Icuris' IPC Whitelist Application

BYOND Key: Icuris

Character Names: Clement Beach [& and varying one offs that I play when slots are full]

Species you are applying to play: IPC

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Dull Metal Grey

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

My desire to play as an IPC; like most, is my simple interest in their lore, behaviours and in game functions. From a lore perspective the IPC's have a very flexible background given the nature of their existence in our world. Some are military modules capable of taking on espionage missions, relying on their synthetic intuition to complete objectives. Others might be considered only slightly above the function of a high end borg, serving basic function in areas too dangerous for none machines to work. Following that I enjoy to see that in game many of the IPC's have a diverse behaviour and RP but are also able to stay within the guidelines of the IPC lore.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

I believe the ideal difference between IPCs and humans on an RP level is the mutual understanding that IPCs; no matter their personnel standing, they are forced to acknowledge the fact they are lesser then humans. They earn less, have less rights then any species and when they were first introduced we had this huge discussion of what charge should occur when one attacks an IPC. Assault or Vandalism, as assault is pressed when a person is attacked. From what we see in game it is fair to say that some simply do not see an IPC as a person, regardless of how developed their AI is.

As a result of this I see IPCs role on the server as to build their RP around the lore of mistrust and mistreatment of their kind and continue to see it done in many different ways.

Character Name: Servo

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

The Biesel produced "Servo" IPC is a mass produced line model that became outdated as it left production. Its initial design was to be a freethinking and intuitive presence in the service industry able to complete complex tasks above the programming of a cyborg: all on a bargain. As such the memory storage unit was only given enough space to specialize in a small amount of related tasks and required maintenance to change the units capability. This greatly limited its ability to be upgraded and as such was phased out of production soon after its manufacture and financial loss.

The Servo unit aboard the Aurora would be an abandoned model simply working to prevent itself from being turned into a Space Cola can. As a result it takes its financials very seriously, especially considering the reduced pay it would receive. Beyond that, its basic function is to serve and as a result it would gain great enjoyment and fulfillment from being able to complete its tasks and pleasing the crew.

What do you like about this character? I like the idea of using what's considered lore wise an outdated piece of technology on the station. Servo's limited programming capacity, I feel could make for some interesting moments in game.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? 7/10

I've never been screamed at for doing a bad?

Notes: If I am incorrect on any of my writing please feel free to say so. I wish to adhere to the lore as much as possible.

+1, from what I can remember, Clement Beach has been a very good roleplayed character. I feel that they will be fine with an IPC whitelist. I saw them discussing the application in OOC and I feel that their knowledge of the IPCs are well enough for the whitelist.

I've had good experince and memmories with Clement, rather than other players that play the HoS position, he can control his temper and is allways above the situation. He doesn't spring into crazy shit, and seems to have control of his emotions. I have no doubt you will excell in playing as an IPC. nevertheless. good luck

Icuris is more than competent. His primary character is one of the security members that you see on the manifest and think "oh, thank god."

OOCly, he's a pleasant individual. No toxins warning here.

I love the idea behind your Servo and look forward to seeing him around the station. This post may be relatively bare-bones, but that's because there's simply not much more to say. Good player, good RP, good design.

Enjoy your foray into the world of metallic service and be sure to send a us post-card from self-aware avenue.

+1.

My ego has just leveled up to an unbearable amount.

Seriously though, it's great to hear that I'm leaving a positive impression in security and on the server.

On a side note, I don't think I've ever actually played as a borg on our server and if I had then it escapes my memory.