Incident Report 01/29/2461

Reporting Personnel: Vira Bolivar

Job Title of Reporting Personnel: Head of Security

Game ID: bYy-auio

Personnel Involved: (Name, Job Title: Offender/Witness/Other)

- Fernando Gonzalez (Offender, CMO)

- Vira Bolivar (Witness, Head of Security)

- Emeal Rikito (Witness, ranking official, Captain)

Time of Incident: 

Real Time: 0300-0600GMT~, 29-jan-2019

Location of Incident: 

Nature of Incident:

[ x ]  - Workplace Hazard

[ x ] - Accident/Injury

[  ] - Destruction of Property

[ x ] - Neglect of Duty

[ x ] - Harassment

[  ] - Assault

[ x ] - Misconduct

[  ] - Other _____ (Place an x in the box that applies. If other, replace line and specify.)

Overview of the Incident: The shift started with an opening comment by the CMO about a newly arrived crewmember's name, 'Saugkst Ekraszt'. Doctor Gonzalez said in full over common communications, '200 credits to whoever can pronounce that name on their first try', to which several members of the crew proceeded to be egged on of the joke of making fun of the name of someone who sounded vaguely ethnic.

Shortly afterward, a lab assistant illicitly gave the CMO an energy axe (found via telescience, as the same lab assistant turned in a 9mm pistol to security earlier) rather than choosing to hand it directly over to the ranking security official. Given the nature of how this violated directive 4, I motivated myself to go about securing the weapon to ensure the weapon was either contained in research where it was found or within the confines of the armory, whichever was more preferable. The CMO repeatedly stalled discussing the subject and eventually the ranking captain had to be involved. Given a situation manifested itself in a minor misdemeanor investigation, the captain resolved to task me on focusing on the more relevant issue (despite that I had already tasked my officers on the issue, to which I had absolute confidence they had it handled themselves.)

Later, the CMO took matters into their own hands in responding to a security situation directly. I was not informed of an ongoing issue and neither was my security team. By the time the CMO finally elected to use their headset to facilitate an actual degree communication, they were extremely patronizing, toxic and rude in reporting the issue, expecting me to be omniscient of issues happening from across the station. The CMO utilized extremely vague descriptors to tell me what was going on and in turn I calmly and carefully told him that he should have reported it to the appropriate channels earlier. My team was already set to work on the issue by that time and detain the individual involved with the misdemeanor. I then told them based on their previous track record displayed in the very same shift that I did not find them trustworthy and that they had to follow a very specific process for us to be able to take them seriously given their already immediate record of making something out of nothing.

Apparently this calm and cautious explanation immediately set off the CMO's temper, flinging certain baseless accusations such as me holding a grudge against them and referring to me as "woman" in order to disparage me and talk down to me. Another notable quote from them was, "Holy shit, how did you get hired?" which did not age well later into the shift.

The captain immediately called them on it and the CMO issued a half-hearted apology while throwing out a backhand of accusing me of holding a grudge against them, showing how insincere they were in taking their own toxic behavior seriously, while continuing the harassment of their peers.

Later, the CMO apparently injected someone with a vaguely labelled syringe that turned the individual into a simian. I never saw the paperwork regarding who gave what permission, when and where, especially when I asked for it. The CMO had to purchase a protohuman and undergo a very expensive and time-consuming process of returning the crewmember to their normal state. I was informed by the captain and the AI that Gonzalez' medical staff worked extremely hard to prevent this from getting out to the security department and to stifle the matter as an ethical and regulation issue.

The Captain eventually called them on this gross negligence matter and I instructed an officer to detain them and enforce the sentence. They were eventually transfered to CC and release as the remaining time of their sentence ran concurrently with arriving on the Odin.

Did you report it to a Head of Department or IAA? If so, who?: The captain was reported to in regards of the CMO's gross misconduct over the communications channel, but nothing comprehensive ever came of it.

Actions taken: CMO was charged with i221 by the captain's order.

Additional Notes: CMO Gonzalez through this shift displayed an extreme disregard for protocol, the concerns of the well-being of other humans and otherwise being a toxic and unhelpful influence as a peer and member of command staff. Their unprofessional attitude led to a lot of wasted time and it substantially not only hurt the productivity of my department, but made way for certain decisions to be made that violated the status of another crewmember as a human being. It did not matter that the damage was eventually reversed, the fact the damage was done in the first place in my eyes was completely unacceptable.