Hilda's Vaurcae Application

Guest Hilda

(I have read the lore, and i'm open for criticism)

BYOND Key: Radah

Character Names: Yvette Karling

How long have you been playing on Aurora: Around 5 Weeks

Species you are applying to play: Vaurca

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Pale Brown, Like a sandy-ish color

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: I have read the lore section, And I will be gradually making changes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: I enjoy the Prawn aesthetic, And I find it interesting that they have a Indian based Caste system categorized in to three groups, And I also enjoy that they originate from a Moon colony, And navigate through space in Hive like ships. Also since they are discriminated against, I find that this could have good role play potential.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Well, Since they are discriminated against, I feel that role playing would be tougher yet a lot more interesting and complex, In order to get favor from the Human and more privileged inhabitants of the station.

Why does this species in particular hold your interest? They seem very traditional, Coming from their Indian based caste system, and seem to be very loyal. They also seem to be akin to explorers, and like the aspect of trading and what not. I also enjoy how the different castes (Workers, Warriors, Queens and Royals) are separated in to, Considering the Workers are either mindless drones obeying the orders of their Higher Up's, And how the warriors are enhanced with crudely made augments.

Character Name: Mo Ye

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Born and raised in a cramp and dark home in the caverns of Sendantis I, Mo Ye had dedicated himself to a life of petty crime to support himself and make ends meet. In his adolescence, Mo Ye had familiarized himself with crude Computers and other forms of Electrical Engineering, Getting a job building augments for the higher up, More combat oriented Warrior Caste of the Hive. When he had heard the news of the Hives moving in to space, He was extremely excited to see what the rest of the Universe had to offer him and his Hive. On his journeys through space, He occupied his time by working on the outer hull of the ship for repairs and maintenance, While also reading snippets of the Sol Alliance, Soon getting infatuated by the idea of working within the Alliance. When the Zo'Ra Hive had finally made contact with NanoTrasen Officials, He eagerly searched out any employers to hire him on a NanoTrasen Commanded Station. (Human Contact applicable after the event has finished).

What do you like about this character?

I enjoy his enthusiasm for technology and augmentations. I feel that he could offer more diversity on the station (Being a Vaurca), And tell stories of his life while he still lived on Sedantis I and on the journey to the Sol Alliance owned territories.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? I would rate it well, But I am working on improving it more.

Notes:

-Type A (Worker)

-Zo'Ra Hive

-Unbound

Edited by Guest

Hmm, I'll look over it, I haven't changed the full thing yet, Since I made most of this when the lore page wasn't created, So I'd have to skim through and find the Human like characteristics.

(EDIT:) Rewrote the story, That hopefully fits in more with the Vaurcae way of society.