Japak121's Server Moderator Application

Basic Information

Byond Account: Japak121

Character Name(s): Jeanette Locklear, Antoinette Locklear, Arianna Cessa

AI Name(s):

Preferred means of contact: Skype/Forum PM, Beyond PM

Timezone: GMT - 4 (U.S. EST)

When are you on Aurora?: A lot, usually towards the end of the busy hours and into the dead hours.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: About a year

How long have you played on Aurora: Coming up on 7 months

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: I know Engineering, most of Medical (except surgery), Science (except toxins) and the civilian/supply jobs like the back of my hand and I know where to look if there's something I don't. I also know general atmos/it's setup, forensics, and the obvious rules for security.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: No

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: No, never been banned anywhere

Personality

Why do you play SS13?: I play because it's a fun game and easy to play on my laptop.

Why do you play on Aurora?: I play here because I like the community and I like the Heavy RP.

What do moderators do?: They moderate the content on the server, enforce rules (via bwoinks, warnings and bans), answer rule/general questions, and help newer players.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: It means that I'll do all of the stuff the previous questioned asked, but I'd do it for this server. The mods here should ensure the in-game and OOC environment is in keeping with the policies of the server and our particular rules.

Why do you want to be a moderator?: I want to be more active in the community and support the server in the best way that I can. I enjoy playing here and I want others to as well. I also like helping people, which is something that I do often ICly, and I think being a moderator would allow me to help a wider range of players with a wider range of issues.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: I am extremely fair and level headed when it comes to the rules. I can easily hear out both sides of an issue and give unbiased rulings. I'm also enough a veteran to know the red flags of grief/gank and what to look out for. I know some basics when it comes to searching through logs for something. I have no drama at all on the server or with any of the regular players, or any sort of background whatsoever with anyone, so I would be neutral with any sort of issues that would arise. If I develop background/drama with players, I know to hand over a complaint/issue to another mod or admin.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: I have a pretty stress free life and rarely, if ever, get stressed out. I know to take a step back and breathe if something makes me angry and insults have little to no effect on me, because I know the people don't know anything about me.

Anything Else You Want to Add:

I can't overstate enough how fair I am when it comes to dealing with two or more parties. It's a fact I'm proud of and I think it's an excellent trait to have in this sort of position. I also love helping people, another excellent trait for this position. I take criticism well enough, so if this app or my performance needs work, do not hesitate to contact me and let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I believe the game mechanics should be known a lot more. Many players have different playstyles and many problems can occur. Surgery and toxins are easy to understand, some parts don't need any wiki references at all if you look how other people play. Atmos is very tricky, I'm not able to understand it fully, but I remember being able to glitch it in some servers, rendering hardsuits useless, fixed by now, so it's really easy to answer why not many know about it. In all honesty, watching people do stuff you'd want to do and referencing some stuff from wiki in mean time would be my tip.

And did you really play up to the time you're coming up to seven months? I swear I've haven't seen you back in course of that time, but w/e, I'm up to see Japak moderating, Japak has solid characters and is a chill player indeed, I doubt Japak will really get frustrated in moderating.

+1

• 2 weeks later...

You are right about watching and learning, as a trial mod and having been observing rounds I have learned quite a bit mechanics wise that I didn't know before. I know the steps to Surgery and Toxins, it's just the fact I've never really played them means I'm not very good at handling the glitches/issues that can come up with them. As for my time, I've been here since early January actually, but I was really new and on-and-off for a few months, so I suppose I've REALLY been here about 4 months? I had gone through alot of characters that were just... bad and never really socialized. It took me a while to learn everything. That's sort of my big reason for being mod, so I can help people and make them feel comfortable enough to open up and stick around.

• 3 weeks later...