Clanless Unathi

Guest Marlon Phoenix

If there are A) Any living relatives or B) the clan of their parents is known, then that hatchling would take the name of that clan.

If an egg is just up and randomly found in the desert, or no one has any idea of who it would belong to... I imagine it would have a name assigned to it. It would either create a new clan with itself being First of Its Name, with the local Lord or other relevant official assigning a name to it - I already had a situation where Roy Wyatt became unathi nobility, and the visiting hisslord promised to name a clanless hatchling after him to create a new clan of lizard Wyatts.

If there are A) Any living relatives or B) the clan of their parents is known, then that hatchling would take the name of that clan.

If an egg is just up and randomly found in the desert, or no one has any idea of who it would belong to... I imagine it would have a name assigned to it. It would either create a new clan with itself being First of Its Name, with the local Lord or other relevant official assigning a name to it - I already had a situation where Roy Wyatt became unathi nobility, and the visiting hisslord promised to name a clanless hatchling after him to create a new clan of lizard Wyatts.

You know nothing, Lizard Snow.

Also, would the Unathi have to earn that right to start a new clan? I assume being honor bound means they won't just simply get something for free.

• 4 months later...
Guest Marlon Phoenix

Sorry for the delay!

Being kicked out of your clan is spr serious. If it reaches that level, your Clan wants nothing to do with you anymore. You basically become homeless, unless your unathi can rely on the charity of others that don't mind the loss of prestige and face that come with dealing with an exile.

Starting a new clan is as simple as renouncing (or being kicked out of) your previous family and Clan, and naming your kids after you.

The difficulty is getting other people to recognize your clan. Since the Izweski Hegemony is a feudal state, you would be required to swear fealty to the local Lord or other nobility as your liege.

If you flee to the wasteland or the few pockets of dying oasis', you can get away with being totally independent, but without the protection of being a vassal you're at risk of getting raided or subjugated by force on unfavorable terms.