[Accepted]Elliot's Tajara Application

BYOND Key: Elliot123
Character Names: Elliot Proctor, Hayley Lagget, Ryliab Weeshib, Ethan, Leon Shellb.
Species you are applying to play: Tajara
What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Dark Grey
Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

Tajara facinate me as a player. Whenever I run into one in game they are always memorable and enjoyable to RP with. They have a detailed and relevent lore which is always a blast to explore and read about, and of course most importantly is carried into the round in a way that is unintrusive but yet intreging and fun to explore. The main intrest for me personally is the clashing of idealogies and how it effects people in both positive and negative ways, and how said people change accordingly.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

The Tajaran homeworld is riddled with conflict and this has deeply effected how they view others both internally within their own species and those outside of it. For example Tajarans may face descrimination based upon their ethnicity. There are deep social and political differences between them and humans in how they treat others and what they believe in, this can be seen by their more conservative views as a whole and how they look down on such things as inter-species relationships or homosexuality. This is in contrast to the more typical progresive and open views of most humans in the lore.

Character Name: Anastasia Artyom
Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Anastasia was born in the year 2441 into a poor family living in a rural village controlled by the PRA. She grew up as the small village was slowly modernising, though the vast majority of work still relied on labour based occupations. For the first nine years of her life it was somewhat peaceful with new technology trickiling into her village allowing it to slowly expand and have greater value in the grand scheme of things. When the second revoltuion began PRA forces would march through her small village, taking supplies as needed straining the populas, battles waged no more than a few kilometers from her household. Often Anna and other local children would venture into the wartorn hills and collect things like expended ammunition and discarded equipment to sell in order to assist their families. The war had halted the modernising of the small settlement and it seemed the battles were often waged closer and closer. As the hills became more bloodied PRA troops would shelter within the houses and even converted the town hall into a makeshift medical centre. Anna did not yet understand the conflict and instead only saw mysterious troops she had no previous communication with using her village for their needs. As always the battles inched closer and closer until eventually the soldiers began leaving Anna's village, a now even less wealthy hobble of buildings but instead of marching toward the mountains they headed away back from where they initially had come from. Before she knew it ALA troops entered her hometown, abusing and neglecting the local populas claiming that they had assisted the PRA when they marched through. The farmers were rounded up and shot in the centre of the village under the suspision of supplying the Republic forces with food as they marched.

By this point Anna was of the age of 18 and had learned to work the land in order to fund the rebels, not by choice of course however. One night Anna fled on foot to B'urr, a PRA city to the East of her village. She arrived in taters after several days travel with nothing but the possesions she could fit in her bag. She began working yet again, this time in the city in a local clothes factory, saving penny by penny until she could afford travel off of her homeworld. She took several classes in Ceti Basic and began her travels to the NSS Aurora. She had been accepted there in an assistant position whilst she continues to study Basic, in the near future she hopes to become a hydroponisit or a librarian aboard the station.

What do you like about this character?

I like how she has experiance with both the PRA and ALA, seeing both in a negative light, I think it will be very intersting to interact with other characters who support different factions. I also enjoy her being a young character somewhat ignorant character as it will allow her to be intrested in interacting with others and generally curious to learn and explore. I think I'll also enjoy playing Anastasia as a cautious individual simply seeking a place where she belongs due to her chaotic childhood.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? I don't like this question - never have. Regardless I feel it is good, but that should be decided by the feedback I recieve of course.

Notes: None as of yet.

Edited by Mofo1995

Not a bad backstory. Based on Character interactions. Elliot is a decent member of the community and isn't that big of a of a slut. is able to stand in character. His other characters are so far decently acceptable and fun to play with. I'd say give them the chance to try to be a dirty cat and we can see where it goes. Now give me the money. 

There's a lot of material about the history of what happened around Anastasia Artyom[ovna?] and the events surrounding her life, but I feel like personal details are missing. The bits about going off into the hills and selling scrap war material was a really good touch, as well as essentially becoming a serf farmer for her local ALA junta for some time. I do want to say that the events surrounding her life are lore abiding and flavorful, and I do like that she has a pretty sour opinion about the PRA and ALA, namely the fact that you infused actual convictions into your character, but I would like a sentence or two about her non-political likes and dislikes. As she was studying for Tau Ceti basic did she find enjoyment in reading? Does she feel that manual labor is for the birds? Did the progression of events strenghten/weaken any religious views? The farmers of her village were rounded up and shot, did this include her family?

I get a feel implications about her character, namely that you say she wants to become a librarian possibly makes me think she likes literature, but I think a word or two on maybe her first time reading a book or maybe she did some creative writing that made her realize she likes literature, would severely strengthen her character and lend personality.

11 hours ago, Mofo1995 said:

There's a lot of material about the history of what happened around Anastasia Artyom[ovna?] and the events surrounding her life, but I feel like personal details are missing. The bits about going off into the hills and selling scrap war material was a really good touch, as well as essentially becoming a serf farmer for her local ALA junta for some time. I do want to say that the events surrounding her life are lore abiding and flavorful, and I do like that she has a pretty sour opinion about the PRA and ALA, namely the fact that you infused actual convictions into your character, but I would like a sentence or two about her non-political likes and dislikes. As she was studying for Tau Ceti basic did she find enjoyment in reading? Does she feel that manual labor is for the birds? Did the progression of events strenghten/weaken any religious views? The farmers of her village were rounded up and shot, did this include her family?

I get a feel implications about her character, namely that you say she wants to become a librarian possibly makes me think she likes literature, but I think a word or two on maybe her first time reading a book or maybe she did some creative writing that made her realize she likes literature, would severely strengthen her character and lend personality.

In reply to the above:

Her primary intrests include as suggested above: reading and learning. This is down to the lack of oppurtinity to do so in the past and how it may improve her life in the near future. Reading became a hobby primarily when learning Basic as few people spoke it and thus the best way to advance her knowledge was to read texts and examples of the language. Once understanding the basic her intrest peaked in non-fiction writing as it allowed her to understand life outside of her normal horizons. Learning the history of other nations and races was of paticular intrest due to the sheltered life she lead. She asspires to be a librarain to continue her studies whilst assisting others to do so in the peace and quiet she longs for.

Although a previous passion she has fell out of love with foraging and farming due to the stress incurred as a result of the forced labour. It consumed her time and was always under the beady eye of some soldier or another. Away from the violence I'm sure she would love to attempt it again in a more relaxed enviroment, perhaps cultivating flowers or other lower effort occupations, rather than grueling days in the sun. In general she also dislikes large social gathering and being closly supervised.

Traditionally her parents and her worshipped S'rendarr, although it was not forced upon her and as such her religious views are somewhat limited. The events of her childhood did have not much effect on this other than not focusing on it as often as she ussualy would. Instead she would focus on the day to day, and when possible take a moment to pay her respects. This was even clearer due to the death of her father at the hands of the ALA, her mother however was spared due to her role being more domestic.

I hope this clears up your questions! If you have any more let me know.