OneOneThreeEight's Whitelist Reapp

Guest 1138

Before I begin with the format, I'd like to say a few things. First of all: I've been pretty shit the past few months. Mostly in November, when I accumulated more than a few notes within that month. However, I can say I've learned many things in the process of the little cycle of terribleness.

Terrible Terribleness Note number one: Powergaming. At one point in time we've all gone through this, but at the time I don't think I realized the gravity of my actions, especially the temptation to self-antag in the Science department. To begin with, messing with Science is a great responsibility and it takes a special kind of integrity and sense of moral conduct to not get sucked into the influence of chucklefucking. Though, at risk for sounding pretentious, I feel as though I've learned for the better from my foolish and otherwise damaging actions. I realized far too late I was a bigger burden than I was a help.

This also tended to seep into my head gameplay as well. Often, I felt as though certain roundtypes didn't deserve my time and that I had better things to do, or I felt like I could show off like an asshole, so I often rushed headlong into situations without thinking about them, or dealt with situations in the most unfair ways possible for people.

This lead to people beginning to notice my shitty behavior. A couple complaints later and a /really/ terrible reaction to a nuke round... Well, my whitelist was stripped. And I don't have any right to say it was unjust, because even then, I'd be wrong. It was completely justified... Soo, why is Delta even bothering with this reapplication again? Why should anybody bother reading this?

I don't know, really. I really do miss being captain, sometimes, and enjoying the beneficial parts of a job well-done. It was pretty awesome knowing my name had some attribution to responsibility, at one point. I felt liked, accepted, I suppose.

And I don't want to be known as the "literal piece of shit self-antagging powergamer that has no claim to responsibility in such a demanding position." I just want to be known as someone who at least tries to be helpful. tries to be a good leader, and tries to lead by example.

Over the past two months, I've learned quite a bit about myself and, well, I can't exactly say for certain; at risk for being called out for it, but I want to say that I want a final chance to redeem myself. If I blow it, then any punishment that cometh, no matter how harsh, justifies the means to the ends.

Saying sorry all the time doesn't do anything but create false hope. I've realized no amount of sung or unsung regret will fix what I did. I have to correct what I did wrong and do better for it. I need to show people I have changed, or have the will to change and make myself stronger and wiser than I am, and lead by example so others follow the footsteps of the successors and avoid the path of the failures.

That's it for the foreword. Onto business.

BYOND key: OneOneThreeEight

Character names: Vira De Santos, Hardin Stryker, Bertor, Donovan Mitchell, Rebecca De Santos, Dima Ruslanovich, Talia Varick.

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: Almost five to six months.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: See the foreword. I think I've realized what I've truly done wrong and I believe I can do better now.

Why did you come to Aurora?: It pretty much had the Roleplay label slapped onto it, so I logged on and tried my best to roleplay. It interested me for awhile, then I got a little bit more in-depth with the community, suddenly I was stuck like glue to it and I don't feel like leaving.

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?: Yes, and the new SoP and Corporate Regulations. I don't plan on fucking up majorly as I once did again.

Please provide well articulated and argumented answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about: Roleplay is about putting yourself into a person's shoes in a given setting, environment, with their own given traits, personality, and skills. As a result, RP becomes one of those endless adventures in which that person deals with certain situations in different ways.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: To lead by example. No, not just keep others in line, because that's not the entire point of it. Being a Head of Staff is about assuming responsibility for their subordinates' mistakes and ensuring they are nurtured properly, as well as ensuring they grow in terms of knowledge, experience, and overall, becoming a better player.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: They are very open icons that people look up to. When things go wrong in a way that their jurisdiction has some relevance, the Whitelisted players are expected to react to it accordingly, and not be terrible powergamers about it. They have to react realistically as well as intelligently. They're strictly not allowed to dick over anybody else they see fit for their own amusement.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name: Vira De Santos

Character age: 41

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs):

Vira De Santos was previously a special military operations officer for the Epsilon Eridani Federal Navy. Eventually, she was honorably discharged and ran with a crew of contractors for a long while. After some successful contracting leading to amiable relations between herself and the organization, she was offered a well-paying job at first as a NT Navy Lieutenant, when she was 28. Specifically, her department was Emergency Response for awhile, and often as an inspector whilst on-call. After a few years, she rose up the ranks at a steady pace and retained her rank of captaincy from 2455 until the end of 2456, where she was under employment contract review for some questionable conduct.

Previously one of /those/ captains that felt like they could flaunt their power as they saw fit, Central Command Internal Affairs took note to several complaints stacking up against her. After a painstaking employee review and some additional tweaks to the loyalty implant, as well as some personal changes invoked by her own will, she swore to uphold Corporate Regulation and SoP to its fullest extent. She assured Central Command officials she would be responsible with her re-instated power as well as promising not to flaunt it ever again.

What do you like about this character?: Before I started being shit, I kind of enjoyed being that one person everyone could recognize on the dot and praise for being in command, large, in charge, and ensuring the shift would go completely smoothly. At first, she was too harsh on those that made mistakes. I ended up realizing, along with Vira, that remembering the human took precedence over righteous justice, to a point.

What do you dislike about this character?: I dislike how snowflakey I made her initially. Did you know she had bluespace hair, at one point? Well, to be more accurate, her hair was red because of some Cherenkov radiation bullshit, but I ended up retconning that to make her hair color predominately black, and she just simply dyes it. I also dislike how ridiculously outrobust she used to act. I hope to fix that by raising her eccentricity levels and lowering how brave she actually is. I plan to make her more of a self-preserving captain over that one badass-hero-bitch cliche we all love to hate. So, yeah, I hate all of the things I plan to fix right away.

Do you think this character is fit to be a Head of Staff? (Please note that Head characters must be over 30, unless given special clearance): Now? I can safely say yes.

Why?: She's changed over the past few months, most definitely. She's no longer that horrid, antagonizing woman she once was, and she's mellowed out quite a bit. She realized what she enjoyed the most wasn't necessarily her job, but the benefits that came with the responsibilities and a job well-done.

Please provide well articulated and argumented answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: I personally don't think it's fair for someone to say how good they really are at roleplaying. I've had my fair share of good moments and really terrible ones. The only people who can really judge what a good roleplayer is is someone who has far more experience roleplaying than that person.

Extra notes: I can't really say that I deserve a second chance, since I was given multiple chances to change my attitude and my playstyle. I'm not sure if it's fair either to even ask for another chance. I suppose it's up to you all, really.

Guest Menown

-1 u killed me and committed terrorism.

Seriously though, you were actually a good Head. Apart from a bit of powergaming, and such, you were good, from what I remember.

I liked Hardon Stroker, and I actually enjoyed you accidentally bombing the fuck out of arrivals. If you can handle the responsibilities this position awards, I'd say +1. Do not let me down, Khomeini

(From Dea+Tish)

I'm going to start this off with the good and then work my way to what I see is wrong.

My personal interactions with you has been nothing but pleasant. You seem intelligent and rather friendly in disposition and you're rather good at Roleplaying, I've even had a handful of good experiences with you In-game as one of my plethora of characters. Your answers, simply put are pretty good they answer every aspect of the questions and do so expertly. And even the bio is rather well put together and would explain the sudden turn around in behavior of your character.

However.

I'm whole-heartedly, entirely 110.5992% against this.

Let me explain why.

First time around, from what I remember your white-list application was just this good, answered everything perfectly and in a manner quiet more eloquently done than most other applicants. You respond to criticism politely and intelligently, never resorting to idiotic arguing back and forth. Simply put, your application last time around was all great and dandy.

However, after being granted that white list. You proved an utter disappointment, at least to me. You failed in every, single possible way to live up to that oh-so promising white-list that us staff approved. In the span of a little less than a month you received a total of 5 warnings, every single which of one you responded politely and promised to change in-order to be a player capable of the white-list. And all five times you failed to provide even a token measure of improvement to convince staff that you were worth keeping on the white-list.

Quite honestly, you really seemed to do every single thing a whitelistee could do wrong short of straight-up grief. From incorrect skills to preform a job, straight-up ramboing a nuke operative with a lawgiver, An astounding amount of metagaming, power-gaming and sheer irresponsibility as a head of staff, a catastrophic inability to lead as a Captain (Which included carrying around the ENTIRE armory in a locker for some reason), a disturbing amount of paranoia (Reseting AI laws for absolutely no reason whatsoever) and a markedly belligerent attitude in-which you always seems to insist that you were correct, despite the evidence to the contrary.

You are more than capable of filling out an application and making it look quite good, but from what I've seen I highly doubt your ability to live up to the promise of the application and play a Head well. Not everyone is capable of filling a white-listed position properly, and I firmly believe that you are one of these people.

I thought I could address a couple of these points right after my little adventures with ENBs but I realized I'm way too tired at the moment to do so.

Give me a couple hours of sleep and I'll try to answer the best I can tomorrow afternoon. All I can really say is, a lot of what I did in the span of a month was entirely inexcusable and I'm really unsure whether I really want to be expected to be responsible in such a position ever again. I need to think a little more over sleep.