Covert0ddity Loyalty Implanted Personnel Unban Appeal

BYOND Key: Covert0ddity

Total Ban Length: Permanant until appeal. (Banned on: January 11th of 2015.)

Banning staff member's Key: TishinaStalker

Reason of Ban: Intentionally and knowingly going against a loyalty implant by arming a rev with an energy pistol after being terminated, but still being loyalty implanted. [banned from Captain, HoS, and IAA.]

Reason for Appeal: Well, this was really a stupid mistake made by me. From what I can remember, here's a synopsis of the round:

It's rev. This was before mutiny was added, so I decided to spice it up. I adminhelp the admins asking if it's alright to spice it up a little, maybe send them messages and have them announce it as a central command update, of which they agreed and the round was spiced up considerably. One of the orders entailed was that all male aliens where to be stripped of their contract and sent to work in the mines. I forgot to include myself as exempt, (I was a skrell captain) and I self-removed my rank on realising the mistake. I then wandered the halls, warbling to people occasionally about the situation. Some action happens, blahdy blah, and the transfer shuttle is called. I'm in departures with Nasir, and he is frightened(?) about going to central command. Becuase my captain knows how to handle himself in close quarters, he saw no qaulm in handing over his energy gun to make Nasir feel safer. This was a mistake OOCly, because Nasir technically wasn't crew and that's why I wouldn't have given the energy gun.

Security storms departures, I board the shuttle, and Nasir runs away, ending up in a gunfight. Note I don't blame Nasir at all; he had a gun, might as well use it. But essentially I inadverdently caused a conflict and injury through my inaction.

A few complaints I have about this is that, even though I was implanted, I wanted to make good RP, and the gun taking to the shuttle was good RP to me. I don't know. I don't remember the round and the exact reasons I gave him the gun, but I know they were good enough for me to say "yeah, okay, this makes sense" at the time. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

Lets not forget to add that you giving Nasir the energy carbine led to a massive firefight in the adjacent hallway which resulted in death and heavily injured personnel... all after the shuttle had docked. What bothers me is that this seems less of a mistake, and more of something that was premeditated. Here's why I think it was premeditated:

• Nasir was heavily abused by Security. This means that he, by the nature of his character (which you know very well of OOC'ly), would've grown great contempt for Security.

You were the captain. Which means you knew what was happening to Nasir.

You generally play loyalty implanted positions (Isilithai Uaekis as your Head of Security and your primary character, and then your Skrell Captain). You know perfectly well what a loyalty implant entails, how to act, and what things you shouldn't do. Would it be in NT's (or anybody's in this matter) interest to give clearly jumpy and skittish personnel a weapon that can be easily made lethal?

With this, you enabled one, major rule break that caused 5+ people to take part of, and caused staff to lose control of the situation in starboard primary; all because you acted. What was this rule break? "-End-round grief is punishable by an automatic 3-day ban. The moment the shuttle docks with the station, all conflict is expected to end in and around the shuttle boarding area. (Escape and adjacent corridor)." This was most certainly not because of your "inaction" as you claim. It was because of your action. This wasn't Nasir's fault, this wasn't Security's fault, this wasn't the HoS' (who Nasir went up to tase) fault. You gave somebody a mean, and they used it; it is your fault.

I can understand wanting to make RP, but there's a clear line between making RP and straight up acting to break the rules, and you very clearly crossed the line. Now, how are we going to avoid this in the future? What have we learned from this?

Just a few quick clarifications:

It was an energy pistol. It's not much of a difference, but it was something. Less lethal, smaller, etc etc. The mistake still counts.

You can accuse me of pre-meditating a massive plan to try and get someone to kill, etc, etc, but why would I? What would I gain by lying to you then, and lying to you now? And what would I gain for spiting people OOCly for things IC and things that I, ultimately, created through the modified round? I see why you might think I was pre-meditating, but I wasn't, believe me or not.

I didn't expect a gunfight, but I should have foreseen it handing the gun over, I agree. I actually adn't been informed about what was happening to Nasir due to my revokation of captain's status. Also that I rarely actually pay attention to the security channel when there is a competant HoS, and while I had an idea that Nasir was abused (All the aliens were) I didn't know it was bad. I also gave him the gun about, 6 minutes before the shuttle had docked. I gave it to him with the idea of, "Oh, we're all going to go on the shuttle and Nasir will feel safer now. All's dandy."

Finally, I'm... not accusing anyone? I straight up said it was my fault and that no one was to blame except for me, I said names because I'd rather not spout a bunch of meaningless psuedonyms or the like. Also, the 'inaction' was a typo, sorry. I meant 'Action.' I'd also like to think that, despite the end round griefi-ness of the end there, some cool RP was had, and I'm not too sorry for that.

ICly I feel I was justified, but OOCly, probably not. I'll not apologize for anything ICly.

Okay, so, OOCly. I went against my implant which is a no-no, and it's not going to happen again. Guns are reserved for officers or people who know how to use them properly and without anger in times of a crisis. I also know that even if I'm terminated I still need to follow my loyalty implant, even though it's a bit of a shame. Especially to non-crew, the gun part. Nasir was technically non-crew at that point.

I also know that I need to think. I won't make a blurble of excuses for that night, because I don't really know, so I know that I will actually think about what I am doing. Also, a big one: Ask admin permission to do things. Which, I will note, I have been doing a lot recently as antag, to the point where I think I might give a few of you an anuerysm. Basically:

Think before giving out guns.

Don't give weapons at round end. (?)

Don't give weapons to known aggressors who have been abused.

Don't go against your implant, think about what might, and if I'm unsure, adminhelp it.

You can accuse me of pre-meditating a massive plan to try and get someone to kill, etc, etc, but why would I? What would I gain by lying to you then, and lying to you now? And what would I gain for spiting people OOCly for things IC and things that I, ultimately, created through the modified round? I see why you might think I was pre-meditating, but I wasn't, believe me or not.

And with that, my thoughts of you having premeditated this are gone. It's better to hear it from the person themselves to clear up doubts. Thank you.

Finally, I'm... not accusing anyone? I straight up said it was my fault and that no one was to blame except for me, I said names because I'd rather not spout a bunch of meaningless psuedonyms or the like.

I was just ensuring that this was understood. Honestly, I don't know you well enough at a personal level to fully comperehend if you're trying to shunt blame in your head, but just not saying it like people often do when they're in trouble.

despite the end round griefi-ness of the end there, some cool RP was had, and I'm not too sorry for that.

See, I only agree with the "cool RP was had" if we're referring to the rest of the round, but not what happened in the corridor. There was no RP there. Only people repeatedly firing and smacking each other. This is one of the main reasons I (at that moment) had been heavily considering an actual tempban as opposed to a simple job ban from loyalty implanted positions.

ICly I feel I was justified, but OOCly, probably not. I'll not apologize for anything ICly.

Believe it or not, you have to. You claim you feel "justified" in breaking the rules, but that's not how it works. People have attempted to break the EoR rule in a weak attempt to "make RP", but it always ends poorly. One time, a nuclear operative tried to get into the command portion of the shuttle to take the captain hostage, but instead only a firefight ensued. You sparked the powder keg that caused nothing but massive attack logs in that corridor. There wasn't any RP. There was just a person with a gun, an HoS confused as to why he was just tased, and then a whole lot of wounded personnel. There was no words. There was only gunfire and harmbatons.

As for the rest, I'm glad you learned your lesson, but I will not accept your appeal if you can't look at your IC interaction during this part of the round, and notice that it was a terrible move IC'ly. You had no motive to give weapons to unauthorized personnel as a loyalty implanted person. You had no justification to do it.

Gah, phrasing. I'm not trying to say that they were justified at all, and I know why they are bad. I'm just saying that it made sense from the view of the character, not trying to make an excuse there. Er, what I'm trying to say is that I don't think I fucked up IC so much (Apart fro mloyalty implant breaking, which is a big one but also kind of OOC) that it was OOC. Sorry for the misconception.

I wasn't saying the RP in the gun fight was good, it wasn't, becuase it was technically EoR and there wasn't anything said, but again, my fault. I meant the round in totale.

Not to sound like an asshole, but I'm not really reading an apology for your IC actions. You must do that because if you can't apologize for an action, then you're doomed to repeat it from what I have learned about Human behavior. No apologizing "between the lines". Straight up say you're sorry for it just like every other person who gets a successful appeal because a long apology (anything more than "I'm sorry") is how you show that you did truly learn.