[Denied] Unban request: BrianGTFO

BYOND Key: BrianGTFO

Total Ban Length: Permanent

Banning staff member's Key: aboshehab.

Reason of Ban: Building weaponry for no reason, going against what you were told by other staff in addition to the sum of all your infractions..

Reason for Appeal: Can't really come up with reasons for to NOT be banned, I disobeyed what I was told, guilty. Though a perma-ban for building a weapon and "Previous infractions" that i'd love to review so it can stop being used against me (Or atleast so I have an idea of whats being used against me).

Anyway, I accept the ban for making weapons without a reason, just think permanent is kinda much where as months would be better. Besides, not like I shot at anyone this time, or harmed anyone, or even threatened to maim anyone with it. It was simply found in a locker by Sec, who I willingly handed it over to.

not sure what your expecting here...

I'll quote a few things from the rules. While I don't expect full memorization, some of the core concepts should have dawned on you by now, because I still believe this ban was justified.

Temporary Ban: Temporary bans are handed out for situations where a single warning may not suffice, and will prevent you from playing the game on our server for a set amount of time (usually applied with lengths of 1, 3, and 7 days).
We don't really do other temporary bans durations.

Permanent Ban: Permanent bans are issued in two general cases. First, to force communication with staff regarding an issue which was left unresolved, usually due to the player logging out mid-discussion. Second, as a final attempt to curb a player's behaviour, following warnings and temporary bans.

You were the second case, and I'll explain why. You have 36 staff entries, I'll say around 32 only really matter. Your first note was on the 27th of march, which happens to be your first day on the server, which is fine so far, people make mistakes. The primary issue with you is the continuous and repeated issues. I'll post a few.

alberyk Joined as a character named mama'mia jones

You received this note the 31st of March, this was your eight note so far, this shows up to this time you haven't paid much mind to the rules.

alberyk alberyk has banned briangtfo. - Reason: Pretty much low rp behavior; sending erp related messages via pda and other similar behavior. - This will be removed in 4320 minutes.

This is entry number 12, a ban. Reviewing all this, the staff have been highly forgiving and receptive of you, with all these issues.

23342 2018-04-11 15:07:27 sebkillerdk used XD when speaking on comms, was informed to not use netspeak an mojis when talking IC'ly.

Entry 15.

23354 2018-04-12 07:47:05 aboshehab aboshehab has permabanned briangtfo. - Reason: As antag, shot up the shuttle hitting people. This was directly against something I told you NOT to do. Furthermore, you logged off, making this ban permanent before our exchange was over. - This is a permanent ban.

Entry 17. You did something I told you to strictly not do, and even then we were forgiving. I could've left the ban permanent, but with Matt, I let it downgrade.

23493 2018-04-21 16:23:12 coalf Continuous constant IC in OOC. just casually talking about himself and his time in the round.

Entry 20. I'm going to jump ahead now and quote the ones directly linked to my decision.

23946 2018-05-18 11:37:41 sebkillerdk talked to. AT LENGHT, about why his criminal bakground chaplain, cannot make guns or weapons, just because they have a minor criminal background. Took a LONG time to convince them of why this was the case. was also unaware of the job hopping policy. was informed of it. Keep an eye out if they try to make weaons or use their backstory with the chaplain as an excuse to do antag stuff/make weapons.

24319 2018-06-06 13:50:26 aboshehab I spoke to them at lenght about job hopping. They wanted to have four jobs, which downgraded to three. It was honestly too much for me, as I couldn't realisticly find a justification for Miner + Officer + Chaplain, really seemed like it was an attempt to validhunt which based on their notes. I did allow them to be a Chaplain + Miner, but only that for Brian Richard. If they go beyond those 2 jobs as that character, they are willingly going against my ruling, so it's to be treated as a clear cut rule violation.

24320 2018-06-06 13:51:07 aboshehab Addendum to my previous note. They have too much in less than two months. If their next rule violation is not given some form of ban, noting that the last ban was 7 days. There needs to be a really good reason.

24334 2018-06-07 02:40:24 satinsprist666 Player was very upset at Abo's interaction with them on the morning of June 6th. Now wants to come on as a Chaplain, make a crosgun and shoot vampires/antags as some holy man gimmik.

And even with all this, I gave you another chance, not even your first.

25034 2018-07-16 11:18:09 aboshehab Warning added by aboshehab, for: You are not supposed to resist while a vampire is draining your blood. Pay attention to the logs as its clear enough about it. You've acquired too many notes/warnings/bans in recent times, so your next rule violation will result in some form of ban.. || Notes regarding the warning: I didn't apply a ban since they kept their nose clean for a month. .

You've played vampire enough so you knew well enough. I still gave you a chance since I perceived this as improvement. Then you do the following.

25280 2018-07-30 01:59:45 aboshehab aboshehab has permabanned briangtfo. - Reason: Building weaponry for no reason, going against what you were told by other staff in addition to the sum of all your infractions. - This is a permanent ban.

If I'll be blunt, it feels the chances I've given you were gone to waste, the same thing on and on. You have deliberately and intentionally went against what we've told you, you're not only guilty of breaking the rules and what we've told you not to do, you're also guilty of wasting the trust and effort we've put to cultivate your experience here. Had there been no chances, you'd have been banned back in May most likely.

I am not accepting this appeal and won't permit any new appeals until the 1st of November. Any new appeals before then will be denied and result in your date pushed later. If you want to contest this, file a staff complaint.