Senpai's IPC Application

BYOND Key: SenpaiShadow_

Character Names: Tobias O'Green, Samuel Hatherway, Saul Stainforth, John Coldsmith, Evelyn Espitt, Sham Ishtar, Kyra Hill, Jayson Price and Murphy (AI)

Species you are applying to play: IPC

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): -

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

Because Robots. They can be emotionless or emote pure happiness. Also, the new IPC update made it really interesting to play as a IPC here because of the different sets of skin/scales/fur/"tv head" they can have.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

They don't have emotions. They can either emulate those emotions or don't have any at all. Also, they are "colder" and more "ruthless" than other races. Also, it's seems like they have no problem with taking damage to their chassis so that they can help others because they don't feel pain.

Character Name: Shadow

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Shadow, a shard of Murphy. Built in 2450. Sold to a hospital where he worked as a medical doctor. Since he was a IPC he worked faster than the other human doctors, but the other doctors didn't like him since he would criticize them if they would forget something or if they would work to slow. After a year the other doctors had enough of him criticizing them. They set up a trap, which ended with the removal of Shadow from the hospital, now living on the street, without a job and a small amount of money.

Living on the street for a few months a private investor picked him up from the street and employed Shadow as a personal doctor who would take care of him and his family. Once again, working as doctor, but for a private investor. He learned from his last mistake and stopped criticizing the work of others. They private investor made a mistake which caused him to lose a massive amount of money. He sold Shadow to NT and he got transported to the NSS Canes Venatici, where he continued his work as a doctor where he worked for a few years. After he bought his freedom from NT he got employed as Doctor under one condition. That he'll be transferred to the NSS Aurora.

What do you like about this character?

His medical knowledge and of course his criticism about his work.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

7/10 or maybe 7.5/10? I am bad at judging myself.

Notes:

I am bad at making backstorys...

Hey Senpai! One thing about machines/shells/IPC's, they're not necessarily more ruthless or emotionless then their organic counterparts, it all depends on how they were programmed. Aside from that, you'll all good.

Assuming nobody has any other problems with this application, I'll approve it later tonight.