Jboy's Skrell App

BYOND Key: Jboy2000000

Character Names: Number Eighty-Two, Poslan Kur'yer, Emily O'Harron, Ida Cox, Issek Boyd, Miracle Kifer, Jackson Sullivan, Alisa Keener, Faith Hawkins, Rozhad Alakiv, Candace Grey, Ser Knyght, Diler Zakon, and a few other characters that I haven't played since 2014.

Species you are applying to play: Calamari Skrell

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Blue-Green

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

Anyway, no ties to NT, but its big. Any kind of intergalactic conglomerate is going to be big. I was going to do something like Sierra's KATANA thing, except I made 4-5 characters and an AI, that all ultimately got deleted in my character list because of thread dis-activity.
This is thanks to this, the "4-5" comes from the fact one of the characters I planned to make was a Skrell, this Skrell, to be exact. Since Boka reminded me that the app in the lore canon app thread was still a thing, I thought Id try to get that thing back up and running again.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: The Skrell are anthropomorphic squid people with advanced technology, that say would say is akin to "Underwater Jewish Magic," if you understand the reference.Also known to be prideful of themselves, and their species, however being so in a much more calm, well-mannered way than humans and Unathi do. A large portion of their communication also comes from body language and tonal shift, however those are lost to others because they don't have squid heads, or something, the wiki wasn't very clear on that. They also apparently have some kind of emotional telepathy, but that was a code thing, and I haven't heard anything about that in a long time, so.

Character Name: Cyffredinol Pqrts

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

A Weurusian Skrell, born in a small tribe in the swamps of Jargon. He grew and lived as many of his kind did, hard working, proud, and roughly. But, maybe TOO hard working, maybe TOO roughly, and definitely, too proud. Cyffredinol (who for simplicity's sake will hence forth be referred to as "Cyffi") was a miner for his smithy for his tribe. He worked underwater caved for any ore or gems he could find, and then shape them into art, jewelry, and very rarely, tools of war. He was just as proud as the rest of his people, and he would do anything to prove it.

Thats what he thought he thought until he was actually asked to do it, though. Recently, the leader of Cyffi's tribe had tried to bare children with his wife. But it didn't go as planned. As much as they tried, she couldn't bare again. Their leader was understandably angry, not as his wife, but at the other half of Skrell. The ones who seemed to live in labs, and did this to his wife, and others, neutering their own people into near sterility. There was nothing he could do for that, but he could do something else. Show the people that Skrell aren't what they perceive them to be, the autonomous, smart alecs, and were praised for what they did. So, he wanted to show people what else Skrell can do, that Skrell could be laborers, strong, proud, and independent. So, to prove this point, they would need to branch from their swamp, touch the stars they thought they'd never see, so they could proof just that point. Cyffi was only one of a hand full to leave, and he was picked to go be a miner again, this time for a company called "Nanotrasen."

What do you like about this character? I don't like to follow the norms and tropes that come with various species, thus why I made lizaRD and my preistly Unathi. This is something that I like about this guy. Its different from every single other Skrell who is the captain, or somewhere in science or medical. Plus, the name has origins that make me giggle my figgle.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? 8-9/10

Notes: