In-game AI background/profile

Lady_of_Ravens

Yep, I'm after yet another AI-related feature... 'cause, you know, that's how I roll.

In this case, though, it's an RP thing not a mechanics thing. PAIs get an IC page with details about them, IPCs/organics get three different IC background pages... it'd be nice if droids and AIs had a similar feature as well (probably accessible to command and robotics staff, as well as fellow synthetics). It could help to create RP much the same way that the normal character records do, as well as giving people tasked with handling the synthetic crew a bit more information about what to expect from any given unit.

For implementation I'd suggest replacing the box that pops up asking you to name your droid/AI with one that has room for a name as well as a block of text about the unit. An option to save the profile and have it automatically loaded next time you play as an AI/droid would be useful as well, much the same way as you can save your PAI profile.

For accessing... a synthetic crew manifest could be added to appropriate PDA modules, though a terminal on the bridge, robotics bay, and RDs office could also work.

Yep, I'm after yet another AI-related feature... 'cause, you know, that's how I roll.

In this case, though, it's an RP thing not a mechanics thing. PAIs get an IC page with details about them, IPCs/organics get three different IC background pages... it'd be nice if droids and AIs had a similar feature as well (probably accessible to command and robotics staff, as well as fellow synthetics). It could help to create RP much the same way that the normal character records do, as well as giving people tasked with handling the synthetic crew a bit more information about what to expect from any given unit.

For implementation I'd suggest replacing the box that pops up asking you to name your droid/AI with one that has room for a name as well as a block of text about the unit. An option to save the profile and have it automatically loaded next time you play as an AI/droid would be useful as well, much the same way as you can save your PAI profile.

For accessing... a synthetic crew manifest could be added to appropriate PDA modules, though a terminal on the bridge, robotics bay, and RDs office could also work.