[ACCEPTED] IPC Whitelist Application

BYOND Key: Cokroach

Character Names: Ty Steele

Species you are applying to play: IPC

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Exempt

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: I have, that's why I'm applying for it, I love the concept.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: I wish to play an IPC because in general I like playing mechanical characters, and as such I love to roleplay as one too. I find having to roleplay with human emotions gets pretty annoying for me, and I like to roleplay from a more logical standpoint instead. The reason I'm really liking the concept of playing an IPC is because they adapt to their situation instead of having deep set cultural values that stand in the way of making any progress (i.e. being biased against Skrell).

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: IPCs are different from humans in that they have little to no cultural values to begin with, no prejudices against other races. Physically, they are able to handle atmospheric hazard, such as toxins, but are not able to handle the vacuum of space (Which I prefer actually, I'd like to stay inside of the station). IPCs are also more factual and logical in their decision making processes

Character Name: S.T.E.E.L.E.

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs:

Created on Sol II, S.T.E.E.L.E. was built in a large batch of IPCs to help assist at local spaceports as a guide for lost travelers. Soon the port was decommissioned, and Nanotransen, S.T.E.E.L.E.'s manufacturers soon realized they had a large quantity of IPCs that were no longer in use. Rather than just trash all of them, Nanotransen decided to send S.T.E.E.L.E. to one of their stations, seeing as how this unit performed his tasks slightly better than the others in his batch.

It took S.T.E.E.L.E. a while to actually reach the station, and once he was on the station, he tended to keep to himself and do his menial jobs as a janitor, or the chef's assistant. Once he became more acclimated to the station, S.T.E.E.L.E. began to reach out to the other crew members in their languages rather than his usual system of beeps and pings and buzzes. Now, S.T.E.E.L.E. has become more used to socializing with other crew members, and found an odd interest in the interaction with these carbon beings. S.T.E.E.L.E. can usually be seen wandering the station as a service bot, and is especially friendly towards others, shunning the use of violence when it does not need to be applied. S.T.E.E.L.E. dislikes being near the security wing due to the presence of potential violence and danger to him.

What do you like about this character?: I like the way that IPCs speak, and their use of logic rather than emotion and bias. I also like the concept of being mechanical rather than biological, and I love working service jobs on the station because I love interacting with other players.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? I'd give my roleplaying ability perhaps a 9/10 due to how fast I can type, and how quickly I can think on my feet. I can also use appropriate grammar, which I recognize as important for IPC characters

Notes:

• 2 weeks later...

So, there's a few problems here and there throughout the app, which I'd like to address before I consider this for pass or fail. You seem to have some genuine interest in IPC's, and I love to see that no matter what, but here goes.

1: Created on Sol II? Venus? Though it has people living there, it's most certainly not a place you'd expect many IPC's to be built on, much less in large numbers. Might wanna have a little reconsider on the matter: https://aurorastation.org/wiki/index.php?title=Venus https://aurorastation.org/wiki/index.php?title=Sol

2: Whilst I don't doubt you know the lore to a decent extent, and it may be a mistake, what type of IPC is Steele? Baseline, Shell, Industrial? A large batch I would assume Baseline for this, inkeeping with the rest of the interests here.

2.1: Why S.T.E.E.L.E as a name? Nothing wrong with it, just curious. Normally batch IPC's are numbered, and names are given later on when put into private work, which is not the case here.

3: Which port did Steele work at? It'd have to be a pretty shitty one to be decommisioned, and then why did NT go and get involved here instead? Did they own the port? Are they Steele's manufacturers? I think that's implied, though your grammar leaves a bit to the imagination. If that's the case, NT's not too big on sending IPC's off for easy labour like what you say, though that's a fairly minor point. Some clarification on the subject would be appreciated.

4: Personality, and emotion. Important things, and a serious considering all IPC players must make. Should there be personality and emotion, or no? What I see here is a baseline IPC made for simple interactions, so at most I'd expect a simple, greeting friendly personality and not much else. Not much in the way of emotion or preference, as you display here. Some advancement on the personality could easily be made, if you can find some reason for that to happen.

5: Why does Steele dislike security? It should know they provide protection, so why value their violent nature over their protective one, for surely the benefits overcome the harm. Perhaps something to think about.

A final note, for if this passes or if it doesn't. There will be some changes being made to IPC's tomorrow or Saturday, some that might concern you, and some that might. Either way, something to be aware of.

So, there's a few problems here and there throughout the app, which I'd like to address before I consider this for pass or fail. You seem to have some genuine interest in IPC's, and I love to see that no matter what, but here goes.

1: Created on Sol II? Venus? Though it has people living there, it's most certainly not a place you'd expect many IPC's to be built on, much less in large numbers. Might wanna have a little reconsider on the matter: https://aurorastation.org/wiki/index.php?title=Venus https://aurorastation.org/wiki/index.php?title=Sol

2: Whilst I don't doubt you know the lore to a decent extent, and it may be a mistake, what type of IPC is Steele? Baseline, Shell, Industrial? A large batch I would assume Baseline for this, inkeeping with the rest of the interests here.

2.1: Why S.T.E.E.L.E as a name? Nothing wrong with it, just curious. Normally batch IPC's are numbered, and names are given later on when put into private work, which is not the case here.

3: Which port did Steele work at? It'd have to be a pretty shitty one to be decommisioned, and then why did NT go and get involved here instead? Did they own the port? Are they Steele's manufacturers? I think that's implied, though your grammar leaves a bit to the imagination. If that's the case, NT's not too big on sending IPC's off for easy labour like what you say, though that's a fairly minor point. Some clarification on the subject would be appreciated.

4: Personality, and emotion. Important things, and a serious considering all IPC players must make. Should there be personality and emotion, or no? What I see here is a baseline IPC made for simple interactions, so at most I'd expect a simple, greeting friendly personality and not much else. Not much in the way of emotion or preference, as you display here. Some advancement on the personality could easily be made, if you can find some reason for that to happen.

5: Why does Steele dislike security? It should know they provide protection, so why value their violent nature over their protective one, for surely the benefits overcome the harm. Perhaps something to think about.

A final note, for if this passes or if it doesn't. There will be some changes being made to IPC's tomorrow or Saturday, some that might concern you, and some that might. Either way, something to be aware of.

First of all thanks for addressing my application :) I've been getting bored of playing a human on the station and I think providing myself with a new character as an IPC would really bring back that fresh experience to the game for me.

1. I wasn't really too sure about where IPCs were created and I knew that I wanted to pick a planet on Sol but I didn't want to do Sol I simply because I wanted to read up on the planets and I liked Venus's architecture type style on being on balloons in the sky.

2. I realize I forgot to include it, but I meant for S.T.E.E.L.E. to be a baseline unit, I'd be doing service jobs such as Chef or Janitor, or Psychiatrist, and I was going to check to see if they could be quartermasters but I wasn't sure.

2.1 I chose S.T.E.E.L.E. as the name because my human's name is Ty Steele, and I liked the vibe of the name a lot and I use Ty Steele as my baseline name for everything, and I figured S.T.E.E.L.E. was a nice unique name to have that people would easily recognize across the station.

3. I'm not sure of the specifics of ports, but I could easily change my lore around that if I knew where to look, But I'm not sure where to find the specific names of spaceports, or if you'd like I could maybe create my own that ended up failing as a business. Also, I included Nanotransen because they were the ones I was most familiar with, I wrote the application thinking that NT created S.T.E.E.L.E., I must've left it out, my bad. I wasn't aware that NC isn't a fan of putting IPCs on stations as service level crew, I could change that as well.

4. I was intending S.T.E.E.L.E. to be a relatively friendly but calculating type of IPC, capable of conversation and analysis just fine, but reserved. It's difficult to begin a conversation with S.T.E.E.L.E. but once you do I figured he'd be friendly and calm.

5. As I was writing my original application, I guess I thought out more than I actually wrote, and I had in my head that S.T.E.E.L.E. was mistreated by the spaceport security on Sol II, and those experiences have stuck with him.

Again, thank you for reviewing my application very much, hope these answers satisfy you :)

Yeah, I feel you on forgetting to write down all your thoughts. There'd likely be spaceports all across the place, of varying sizes. my best bet for you is to say that a small Martian or Biesellite spaceport; likely in a vaguely named place, feel free to PM me if you want some more pointers; and Steele was hired by the port owners from NT at a decent price. But overall, this seems fine. You show some clear determination, so I'm gonna pop your whitelist through just now. Do remember though, these are given on an easy to get, easy to lose basis, keep things good and you'll do well.