[Withdrawn] Thatnewguy1 command whitelist application

BYOND key:thatnewguy1

Character names: Jaxon Williams(engineer), Riley Williams(science) 

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: Used to play a lot last year but had a burnout. Came back about 2 months ago and started playing again.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:Honestly just for the convince of it. Im no amazing actor like alot of other folk on the server but I believe ill be able to fit in to the command position of rp.

Why did you come to Aurora?: Not joking I came because the wrestling/grappling mechanics looked really cool. Then I discovered how fun circuits are to work and I was stuck. I’ve seen circuits on other servers but those servers are usually to hectic to actually get work done.

Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?: Yes sir

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they? Within the past months I’ve been online no. I can’t remember an actual ban occurring during my playtime last year but I could be wrong.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about: Roleplay simply is acting. The definition expanded would be writing out characters with backstory's, strengths, weakness. essentially making a person that is believable and realistic. Main thing that comes from this isn't making you're character just be a single amazing loner who doesn't need someone but rather be a dynamic piece of the puzzle that is the crew that all work together (for better of for worse) to make the station function and develop the round.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, in game: As a member of command you’re held to a higher expectation of competence and role play ability. Which can go into the form of becoming acting captain of the station to attempt to deal with a threat affecting it to simple things like being able to teach new players. But first and foremost You’re meant to be the leader of you’re department, assigning work and duty’s to make sure the crew is actually functioning. Apart of you're job is also to moderate situations in game and develop role play that way.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: As a head of staff you're meant to be an example for other players on what you can and cant do.  Simply acting like a reasonable adult will do great at establishing how to act appropriately. 

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career? Tau ceti. A booming economic hub with money going around. Being forced out of his frontier home this is the best chance he's got for to find work and start a new life. With opportunity comes conflict however

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted: I think ill stick with engineering if this goes through. not that i cant fit it into other departments I just like engineering and the other people who work the department more then the others.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.:Jaxon Williams(chief engineer)

How would you rate your own roleplaying? 6/10.  changed from 2/5. Compared to most folk on the server alot of them are better actors then myself but most of that is from most folks already having constant rp buddies they can rely on to chat with. Id say im pretty experienced with it though.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?sure, misbehave and you lose you’re privileges

Have you familiarize yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?Yep

Extra notes:recap the important stuff the main reason I made this app isn’t to show anyone I’m a messiah of engineering or role play in general. I can order folk around and teach them as well an interact in command situations plus the rest of regular engineering.

Hello.

I will be handling this application. First of all, I need you to ammend the format to remove the bold and make it actually a bit more readable. Secondly, I am not entirely content with a lot of the answers given in the application. Since I will not be judging this application right now, and instead let it sit for a few days for it to gather feedback, I'll give you the chance to re-do the application and fix whatever you think may be an issue. I don't want more words, I simply want to see that you understand what the question is aimed towards, and that you can give a proper response to it.

Community members are free to pop into the application and ask you questions that will result in the enrichment of the application content. I'll be back in 3-4 days with a set of questions if I see it unclear, or outright deny if the quality doesn't meet the standard, like it is the case right now.

My personal suggestion, go read on our lore, on our RP guides that are around the forums, our wiki pages on heads of staff, and past applications of players. Try to get the grasp of what is being asked here and what we want to hear to know that you know what playing a head of staff entails. I'm always open for questions and a chat via Discord, if you have any doubts about what's expected.

Good luck.