow triggered a change inside KI's core memory; it had developed a personality and an interesting one at that. KI seemed curious about the world something it had not done before. It wanted to know more and more about the world steadily learning as it went. A few years later KI was inserted into an IPC and let out to explore the universe.

What do you like about this character? This character has quite a few relatable qualities such as its thirst for knowledge. From a young age I have always wanted to know how everything works just like this character.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? 6/10

Notes: This is my first attempt at making a decent character background, hopefully it isn't too bad.