Consgrove's Head Application

BYOND key: Consgrove

Character names: Dully Deebs (Now Dullivan Deebs), Maury Marrick

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: Since October (of 2014), I believe

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: To take a stronger commanding role and further branch out role-play

Why did you come to Aurora?: My friends brought me here

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated and argumented answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about: Esstinentally, role-play is the act of taking the role of a character within its own universe; you control this character and act out for them. Role-play is to provide at least a complete sentence for an action or to state something. Though not all actions require an entire sentence, but it is needed to provide context for a situation.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: Well, the character playing the Head has deemed responsible enough to maintain and control a branch of others: they have the power, charisma and will to guide those into the right path. They are generally viewed as veterans of a server, if a whitelist is required, or an experienced role-player. Their purpose is what I have stated: to maintain and control. Whether it be OOC, or IC, they are held responsible for their own actions and the actions of their branch.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: To act as a rolemodel. Those with a whitelist are seen as responsible and extensive role-players, mature enough to show they are willing to command.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name: Dully Deebs

Character age: 43

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs):

Dullivan S. Deebs was an awkward child. He prefered the bliss of solitude than to be in the crowd, it was until his time with Nanotrasen he had always worked alone. He began his career as a Cargo technician at the age of 24. A few years after that he moved up to the position of Quartermaster, learning more and more about construction and electrical engineering (as he was the one who fixed up his own workstation, in most cases). He applied for the position of Engineer Apprentice and remained in this position for a single year before moving onto Station Engineer. As he matured and continued his career with Nanotrasen, he found himself interested with the well-being and safety of the entire station; he had a strong interest regarding the Security branch. He found himself becoming a Security Cadet after a mandatory reassignment to the position of Cargo Technician after an 'airlock malfunction'. He truly came out of his shell during this period, speaking more often than he ever did in his entire career.

Dully was proud to be a Security Officer. He knew the rules and (most of) the Regulations. He had always obeyed his Head, and after more than five years as a Security Officer, he only felt that it was right for him to try and advanced to this exact role. Only fate can tell if Dully proves himself an excellent leader of the Security Wing (and possibly as a Captain!)

What do you like about this character?: He can open up to those he trusts and share his own opinion with them.

What do you dislike about this character?: How he can be awkward in certain situations, and how I was mature with him, getting myself banned and what not. Most people think of him as a minge, but I truly have been trying to change his image.

Do you think this character is fit to be a Head of Staff?: Yes. He may be awkward but can maintain a stable branch. He has a few years in both the Cargo, and Engineering branch, but has several years in the Security branch. He has worked with good leaders and can present, and prove, himself as a good lead.er

Why?: Because as I've said, I believe myself, and my character are ready to take on this role. I've seen the way others have acted as Heads and Dully is (in my opinion) old enough has enough experience with Nanotrasen to take a leading role.

Please provide well articulated and argumented answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: I'd consider myself a decent role-player, and can provide both quality and quantity when required.

Extra notes: I know I have acted immature in the past, but all of that is behind. Please do not judge me by my past actions and behavior, but my current one.

Plus from what I've seen, most early rounds (i.e 10 AM - 12 PM CST) generally have no Head of Security.

Edited by Guest

I think that this could be a good start for you, trying something new will be awesome. Don't feel down if you're not getting tonnes of replies, most of the people here have been on this server for almost a year or more. Flex your muscles, and you'll get better, every mistake is a learning experience. Have fun. +1