XanderDox's Tajaran Whitelist App

Guest XanderDox

BYOND Key: XanderDox

Character Names: Emma Godswood, Mortimer Lore, Carter Mason, Lyra Godswood, Crimson Auror

How long have you been playing on Aurora: Hmm... For about 4-5 months now I think.

Species you are applying to play: Tajaran

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Diona exempt): Whiteish, typical of the M'sai ethnicity

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yup!

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: I wish to play Tajara, because I feel as if it's a race that can cause a lot of Roleplay, and it has a strong presence on the station already, and I feel as if human characters can't socialize as well with the Tajara, and I'd really like to have the chance to get to know and RP with the Tajara crew.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Tajarans are somewhat feline, however the similarities are superficial. They roll their R's when they speak, making it sounds as if they are growling or purring as they talk. I also feel that they are a group orientated species, you will always find them speaking to a fellow Tajaran. (Or playing a nice game of throw them on the bar table and force-feed them >_> )

Why does this species in particular hold your interest? This species holds my interest because of what makes them different in roleplaying, I've grown tired of human and Skrell, and Tajara have always been and interest of mine, because I love cats :3

Character Name: Maize Sinnoh

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Maize was born on Adhomai in 2429, to a poor family that was barely scraping by as it was, they survived off selling fur pelts from the various fauna they hunted on the planets surface, but as Maize aged, it became consistently harder to afford him. In 2446, Maize's parents met a group of private mercenaries, who offered security services to people transporting goods off Adhomai, seeing a chance for a better life for their kid, Maize's parents asked the group if they would be willing to take their son in as an apprentice, they agreed on the condition the condition that Maize had to work unpayed, but promised he would be provided for.

Maize found his new life fun, although he mostly fetched snacks for the others, it was much better than what he used to do. Four years later, in 2450, the Mercs had been hired to protect a small cargo vessel on its way from Adhomai to Biesel. Maize, had now risen up through the ranks in the group, and was allowed to finally go on an off-world contract. It was only when the shuttle was landing on Biesel, that Maize had found out they were contracting with a third-party dealing with NanoTrasen, when he saw the big NT Corp logo on the side of a Ripley Exosuit that was unloading the cargo. He inquired to the shuttle pilot what NT was, and what he was told fascinated him, the idea of a multi-system corporation, with its own private security force overjoyed him, the first question he asked of course, was "Wherrrrre does he sign up?" the pilot pointed in the direction of a Security Skills Academy in Mendell City. He had to check it out. So when the shuttle was preparing to take him and the others back to Adhomai, he jumped out just as the airlock was sealing, narrowly missing the grasp of his superiors claws.

Then, he did what he had always wanted, he did something of his own choosing. He arrived at the Academy rather confused, but the local Academy Tajaran Assistant was able to direct him to registration, and, after years of training, and learning, he finally left the academy in 2455 , and headed for the NT Registration and Application Center, and applied for the position of Security Officer, happily handing over his resume with his new credentials.

In 2456, his application was accepted, and after some further training in NT procedures, he was positioned on the NSS Aurora as a Cadet, pending promotion after some field experience was achieved.

What do you like about this character?

I like that this character has a history in combat, so he knows how to defend himself in a fight, and this is only boosted by his M'sai background, which naturally gives him a combat-driven predisposition. I also like that he went from being a starving peasent, to a hostage-Mercenary, and finally found his lease on life which has led to his employment and relocation to a better home.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

I wouldn't say it's excellent, although I think my current level of RP is suitable to properly roleplay this species to the necesarry degree of a whitelisted player.

Notes: Meow :3

Edited by Guest
The whole deal with the NT rep seems kind of snowflakey. I can't approve it in good conscience with something like that;

I was just looking for a way to introduce him to NT from a poor background, without actually going and applying. I'll rewrite it.