Skrell Application - Christopher1006

BYOND Key: Christopher1006

Character Names: Arther Mingle, Walter Swarner, Bennet Harrison, Adan Pearsall, Scot Bicknell, Kaden Bashline

How long have you been playing on Aurora: 2-3 weeks since I started, don't quote me on this though.[/b]

Species you are applying to play: Skrell

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Blue-Green

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: There are several reasons that I make me want to expand to a different species. The first, and foremost, is that I believe it would be fun. Their drive to be logical as the situation gets dire is something that I believe could be used for interesting role play in some rounds. Another reason is that there are too many Tajarans and Humans. It gets to the point to where they're pretty much the only ones left there's so many of them. I have nothing against those players but I want to help with some variety in the game.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: The differences are in how they are portrayed to everyone else. In terms of how each is played, I believe that, in a sense, they are quite similar. I mean it to the extent that they are both creatures of emotion most of the time but where humans get more and more afraid as stress builds, the Skrell refine their minds to be as logical as possible. I feel that this would be a unique enough difference to justify the Skrell being in game, especially in the more hectic rounds.

Why does this species in particular hold your interest? - I'm not sure if this is a question I should answer, it seems to be a repeat of the 'Why do you wish to play this specific race' question.

Character Name: Nishil Erigni

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Born among 8 other siblings on Aliose, Nishil had an unremarkable life as a tadpole. As he matured in to an adult, he had to choose what his focus in life would be. Due to the predominant culture of understanding the mind, Nishil decided to become a Virologist. The reason being so he could study the effects of pathogens on the brains of the various species. In order to accomplish this and be accepted more among Humans, he moved to the Tau Ceti system for his education.

Nishil completed a PhD in Cellular and Molecular Biology, with a Masters in Pathology and minored in Neurology on the planet Biesel. During his course, he participated in a work study available through the school and subsequently got in touch with NanoTrasen. They were interested in recruiting someone with his skills for the NSS Aurora. After completing his schooling, Nishil passed the Advanced Level-2 Psychological screening and was hired by NanoTrasen to work aboard the NSS Aurora. His home currently is the NSS Odin and is interested in making the most out of his time aboard the station.

What do you like about this character? My favourite part about this character is that he has a Phd in a field I wish to go in to but his views on it are going to be far more objective. Instead of being interested in the field itself, he'll be more focussed on what his findings mean to the overall goal of studying the mind.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? Using a scale of 1-10 where 10 is the highest, I would give myself a 6 or 7. Maybe 8 if I have some people who really want to roleplay with me. I'll be the first to admit that there's always rooms to improve.

Notes:

Edit: Added Erigni as a last name.

Edited by Guest
  • 4 weeks later...