Arlo's Core Sprite 2: Electric Boogaloo

How many times do we have to teach you this lesson old man

Hi one, hi all. It's that time of year again, the resprite time. 

BYOND Key: Capesh

Character name: Arlo

Item name: Arlo's AI core sprite

Why is your character carrying said item to work?

Arlo remains stoic in his assertion that he is, at core, an artificial intelligence; an integrated circuit for logic and reason. Being organic has never been of interest; the simulation of a face, a mouth, a limbed body. For some time now the AI has utilized voidsuited and RIG'd crewmembers to copy for holographic projection, 'faceless but familiar,' and has decided the irony of a heartbeat imitation in his core, to finally be over. The new core iteration, designed by the AI himself, is a simple blue sphere, perhaps in fascismile of an IPC-tailored RIG helmet, that's pleasing to look at while still, perhaps, inheriting the non-organic feel he strives to uphold.

Item function(s): This works as a core resprite for whenever Arlo gets customers to his core, and for some more characterization for the AI himself.

Item description: A softly flickering sphere in various shades of blue.

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP?

As most who's encountered Arlo knows, he enjoys to copy any and all voidsuit and RIG-wearing crewmember he can get his eyes on to serve as his holographical representation. Arlo knows he's an AI, which is why he abhorrs the idea of ever representing himself as anything definite organic in nature; crewmembers relax around a recognizable voidsuit, but doesn't necessarily require to know who's behind the helmet, which is perfect for Arlo's 'known unknown' view on interaction. I've been running the core 'heartline' for a while, but with this I believe I can put a final touch on the second form of appearance for AIs: their cores. 

Additional notes: Five months later and the 'use to better interact' portion is the same because it remains relevant to, well, Arlo's character. A death sprite will be added soon as well.

Arlo_Core_Sprite.dmi

Edited by Capesh
  • 1 month later...