Donger's Dionaea Application

BYOND Key: HelicopterCock (Strongly considering changing this)

Character Names: Bryson Endsley, Billy Caputo

Species you are applying to play: Dionaea

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): N/A

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: More than once

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: After reading through the several races, thinking about changing things up, I found Dionaea to be the most interesting. It reminded me of characters and races in other science fiction universes that I was quite fond of, and the general concept of living sentient plants is very cool to me. I believe I'd have a lot of fun roleplaying as a Diona on the server. Since what is written doesn't explain a lot about them, I've developed a few different ideas for how to play and create a unique experience for myself and others. Lastly I am intrigued by them as a whole, from their names to the fact that they actually exist as multiple organisms.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: A Diona has a mission. While humans can have goals of their own, or goals of other humans they seek to fulfill, the Diona serve a purpose. Coming from a large mass of plant-life that they are made of, they are almost one shattered organism. So while they seek variety to further their goal of returning and bettering their Gestalt, they exist as individuals. But at the same time, they are physically a piece of something larger. Like smashing a magnet on a dirty floor, all the pieces come back with more than they left with and the magnet's mass increases. (I understand magnets don't exactly work like that, but that's a metaphor.) It's beautiful and nothing like Humans.

That's my favorite difference, but there are obviously more, like their physiology and "Culture".

Character Name: The Plucked Splinter Lost From an Igneous Cradle - Igneous for short

QUICK NOTE: Igneous is the primary name chosen by the character because experimentation with socializing and multiple names led them to the conclusion that choosing a more interesting and unique name than just a verb or common noun would allow for more learning and better the Gesalt.

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Surrounding a distant star, is a newly formed Gesalt. There, within the mass lay Igneous. Long before they went by that name, they were but a tiny Seed buried within the vine-like structure that made up the Gesalt. As per their agreement, humans from a nearby station came to collect the new Seeds. Igneous obtained their first memory on that day, when they would be Plucked from the mass where they lie. Taken back to the station among other of their kind, Igneous began their mission. Gathering knowledge and growing.

Many years later, Igneous had matured into the majestic humanoid Diona they are now. Filled with hunger for Comprehension and Wisdom, Igneous began studying Bio-Engineering. But early into their learning, the station Igneous was on got destroyed. Ripped apart by the very engines that powered it. Igneous was lucky to survive.

Now they work on Aurora Station, still thirsty for knowledge.

What do you like about this character? The whole concept, I'm really excited to develop this character. From the unique physiology to the intelligent and more importantly sentient mind. It's all a ton of fun waiting to happen.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? 8/10 Experienced, but not Perfect

It's always difficult to find a balance between humble and self-criticism as an Artist. Don't want to undersell yourself, but careful to avoid boasting.

Notes: I'm pretty new here, and I've already got in trouble once. I know, right? Anyway, you can check out my appeal that was denied in this link, the ban was only for three days and over something silly I shouldn't have been doing.

http://aurorastation.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3311