[Denied] Westhybrid's Head of Staff Application

BYOND key: WestHybrid

Character names: Soren Harlock, Darius Ico

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: I visit occasionally, and have started to join rounds more frequently.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: I'm very comfortable within Head roles. I enjoy playing them and I've considered myself well-versed in most of them, namely CMO and HoS. Head roles are privilege, and I try to play them to the best of my ability.

Why did you come to Aurora?: Because most of the servers listed run on a basis of asshattery, and Para isn't what it used to be. You guys seem to run a tight ship.

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about: I think roleplay is, as the name implies, playing a role. To elaborate, I think roleplaying is where you're allowed to take on a role and stick to your character, creating a story and plot alongside others. Arguably the most important thing roleplaying should be about is the interaction with the players, sticking to your character and developing an interesting storyline. Even more so for a server grounded in realism and heavy RP.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: Low-key, keeping the plot going. The more common answer is to lead, and to keep your department running smoothly. Out of character, I suppose the purpose is to keep things from devolving into chaos. Giving other players some level of purpose in interactions.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: I think the responsibility is just to play the role correctly. I mentioned before that head roles are a privilege, and it shouldn't be taken for granted. Because of that, I'd say to uphold it would be to simply hold yourself to a higher standard. The rules of the server apply to those roles more than ever.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name: Soren Harlock

Character age: 33

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs): Harlock is a Martian, originally growing up in the slums. Living at the bottom of his Hive, Harlock grew up in Tiānkōng tǎ, the former Chinese colony. Often finding himself and his family dealing with local crime, Harlock was very driven to get away from Mars, potentially out of the system. At age 22, he enlisted with the Martian military, for the Sol Alliance, hoping to get into the Nimitz Academy to become an officer. Instead, he was sent to the Poles, and for the next year, endured harsh physical training. While many washed out, Harlock managed to remain strong and complete his training, becoming very versatile in combat situations. His request was later accepted to attend Nimitz, and while he was not given permission to become an officer, he was brought up as a field medic, studying under surgeons at the Academy, and would continue to do so for the next few years.

At age 30, Harlock resigned himself from the military on Mars, and traveled out of the system, looking to find a cushier, corporate job in his field of work. With his credentials, he hoped to land a high position in security or on a medical team, both areas of which he was proficient in. To sum him up, Harlock is a very focused and driven individual. What he originally lacked in formal training, he made up for in experience and common sense. Now that he has the combat and medical experience he needed, he can prove to be more than just an efficient part of a team.

What do you like about this character?:

Harlock is very conversational, pragmatic and practical. He knows how to keep a level-head under pressure.

What do you dislike about this character?:

Strains himself to be reliable. Sometimes is unable to see the bigger picture when focused on what is in front of him.

What do you think makes this character fit to be a head of staff?:

I think Harlock has the potential to be a very strong leader on the station. He's proven his capability to be efficient in combat, and keep a level head in terms of making decisions. His medical expertise is proficient, and I think he could prove to be a strong Chief Medical Officer, or Head of Security. He's very adamant about getting what needs to be done, done.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: I'd say I'm very well versed in roleplaying. 8/10, if you wanted to put a number on it. I've only ever played on medium and heavy roleplay servers for Space Station, and I've been roleplaying on a number of forums and games for the last eight years.

Extra notes: I'm a Game Admin on the Colonial Marines server, if it matters at all for credentials. Not a part of the common greytide, been around the block, very aware of the risks and responsibilities that come with playing a head role.

• 1 month later...