Cancelled Application

Ckey/BYOND Username: Kaedwuff

Discord Name: Menthe

Position Being Applied For: Coder

Past Experiences/Knowledge: I've been putting out PRs in the github for over a year, and gradually gaining experience in DM.

Examples of Past Work: https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/7428

https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/7413

https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/7382

https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3AKaedwuff+is%3Aclosed (my list of older stuff, much of which was merged)

Additional Comments: It sounded like you guys could use some help.

Edited by Kaed

My honest list of cons:
1. Kaed are not active developer. They develop when some dev/contributor proposed or submitted PR with stuff and Kaed disagrees on it 
2. Kaed code is not good, I think they have still room for improving coding skills and 1 point slows the process.

3. I might be biased, but that's how I see Kaed in general and my personal interactions and observations

On 30/11/2019 at 14:50, PoZe said:

My honest list of cons:
1. Kaed are not active developer. They develop when some dev/contributor proposed or submitted PR with stuff and Kaed disagrees on it 
2. Kaed code is not good, I think they have still room for improving coding skills and 1 point slows the process.

3. I might be biased, but that's how I see Kaed in general and my personal interactions and observations

huh.png

I can't exactly argue with first half of point 1, think your arguments start to fall apart after that.  Literally in the application I posted two PRs which were extensive, complicated feature reworks or new content that were not in response to a 'disagreement' with anyone.  Certainly, I have room to improve, but 'your code is not good and you only code reactively' is overly harsh and feels a little out of touch. 

Have you actually taken a look at any of those those recent PRs I have up yet?  I haven't seen any feedback from you on how to 'improve my code', so I'm not sure how you expect me to improve when you just huff and call my code bad without giving any specific feedback on how.

Edited by Kaed
14 hours ago, Kaed said:

huh.png

I can't exactly argue with first half of point 1, think your arguments start to fall apart after that.  Literally in the application I posted two PRs which were extensive, complicated feature reworks or new content that were not in response to a 'disagreement' with anyone.  Certainly, I have room to improve, but 'your code is not good and you only code reactively' is overly harsh and feels a little out of touch. 

Have you actually taken a look at any of those those recent PRs I have up yet?  I haven't seen any feedback from you on how to 'improve my code', so I'm not sure how you expect me to improve when you just huff and call my code bad without giving any specific feedback on how.

Hello, I have looked at your PRs you have linked. In Particular here is pieces of code which can be improved and make it look so much more readable by having procs that handle different sizes:

chrome_QKZOJSiw2P.thumb.png.1772cbbe5264848dce8276757c7493de.png

Basic principle of Object Oriented Programming would be to create different classes and sub classes with sizes. Have a generic parent proc that handles size and override it for each subclass. This would make code more readable and easier to change than this.

Coding point is not as important as working in team and collaborating. In particular when I asked other developers their opinion about you and if they had similar observations or interactions as me. Most of developers said that it is sort of like hit or miss. One times they have good and great interaction with you, while in others it is so bad that they do not want to proceed. Basically this inconsistency or combustibility is the main concern. Moondancer for example agree that they themselves have similar trait sometimes, but they are working on it and control it.

I wish other developers would voice their opinion in this thread, because I do not want to quote someone or anything.