Jkol591's heads of staff whitelist application

BYOND key:

jkol591

Character names:

Viktor Komministov, random character

How long have you been playing on Aurora?:

almost a month

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:

there are often times a lack of heads on the station and that can make working in that department more difficult.

Why did you come to Aurora?:

the people i have met here actually engage in the RPing and respect the concepts and are very good at it, and the community feel results in a better shift for everyone.

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?:

yes

Please provide well articulated and argumented answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:

Roleplay isn't just pretending to be something you are not. you immerse yourself in this culture and this character's personalities and many different facets of who they are. you embrace their faults and do as they would do to other, essentially creating an environment of people one with other people.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:

they are the ones that help someone out in the ooc chat when they do not know something and they are patient and considerate.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

whitelisted players are almost like the peer counselors. they help the other people, give them advice, things like that. i would uphold them by making sure they always have someone to talk to and are comfortable doing so, help them do their jobs correctly while not forcing them, and helping them be flexible.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name:Viktor Komministov

Character age:45

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs)

Viktor is a hardworking surgeon and who is devoted to his job and loves doing it. he is always calm during panic situations and doesn't get angered easily. however, he likes things to go his way and can get upset if things do not work out for him. he respects nanotrasen law and is a strong enforcer of official regulations in the workplace. he has had experience in every medical field and hopes to be promoted for his efforts.

Viktor is generally a nice, helpful, and understanding guy, but if there is someone who he dislikes, generally people with smarmy attitudes, he closes up to them. he generally will not want to interact and may not help them, which is one of his flaws. However, he is normally responsible and loves to help people.

What do you like about this character?:

I like that he is responsible regarding nanotrasen policies and he loves to do his job, which makes him a better worker.

What do you dislike about this character?:

he is biased against people he doesn't agree with and may occasionally choose not to help them in extreme cases.

Do you think this character is fit to be a Head of Staff? (Please note that Head characters must be over 30, unless given special clearance):

yes

Why?:

he has worked and has experience in every job for the departments he wants to be a head of staff of, i.e. medical, engineering, and HoP, and is generally a responsible person.

Please provide well articulated and argumented answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:

on a scale of 1 to ten, ten being the best, i would give myself an eight because i am pretty ok at it but i am definitely not a master and sometimes it gets hard for me to understand complex situations, especially when i arrive in the middle of a crazy round.

Extra notes:

A few highlights I'd like to see addressed.

they are the ones that help someone out in the ooc chat when they do not know something and they are patient and considerate.

This question does not refer to the OOC chat, but to the general out-of-character purpose of heads of staff. Like, we know they're appointed to direct and lead departments, in-universe, but I would like to hear exactly how you're planning to do that as a player, and what is your projected outlook and attitude.

You have the psychological background to your character, but I'd actually like to see a historical background as well. Education and employment credentials, and the such. For example, you say that your character has enough experience to be both a CE and CMO - considering both require their own college degree and roughly a decade of experience each, you wouldn't ever see a character being able to fill both roles, within reason. I'd suggest you decide to specialize your character's backstory entirely around a single field, and pick entirely different characters to play other head roles.

he is biased against people he doesn't agree with and may occasionally choose not to help them in extreme cases.

Could you retell the story of such an event happening during a round, for the sake of example?

Heads of staff are more responsible people on the station, so they should set good examples through being helpful and responsible and displaying it for new players to see. they also help the new players with basic knowledge like surgery. they would show the new player how to properly conduct it and not just repeatedly stab the patient, to avoid in character embarassment.

Viktor Dmitri Komministov was born in the inner colonies of Tau Ceti. he was tested with a genius IQ at the age of 17 and entered college a year early. he received multiple medical degrees and was hired by a Nanotransen recruiter at his college. He has worked for several different stations as a surgeon, but most stations had small populations so he had a lot of spare time. He learned all the other aspects of the medical field through these five years and applied to be transferred to the NSS Aurora because of its large population. He has knowledge in nearly every medical field and an expert in many, and has been faithfully working as a Nanotransen surgeon for 20 years. He hopes his vast knowledge of the medical field will get him promoted.

Viktor is a hardworking surgeon and who is devoted to his job and loves doing it. he is always calm during panic situations and doesn't get angered easily. however, he likes things to go his way and can get upset if things do not work out for him. he respects nanotrasen law and is a strong enforcer of official regulations in the workplace. he has had experience in every medical field and hopes to be promoted for his efforts.

Viktor is generally a nice, helpful, and understanding guy, but if there is someone who he dislikes, generally people with smarmy attitudes, he closes up to them. he generally will not want to interact and may not help them, which is one of his flaws. However, he is normally responsible and loves to help people.

he is biased against people he doesn't agree with and may occasionally choose not to help them in extreme cases. For instance, when he worked on New Eden Station, there was a man named zangard howitzer who he disagreed with and the two often had fights over Nanotransen regulations. When Zangard needed desperate surgery after a freak research accident, Viktor pretended he was asleep and let Zangard die. This was about ten years ago, and Viktor seems to have outgrown this childish behavior, but not completely.

• 2 weeks later...

Application accepted after review.

A word of advice, however: NanoTrasen (and the mods here) do not take kindly to neglect of duty from heads of staff. While we get all sorts of colorful characters in power, gross failures at accomplishing your job (such as letting an individual in need of medical aid die from neglect) will result in your character getting in trouble, and most likely demoted. So I'd advise trying to keep the cleanest track record possible, if you want to do a good job as a CMO.

Have fun!