Lord Lag's Vaurca Application

BYOND Key: Lord Lag

Character Names: Alexander Sheppard, F.A.T.H.E.R

Species you are applying to play: Vaurca

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Black

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Extensivly.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: I...am not entirely sure why I actually wanted to play the Vaurca. I remember being so determined to be able to see it, that when someone said "why don't you code it", I actually went and tried to do so. Weither or not my contributions are the final product used, I think the bottom line is that I simple, want to. I enjoy the thought of engineering bugs, scattering across maintenance halls, fixing things and the like.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Theres a significant difference between a Humans and a Vaurca. Focusing on RP aspects, I could state their basic aspects, such as their significant dislike for light, But I think it would be more interesting to go into deeper depths of their society, mentioning how they operate in a caste system, but also how they are all basically locked away, by their own choice, into a virtual world, as their "real life" situation is rather...depressing, with people locked away into certain jobs, and so on and so forth.

Character Name: Ka'Akaix'Axret Zo'ra

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Unbound, but not by choice, Ka'Akaix'Axret despises the real world, cast into it by the cruel, sadistic hand of a random number generator. Yet they are, like all Vaurca, not one to defect in the face of a terrible situation and as such they serve, albeit with a significant amount of complaining and internally screaming the desire to return to the Virtual paradise. At the behest of the Zo'ra, they have been sent to the NSS Aurora to lend their abilities in the field of engineering, and be one of the many Vaurca now interacting on a professional level with Zo'ras allies.

Never outwardly raising issue, regardless of how much they hate the position that they have been put in, yet burning in envy inside at the bound Vaurca, they try to perform their duties as well as they can believing that it will somehow speed up the process before he can finally be reunited with paradise.

What do you like about this character? Its a character that Ive been interested in playing for a significant amount of time, and I feel like its also a good opportunity to play as an engineer, rather than just staring from the ceiling as the AI at the engine.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? 11/10 flawless

Notes:

• 2 weeks later...