Should IPC's be heads?

<t>Should IPC's be allowed to be a head of staff?</t>  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I daresay by being a Head, you kind of give up some expectations of having fun, we are literally there to stamp papers for other people to do things they enjoy, make sure people don't blow the station up, call the shuttle when they blow it up anyways, and provide insight on how to behave to new players.

No. I can't agree. Being in charge, leading and directing can be fun. And since you're doing it in a game for the sake of roleplaying for the sake of your own enjoyment (and others'), I'm gonna flat out say that if you don't enjoy being a head of staff, you shouldn't force yourself to play as one.

I don't think anyone has ever gotten confused OOCly over heads having weird quirks. They're bosses. They can be assholes, unhelpful, obtrusive, all sorts of things. As long as they contribute to roleplay and don't ruin a player's round (and somebody bitching because things didn't go 100% the way they expected does not count).

I don't think we should bar any species from head roles atm. The fantasy racism just isn't strong enough, and if it's something we want to add to our roleplay, it is the lore team's job to engage the playerbase by creating events, like Sue did with Tajarans. Not simply to make rules like "IPCs can't be heads because humans dun trust em".

Stop making broad sweeping statements about the validity of Tajaran as heads. It is not something that is wide spread. The species is being given a trial run in head positions of minimal importance (CE, HoS, CMO) compared to the three head honchos of the station (RD #1, Captain #2, HoP #3). This isn't something that's common, and your average Joe probably still has a human boss or a Skrellian boss.

No, the Board of Director's isn't kissing furry ass. Tajaran head positions are actually being threatened by the outbursts on Adhomai and the damage caused to the Human embassy.

I am slightly weirded out by the fact that the three Head roles most strongly associated with keeping people from being dead are considered those of minimal importance.

Regarding the overall thread topic: I would perhaps consider the possibility that the NSS Aurora is a test bed for non-standard command roles and that what occurs there isn't actually consistent with what occurs elsewhere in the setting. You could frame the entire thing as a research project in and of itself, with the results being tested against other stations. This concept in general would explain why the Aurora is so commonly regarded as a madhouse and treated with bizarre directives like those found in mutiny/rev rounds.