[Accepted] LR's Skrell Whitelist Application.

BYOND Key: LordRaven001

Character Names:

Uelak Eul

Station Control Unit (AI)

Zohjar Rasateir

Microscope

Sap Hardens Bark Forms

Species you are applying to play: Skrell

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Blueish Cyan

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

I want to play this specific race because I enjoy its lore and how the play style pans out. I originally had a Skrellian white list but due a mistake that I won't repeat it was revoked from me. The Skrellian race is a unique one it has little mechanic value and extreme lore and playstyle value, I personally love the play style of a scientist/medical official straying away from Combat Roles and the Skrellians focus and dedicate all their time to science or medical advancements, That is just really appealing to me. They also live a long lifespan which makes teaching easier then most as you can recall more knowledge and help more people. I also want to play this specific race because I find the Glorsh Rebellion to be one of the most unique things in all of Aurora's lore with it having wide spanning consequences and directly effects the daily life of each skrell on the station. It is also one of the more notable events in Aurora's lore having almost all races know about the Skrell's distaste for Artificial Intelligence due to them creating one they could not control.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

Seeing as how this race has little mechanical difference then humans, the main factor in what makes this species different than humans is the lore.. The lore is a one hundred and eighty degree turn from Human lore in my opinion. With there being notable differences such as the Skrell's asexuality and habit of only doing things that are needed, attempting to make as little to no mistakes as possible. Compared to the Humans way of acting on impulses and making many mistakes over long periods of time. Another difference in the playstyle will be how I choose to roleplay if my Skrellian has children or kin or if I dedicated all my time to my research. Another notable difference I find is the age difference. Skrellians live far longer then humans which results in them encompassing more knowledge therefor more to teach. Seeing as how I plan on making my Skrellian a researcher and a teacher there are numerous things I could do with this long lifespan then if I role-played it out as a human. There are just so many more opportunities I can enter into with a Skrellian Character then a human one. Their views on other species are also largely a part of their history. Them viewing Humans as a lucrative business deal and Diona as assets and them also viewing Unathi and Tajaran's like children, unable to comprehend the level of knowledge that they have to present. Its all quite fascinating.

Character Name: Dr. Shibi-Xhetook'Qeri

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Shibi-Xhetook'Qeri was born in 2230 on Qerrbalak in the city of Gli'morr.. Skrellian Society was still recovering from the events of the Glorsh Rebellion and the Singualirty. Shibi's parents were so happy to have their first and sadly last child as they thought all of their eggs were sterile.. By the age of two she could already walk, talk and read fluently, though she was still extremely far away from her true potential.. By the age of five she already had basic understanding of biology and had begun school. She was taught by an Elder Skrellian named Qer-Vhi'Bla. Xhetook spent a lot of time with Vhi'bla most of Xhetooks time was spent after school in the vast school library gaining as much knowledge as she could, and receiving private tutelage from Qer-Vhi on the study of biology, which caused Xhetook to be far ahead of her peers knowledge wise. In the physical arts classes Xhetook had taken she placed very low in the rankings always falling behind her peers when it came to physical strength. Her parents were not disappointed in this due to the fact that her academic grades were so high. They knew it did not matter if you were weak but if you had a big brain and the knowledge to encompass it.. Ten years had passed and Xhetook was an excellent student, She had skipped two grades resulting in her graduating at the ripe age of Fifteen with honors in Biology, Historic Arts, and Mathematics. Her parents were extremely proud of her, her academic age has grown far beyond their expectations.. But sadly her emotional age was still young.. She had developed a strong sense of arrogance and superiority, disregarding her peers as nothing more then stupid and useless.. Qer-Vhi'Bla discouraged this attitude and was very disappointed in Xhetook, she made an effort to attempt to set Xhetook on the right path like she had always done in the past.. Xhetook ignored Vhi'Bla's efforts disregarding them.. One year later Xhetook learned a hard lesson, a hard emotional lesson. When she was visiting with Vhi'Bla she wanted to know more about the past.. So Vhi'Bla told her about the events before the Glorsh Rebellion, Noting in very specific terms that it was arrogance and carelessness that lead to the tragedy known as the Glorsh Rebellion.. Xhetook kept visiting Vhi'Bla every day for an entire month learning more and more about history.. This put a whole spin on Xhetooks world, she discarded her arrogance and disrespect for something more fitting for a young scholar and a bright mind. She had gained the skills to be compassionate and respectful.. When Xhetook was 17 she moved into the Capital of Qerrbalak, Kal'o away from her small town village and attempted to make a name for herself. With her impressive academic background she got hired as a Laboratory Assistant at one of the prime biomechanical research institutions where she assisted on a project to create an exoskeletal type suit that would alllow for extreme deep sea research and exploration on other planets. She was assigned to Professor Shoki'Er'Xun and worked on the emergency evacuation systems which would allow the pilot of the suit to deploy rapid deep sea flotation devices to propel them upwards towards a safe pressure zone.. She spent three years working on this project until it was completed.. It was added onto the Exoskeletal type suit which was code named Kreekitor which translated to Kraken..

At age twenty she applied to the Aloise Unviersity of Medical Sciences and got a recommendation from Professor Shoki'Er'Xun as-well as Dr. Qer-Vhi'Bla and numerous other mechanical and biomechanical scientists she worked with to create the Kreekitor. With her outstanding resume and her numerous recommendations she was accepted into the Aloise University of Medical Sciences with a major degree in biomechanics and a minor degree in Mathematics. She spent the next eight years there earning a PhD in Biomechanics and a Masters Degree in Mathematics.. With her education now complete she returned home to Gli'morr and spent the next hundred years spearheading advanced Biomechanical research mostly focusing on ways to combat the limitations on Skrellian processing power and attempt to find ways to create implants to make calculations as fast as an advanced supercalculator. She developed numerous prototypes and only one succeded improving the processing power of the Skrellian mind by 0.80% Nothing to call praise over... Out of motivation and inspiration she turned to her favorite place to go, The library.. While in the electronic archives of the library she reviewed numerous cases on other Skrellian Scientists attempting to make biomechanical research devices.. The only notable successes she saw were from Graduates of The Gliutip'lyaz University.. Knowing she couldn't gain entrance into that school she spoke with the graduates themselves and formed a team of Biomechanical Scientists in order to assist her in spearheading this project.. They spent 97 years in constant development.. Making numerous prototypes until finally they created one... Their biggest success yet.. an implant that improves Skrellian processing power by 1.1%. Seeing as how the field of neurobiomechanics was young this was a major breakthrough.. Sadly the implant was not approved for a beta trial phase due to the numerous safety and health risks comprised of opening up a brain and sticking a chip in it.. Crushed by this she put away her microscope, cautery and holocomputer and searched for inspiration... For three years she looked and looked in an ever depressive stoup until finally she found it.. She heard rumours that a human company called Nanotrasen had an entire system under their control and was eagerly hiring biomechanics. She wanted to make use of those resources so she applied for a position as a Biomechanic and was accepted.. Sadly she was not placed on such a regale station like she had hoped for, ending up on the NSS Exodus working as a prosthesis maintainer.. She knew through hard work and dedication to the craft she would be placed on a superior Research Vessel an given her own team to work on her implant.. But only time would tell when that could happen.

What do you like about this character? I like her dedication to advancement and to knowledge and her ability to never give up even if every prototype she has designed before is a failure.. She keeps pushing and pushing until finally she makes a breakthrough... She sees knowledge in failure not disappointment, though she will never admit that to anyone but herself.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? 8/10, I can always improve and I actively welcome and encourage people to give me feedback in my roleplaying.

Notes: I've learned so much since when I last applied for a Skrell Whitelist and I think... No I know I can roleplay this race far past satisfactory level. As always Feedback and Support is greatly appreciated and welcomed. Thanks for reading.

I love, LOVE your play style of Station Control Unit. there cheery demeanor, etc, etc makes it VERY easy for my Skrells to be annoyed at SCU. the heavy amount of writing you put in makes them sound less like a Skrell in how they are more repeated testing rather than heavy theorems, but their overall demeanor towards science makes up for it in spades.

Definite +1 from me.

Looks like a solid background, and LR is overal a pretty cool guy, IC and OOC. He has my +1

Still a +1, but I also want to attest to how good SCU is of an AI!

Thank you so much for your support and feedback, I really do enjoy playing SCU and I'm glad you enjoy it too.

I love, LOVE your play style of Station Control Unit. there cheery demeanor, etc, etc makes it VERY easy for my Skrells to be annoyed at SCU. the heavy amount of writing you put in makes them sound less like a Skrell in how they are more repeated testing rather than heavy theorems, but their overall demeanor towards science makes up for it in spades.

Definite +1 from me.

I tried to make this Skrell different but not too different.. Since there was a lack of implant lore as its TBA I tried to think up of a person who would fit the bill of an aspiring implanter. Always innovating and designing dedicated to her research.. Thank you very much for your support it means a lot.

Lord has been a friend of mine for a while and every IC interaction is beautiful and funny, while also not breaking the feel of bugs/plants/robots/humans on a space station. I think lordie can play a toad person pretty well B)

Thanks for the feedback Sleepy, ilu rly. If I do get accepted I'll attempt to be a good warbler. But I'll still play my bugs and trees. ;^)

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Hello! Sorry for the delay. You show a clear understanding of the Skrell species and have taken effort at making a believable, well rounded character. Your positive feedback is also very encouraging so I will be happy to accept this application!