Prospekt's IPC Application

BYOND Key: Prospekt1559

Character Names: Gannon Brihigh, Garret Tih

How long have you been playing on Aurora: A while, I first started on another account; scu11y3000. But I deactivated the account and I am now going under a new name. I've gone a good 4-5 months on this server throughout the two accounts.

Species you are applying to play: IPC

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): N/A

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes I have read the lore's section of races.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: The Cyborg/AI feature of SS13 always caught my eye, along with any other cybernetic machine that I see. I love robots and all kinds of sci-fi machines, it really brings out the sci-fi feel within SS13 with the station being reliant on machines. IPC reminds me of the old robots from Fallout NV. They spark an interest when roleplaying, I enjoy roleplaying with IPC since most of them are all original instead of same old cyborgs with the same module. Instead IPC have their own personality. It's really hard to explain but it'd be really fun to roleplay as this race, I've roleplayed with them so much that I want to get the chance to actually be one of them to see what it is like. I'm sure I'll enjoy roleplaying as one if I'm accepted, like I said I highly enjoy robotic RP from AI to Cyborg it's all more interesting.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Well, a human is a pretty non-chalant species to roleplay often doing your job, creating your story, it gets stale after a while. Why an IPC is different from a Human can come in a lot of varieties though sharing the same humanoid structure it's purchased it's freedom, programmed to live like any other human, though mysterious as to where it's life began or started. A screen to display it's few or many personalities. It could've been an old robot found and repaired then assigned to a space station or created by a Robotocist years ago. Roleplaying an IPC would allow myself to express a different type of roleplay I wouldn't be able to exactly do as a human, including a robotic way of speech, actions, etc. When it would be weird for a human to be acting like a robot. I find it weird to really address an IPC as a robot but I think they are under the classification of one.

Why does this species in particular hold your interest? It holds my interest simply because of the nostalgic look it has, along with the many features to come with this race in roleplay. I'd love to enjoy roleplaying as a character who has bought his freedom from wherever he's come, been rebuilt maybe he's an old cyborg found and repaired of a robot made by a highly trained Robotocist. There are a lot of different ways you can roleplay an IPC though it having a good relevance to Cyborg, acting like one, etc. Though it's more humanoid than a cyborg, as if it thinks it's a human more than a cyborg would. I feel that I would enjoy this race over a lot others because of it's special features of roleplay. I'm familiarized with how these robots tend to work, function, act. I feel that not only would it hold my interest but it'd be a good fit for me other than any of race shown here at Aurora.

Character Name: EPSiLON

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

NT Excavation crew B1493: Planet Unknown . . .

The year is 2452, a NanoTrasen excavation team has been deployed into an unknown planet to take samples for the Research Division aboard the SS34, a quite large space station orbiting the outer colonies. Their mission is to dig out the rocky structure said to be covering most of the planet, well they do so. Finding a proper flat place to land, they deploy their encampment. This is what you'd call a prologue or the beginning of the story. Yeah, I don't quite remember what they told me, I remember before and after, the middle is blank. Upon my chassis inscribes "EPSiLON" I belong to a destroyed station, I flew. I don't know how I flew but I flew, I overrided the system functions in the escape shuttle taking off. I failed my laws, everyone died. Attached to me when I was found was an audio upload card. I was never informed of what exactly played or what the crew that found me even heard. All I know is that it was intruders who massacred everyone, first there was the power outage. Myself and other units attempted to repair but it was damaged without any possibilities of repair. After that all you could hear was the screams the-- czzrtszz I cannot say anymore. I'm afraid my shuttle is almost here, I have a new transfer. It's the NSS Aurora, a nice name don't you think? If you even end up hearing this. Well, I must go, log end.

EPSiLON was found in rubble, missing a few parts mostly parts of his Chassis. Arms, bits of his legs, whatever else there was. His screen remained undamaged, only dirt stains and other type of material stuck on it. We dug him out and loaded him into a wheel barrel of sorts. After bringing him back we assessed what was wrong with him. We must've stayed for a few days before bringing the samples we gathered back to the station. EPSiLON was delivered to a Robotocist for repairs, which took a while. Days later he had most of his parts replaced but his head where the screen was still had some malfunctions, tuning was required with the screen as it was quite old; possibly an old model of sorts. They fully customized his screen with a more efficient model but kept the older design for nostalgia for our buddy EPSiLON. Upon new cell emplacement, he turned on and began here he left off screaming like hell. We had no idea why, one of us laughed.. Well he stopped after a while after realizing where he was. He looked around gazing at our faces, two dots symbolizing eyes and a line across the bottom of the screen for his mouth. Well the mouth disappeared for about a second before reappearing as a smiley face. Quite happy that we repaired him, he started asking where he was, where his shuttle was. His shuttle probably scavenged, we replied. He looked down like a sad puppy before looking up at us again asking further questions. We said we had assignments for him but we wouldn't assign him laws, yet. Command wanted to send him to a civilian colony due to no laws shown up. The Robotocist said that he must've tampered with his laws, removing them or possibly another Robotocist. He was alone, all we found on him was a bag with tools. EPSiLON boarded our crew transfer shuttle and when we arrived he was guided off, I miss him along with the rest of us, but wherever he is going.. He'll do good like he did before. Log end.

What do you like about this character? What I mostly like about this character is that he is an old model, he was found in a planet where he is said to have landed from an unknown station. I like his mysterious backstory that not even do a lot of other people know but he doesn't know. There's so much to be said that I like but a lot of it would be repeats and reworded reasons because I tend to go on and on. But I feel that I'd enjoy this character more than most of my other characters.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? Well, I'm very experienced in roleplay. I've been through a lot of serious roleplay communities outside of SS13. A lot being in Garry's Mod and (yeah), Minecraft. This is not my first community that I have roleplayed in, I've gone from semi-serious to serious and I've been doing this for about 2-3 years. Though I'd rather not brag about how long I've been roleplaying but about how much I've learned. I've learned new things throughout my roleplay experiences. Improving along the way, I've had a lot of practice before reaching here. I'd rate myself at an average level in roleplaying, I'm one of the many other roleplayers in this community.

Notes: I'm grateful for you considering me for this race within the community. I'm also grateful for you taking your time and reading my application, thank you.

Also if you find any grammatical errors, I'm sorry I'd actually not like to explain why because it's personal but yeah. Also I tend to speed through backstories and stuff like that.

Edit made, no longer do I want my IPC to be in engineering, more so IPCurity.

Edited by Guest

The grammar leaves something to be desired but it's not as important as you might think, I could understand what you wrote - that's what matters. I really enjoyed your app and what I have seen from you in game seems to correlate with my original thoughts. I think you'd make an excellent IPC +++++++11111111

Of all the times I have seen Prospekt actually play his engineer Gannon Brihigh, I have never seen him actually perform an engineer's duties. What I have seen him do is get arrested for a variety of ridiculous things I'd expect from a bald assistant - to the point where I suspect you're applying for an IPC so you can jump into space without a suit. Infrequent as you claim these instances may be, that's the lasting impression that's been left of you.

Your eloquence and imagination are impressive, but your actions are a cause for concern, if you ask me.

Of all the times I have seen Prospekt actually play his engineer Gannon Brihigh, I have never seen him actually perform an engineer's duties. What I have seen him do is get arrested for a variety of ridiculous things I'd expect from a bald assistant - to the point where I suspect you're applying for an IPC so you can jump into space without a suit. Infrequent as you claim these instances may be, that's the lasting impression that's been left of you.

Your eloquence and imagination are impressive, but your actions are a cause for concern, if you ask me.

I have shown poor behavior on my character Gannon Brihigh, but I've been working on focusing on not getting arrested so much because it's ridiculous how much stupid stuff I've done. I'm probably going to make a new character for engineering instead of using Gannon, I'd like to focus on developing the character instead of messing around on it. I thank you for informing me of the bad things I've done so I can work on it.

Sorry, due to unforeseen complications Valk can't deal with the IPC whitelists. Hence the delay on them on all - I'll be temporarily assisting in this. Application Accepted Prospekt. Your Rp seems satisfactory and with some practise it could be great. Please note that players may be asked about your RP if it doesn't seem to be at a level that we expect from Whitelisted players. Thank you Prospekt.