Tenenza's First Bug App

BYOND Key: tenenza

Character Names: Ahem. Here we go: Sabrina Song, Yusif Asher, Alexis Shaw, A Window of Past Reverance, A Window of Dire Reversal, The Apotheosis of Chance, Gordon Ellis, A Dream Hidden Away, Aira LI, MCXXXVIII, Nina Arouet, Tracing The Sky, Lobsang, Lobsang Gold, Robbie, Yang, Trajan, Astrid, Muse, Dimethylaminoethyl and Xiaoqing

Species you are applying to play: Vaurca (Type A Bound)

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Floortile Grey

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

I dunno. Maybe because Bug Puns? Maybe because I've been waiting a year for this? Maybe it's because they're a cool species that is still actually legitimately alien to people, command an air of mystery and intrigue, and lots of room for development and new character concepts.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

You are Bound. Your will is not your own. You serve a purpose, and that purpose fills you, consumes you, and animates you. You live and die for this purpose, and your hive. You're a tool, fit for one purpose alone. You're frankly not that great at everything else, up to and including 'talking, self-preservation, and fashion sense.'

Character Name: Ka-Vias-Verjk Vess'ex

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Darkness.

The Cold.

The void within.

Mirrors in the dark.

The fire.

Voices.

Pain.

Sense.

Orders.

The fire.

Only Lights.

Purpose.

The path.

Earth.

What do you like about this character?

No references to self. No verbs. They are. They act. They are a hollow, filled with purpose. They seek that of earth. Not for curiosity. They seek because there is nothing else.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? Ten/Tenenza. That's a 6 for those who can't do math.

Notes: I was there for the covert events for the Vaurca (I was the RD, in fact). Are those still canon?

It's great to see you applying for Vaurca, I haven't worked with your characters before, and your backstory for your character is abit..confusing to say the least, not a whole lot of detail for me to go on what they do exactly, think you can flesh it out a teensy bit? Also some feedback from others will ofcourse be needed :)

It's great to see you applying for Vaurca, I haven't worked with your characters before, and your backstory for your character is abit..confusing to say the least, not a whole lot of detail for me to go on what they do exactly, think you can flesh it out a teensy bit? Also some feedback from others will ofcourse be needed :)

Confusion is the natural response to everything I write, but in this case, perhaps it's more unintentional then usual.

As for what they do, they are a basic seeker for hive Vess'Ex. They're purpose to merely to be around humans, to gather sensory experiences for their humanity adoring higher castes.

[

Darkness.

The Cold.

The void within.

Mirrors in the dark.

The fire.

Voices.

Pain.

Sense.

Orders.

The fire.

Only Lights.

Purpose.

The path.

Earth.

I like this back story. Though it isn't long and contrived, and very simple, this is what a drone would be.

But i've RP'd with you before, and I think you could play this really well. +1!

Denied. Accept only on Third Bug App.

Jokes aside, I remember many of those Dionea names in the list, and the characters. Which is saying much. Ten is a great RPer and alien species player.