Glamour's Head Whitelist Application

BYOND key: GlamourChariot

Character names: Alysa Mills

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: Almost a week

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: Due to the lack of heads and even more sparse competent heads, the station often lacks proper leadership and support. As someone who has (apparently) a very capable grasp of RP, I would like to assist with this issue.

Why did you come to Aurora?: I was in a search for a server that could quench my thirst for RP. The simplest explanation is that the admins are active and helpful, the RP quality is better and more suited to my personal tastes, and in general the atmosphere is one that I can both appreciate and respect.

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?: I've read nearly the entire wiki, so yes.

Please provide well articulated and argumented answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:

Roleplay is the assuming of the role of a character in a story. The story is woven by several people representing a plethora of characters, who's interactions form interesting scenarios outside of the stringent lines of a standard story. Being reactive rather than preplanned, the characters interact in a less scripted and more reactive manner, causing some of the most entertaining and fulfilling interactive storytelling available. In short, Roleplay provides a way for a handful of people to represent the characters within a story, allowing it to unfold in a natural and usually entertaining way.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:

The OOC purpose of the heads is, in Layman's Terms, provide a guiding hand in the sometimes chaotic world of the station. A lot of the crew runs around like headless chickens the very moment things go to shit, and they don't always know how to react or what to prioritize. The head of staff is the calm puppeteer, guiding those within their division to do whatever needs to be done and acting as a figure of leadership when they need it most.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

I believe those within the whitelist should be an example of how you should strive to be within the server. They should display capable and confident roleplay, with the utmost respect towards their peers and the admins. Whitelisted players should be leaders, matching their ability to be head roles with capability to assist others and consistently prove themselves as a good example for the server.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name: Alysa Mills

Character age: 28

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs):

Alysa was a rich child that severely underachieved the standards set by her parents. Developing depression and ASPD, she turned to ways of existential nihilism and a solid hatred of humanity. Deciding that the only way she could find a reason to continue living was through pursuit of achievement, she set her sights on NanoTrason as a potential method of reaching higher places.

She moved away from her demanding parents, taking a fair chunk of their wealth with her. After completing her studies she was picked up by NanoTrasen as a station engineer aboard an old, small station called the NSS Magis. Following the creation of the NSS Aurora, the station was deemed expendable and used to test a potentially catastrophic experimental Supermatter engine. The engine exploded, as expected, causing Alysa to be moved to the NSS Aurora for further work for NanoTrasen.

What do you like about this character?:

She's snarky, manipulative and (hopefully) entertaining to be around. She uses extremely casual language and liberally swears, despite being extremely intelligent and capable of articulate speech. Overall she's a fun character to play and be around, given that she tries to form relationships to further her own goals while pursuing further knowledge to purge the ignorance she despises so greatly.

What do you dislike about this character?:

The fact that she hates people and only pretends to get close to them is something that, in the long run, means she'll have a LOT of trouble forming any kind of meaningful relationship. I'd enjoy someone getting close enough to her for her to open up, but it's incredibly unlikely and as a personal favourite of mine this is pretty saddening.

Do you think this character is fit to be a Head of Staff? (Please note that Head characters must be over 30, unless given special clearance):

Yes and no.

Why?:

Given that she is 2 years too young, no. She is, however, well educated, very capable of all areas of engineering (assuming the head position to be Chief Engineer), and extremely logical in even the most dire of situations. Given that CE is one of the lower stress head positions, I feel she'd be well adjusted to become one. Especially given the current (rather low) standard of CE staff. Her psychology degree also allows her good management of people, being easily able to figure out how they tick.

Please provide well articulated and argumented answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:

I'm a major advocate for chair RP, able to get carried away with description and character development.

However, I believe it's more a question of CAN you RP. You either can RP, or you can't. It's personal preference whether your particular style of RP is "good" or not, when the answer is that you can RP. I can RP, but I'd rather rely on testimonials of those who have witnessed it than try to self promote.

Extra notes:

Just throwin' this out there for the people that seem to think I'd be alright.

Edited by Guest
Just as a note, the 30 years thing isn't set in stone. 28 is fine for a head.

Not exactly. The 30 years thing is on a case-by-case basis, and provided there's reasonable justification for it.

Which. In this situation, I think there is.

28yo Captain would still never fly, though.

+Juan

Reason: The applicant displays a clear knowledge of what both the IC and OOC duties of a whitelisted character and why a whitelist even exists in the first place. Furthermore, the applicant understands what the duties of a Head of Staff is ingame.

Also, the character is very believable and I can't wait to see how she manipulates people as a head of staff. We're severely lacking in manipulative and power-hungry characters. Lastly, after observation and personal interaction with the applicant's character ingame, I can definitely say the applicant can RP very well and gets very descriptive in their emotes.

I can't wait to see this character again, hopefully, as a Head of Staff.

So, yeah. +1.

+1!

I've seen that he's good with RP, and while the backstory could be a smidge more worked on I like the character.

Like I said, it asked for a two paragraph version so that's what I gave >>

Full version here for if you're interested!

Unless you do mean the full version, in which case I'd be happy to listen to ideas or criticisms.

Thanks for the + :v

I'd honestly like to see more people support Glamour's application for these reasons;

- Their role play is by far some of the greatest I've seen in this community. They're more than capable of creating generic persona's with interesting traits and qualities to spice up their characters. I've observed them over the relatively short time they've spent in this community and all I can say is, I'm impressed by their role play quality.

- They have a deep understanding of OOC obligations from what I have seen by observing them. They understand what their role is and what their limits are. I've also had multiple opportunity's to speak with them over a variety of subjects; two of which I find important. Law and SoP. I can safely say, they have a sufficient degree of understanding to play a Head of Staff accordingly. I feel as if they would contribute a lot to this community if given the chance to do so.