Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OmenVI

Staff Complaint

Recommended Posts

BYOND Key: OmenVI

Staff BYOND Key: Shestrying

Game ID: Idk

Reason for complaint: I don't believe the punishment was right and I was told to make a complaint. The staff member perma banned me because I didn't go to cryo before leaving the game, I apparently left as soon as sec caught me, and my behavior is apparently not improving from the last ban. First off, I didn't cryo because I was extremely annoyed at the outcome of sec's decision. I spawned as a 17 year old lab assistant, then I got demoted because I can't be a 17 year old lab assistant despite that being the minimum age for it in game (but not on the wiki apparently). I didn't know that beforehand though, and it was taken from me. From that point the round was completely ruined for me, and I didn't feel like waiting a second longer to be released from Security to walk to a cryo pod, so I just left right there. The second thing is, I did not leave as soon as security caught me. I went through processing until they took my ID and demoted me, which is when I actually left. The third thing is, I don't understand how my behavior hasn't improved. That round I didn't do anything crazy. All I did was offer Hyperzine to someone because it was the first time I made it and I thought it was interesting in and out of character.

Evidence/logs/etc: Here's this, if it helps. https://gyazo.com/2c0d360ba93b7c0db5ff62cfd87b3728

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Pratepresidenten said:

Helo, I will do the do here.

Lemme check out some facts and Ill get back to you!

ok

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, so as I see it, this is pretty much all on you.

1) The mechanical restriction on age is a relatively new system, but the wiki has always been up to date, so that is no excuse for joining as an underaged character.

2) You have six entries on the same issues, namely just noping out and disconnecting without using cryo. Four of these entries are bans.

3) You would have an indicator of what part of your behaviour was problematic if you actually bothered to check your new notifications, which would show you the relevant warning.

You've had ample time to read the rules to know them better, and even more so chances to ahelp issues, like the fact your age was messed up.

 

However, you are correct with sticking around for processing, so that bit of the ban reason is incorrect, and it will be adjusted accordingly.

 

Now, as for this complaint, the ban is valid and your ban will not be adjusted. If you want to come back, you need to make an unban appeal.

I will resolve and lock this in about 24 hours unless you have any further concerns.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Pratepresidenten said:

Okay, so as I see it, this is pretty much all on you.

1) The mechanical restriction on age is a relatively new system, but the wiki has always been up to date, so that is no excuse for joining as an underaged character.

2) You have six entries on the same issues, namely just noping out and disconnecting without using cryo. Four of these entries are bans.

3) You would have an indicator of what part of your behaviour was problematic if you actually bothered to check your new notifications, which would show you the relevant warning.

You've had ample time to read the rules to know them better, and even more so chances to ahelp issues, like the fact your age was messed up.

 

However, you are correct with sticking around for processing, so that bit of the ban reason is incorrect, and it will be adjusted accordingly.

 

Now, as for this complaint, the ban is valid and your ban will not be adjusted. If you want to come back, you need to make an unban appeal.

I will resolve and lock this in about 24 hours unless you have any further concerns.

I didn't know I had to read the wiki on a job before joining. I assumed I could join at the age because in game I could.

What's wrong with just leaving the server? I don't understand how that's a problem. Especially since it's just a lab assistant.

I did ahelp about the situation, but nothing was changed. I just told them what happened, they replied, and the ticket was closed.

I didn't even know notifications were a thing. How do you check them?

Edited by OmenVI

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, OmenVI said:

I didn't know I had to read the wiki on a job before joining. I assumed I could join at the age because in game I could.

We've had to deal with a plethora of people having the wrong ages, this system was put in place to prevent this, but it seems that intern roles has slipped past.

59 minutes ago, OmenVI said:

What's wrong with just leaving the server? I don't understand how that's a problem. Especially since it's just a lab assistant.

Lab assistants can still do work almost all around science, by not going to cryo, you're effectively blocking the slot, preventing others from joining. All slots apart from assistant/visitor has a set limit.

1 hour ago, OmenVI said:

I did ahelp about the situation, but nothing was changed. I just told them what happened, they replied, and the ticket was closed.

You didnt spesifically ask for help here, you talked about the bug and why it was a thing. A respawn was not offered and it was not asked. Getting in trouble with issues that are bugs or oocly problems should be addressed first if possible. You should have ahelped this immediately before sec could take you.

1 hour ago, OmenVI said:

I didn't even know notifications were a thing. How do you check them?

They are available to see under the greeting screen, in bold letters. Youve likely just closed it down without checking like so many before you.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Pratepresidenten said:

We've had to deal with a plethora of people having the wrong ages, this system was put in place to prevent this, but it seems that intern roles has slipped past.

Lab assistants can still do work almost all around science, by not going to cryo, you're effectively blocking the slot, preventing others from joining. All slots apart from assistant/visitor has a set limit.

You didnt spesifically ask for help here, you talked about the bug and why it was a thing. A respawn was not offered and it was not asked. Getting in trouble with issues that are bugs or oocly problems should be addressed first if possible. You should have ahelped this immediately before sec could take you.

They are available to see under the greeting screen, in bold letters. Youve likely just closed it down without checking like so many before you.

So you guys are really gonna perma ban me for this? That's petty as hell.

Share this post


Link to post

It is not petty, it is escalation of punishment.

But I am currently investigating an issue. Ill get back to you shortly.

If you can, please contact me on discord @OmenVI

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Pratepresidenten said:

It is not petty, it is escalation of punishment.

But I am currently investigating an issue. Ill get back to you shortly.

If you can, please contact me on discord @OmenVI

What's your discord?

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...