[Accepted] Doggie666's Unathi Application

BYOND Key: Doggie666
Character Names: UWcwuYx.png
Species you are applying to play: Unathi
What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Red
Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.

Why do you wish to play this specific race: The Unathi are fascinating to me both in their physical attributes and living history. They are a powerful presence within a room and have a caste system that has the potential to create interesting roleplaying scenarios with other Unathi. The cultural dissonance with other xenos is something that I am always excited to portray and experience. Their anatomy, naming system, and cuisine all independently make for so much fantastic roleplay potential. In regards to a living history, the Contact War and its recency mean that all Unathi, but especially factions like the Aut'akh, are still dealing with the real, active legacy of such a devastating tragedy.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Unathi are often taller and heavier than humans and are reptilian in appearance. They also have sharp claws. Their social framework is a feudal society that revolves around noblemen and priests at the top of the hierarchy. At the bottom are women, peasants, and lastly exiles called Guwan. Unathi have intimate gestures that pertain to their reptilian anatomy such as muzzle rubbing and tail-twisting. They prefer to be called by their last names towards anyone that they are not close to. The natural language family of Unathi is Sinta. While speaking Ceti, they often hiss their words. Unathi are unable to get any nourishment from vegetables; they must consume meat.

Character Name: Kethresh Kroshz-Zokar
Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs.

Kroshz is an Aut'akh guildsman from the Kethresh clan. His parents previously belonged to the Zokar clan, which were destroyed in the Contact War. Having previously worked as architects and skilled laborers, they marveled at the fantastic design of the Kethresh clan's aquaculture domes. After being displaced without home or kin, they were welcomed into an Aut'akh polar bunker in northern Moghes and found work fishing in the domes and helping to maintain their efficiency. Several years later, Kroshz was born. Much of his early childhood he spent learning how to fish and prepare fish for distribution amongst the other clans. His education was undertaken by a Siansi shaman within the bunker. He welcomed his culture's religious practices, including cyberization. Once he reached maturity, he was responsible for the handling and distribution of one of the dome's aquaculture facilities. At this point, he had undergone several rituals to have his arms and legs amputated and replaced with prosthetics. 

Even when facing musing wanderlust, financial hardship, and the fear of Hegemonic incursion, Kroshz was determined to maintain optimal aquaculture operations. It was only when encouraged by other members of his clan to seek more-profitable, intergalactic contracts outside of Moghes that he seriously considered the possibility of ever leaving his bunker. While never questioning the sustainability of a self-sufficient society, he agreed that there were external methods of making contribution.  Even though he had never known much of the galaxy outside of his bubble, he faced the opportunity with little fear if it meant providing for his clan. Kroshz jumped at the opportunity to be a quartermaster for NanoTrasen, knowing that years of experience had made him masterfully skilled and responsible in handling cargo. He knew that while he may face discrimination from other xenos and fellow Unathi, it was imperative for him to support his clan and his family unconditionally.

What do you like about this character?

The "determined but fatalistic" attitude of the Kethresh was something that fascinated me. I think that Kroshz embodies his clan and their traditions well, but I also feel that he as an individual is unique in how he is incredibly ambitious, yearns for leadership positions within his qualifications, and is modestly adventurous to be undertaking intergalactic work.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?
7 or 8/10 on a good day
Notes:

gibe lizard pls

Edited by Senpai Jackboot
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Marlon Phoenix

Hello worry for the delay. I will respond to this tonight.

However, I have a question. We are building up to autakh but they will not be playable for some time. Will you be playing the main unathi species too?

2 minutes ago, Senpai Jackboot said:

Hello worry for the delay. I will respond to this tonight.

However, I have a question. We are building up to autakh but they will not be playable for some time. Will you be playing the main unathi species too?

I would like to, yes! I was not aware the autakh were in development until after making the application. They already had some great lore. ?

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Application accepted on the understanding that this particular character cannot be played until the Aut'akh are genuinely launched - regular Unathi with all prosthetic limbs chosen are not Aut'akh. You show an understand enough for the Unathi species for a whitelist otherwise.

• Guest locked this topic