[BINNED] Incident Report - 1/17/2462

Reporting Personnel:  Mari Korkova
Job Title of Reporting Personnel: Detective
Game ID: b5f-bil5
Personnel Involved: (Name, Job Title: Offender/Witness/Other. Only three witnesses other than yourself permitted, the rest go to secondary witnesses. Victims count as witnesses)
- James Praxton, Roboticist, Offender
- Nikiru Kporaro, Warden, Witness
- Ilirium Verana, Security Officer, Witness
- Jebediah Rickenbacker, Maintenance Technician, Victim

Secondary Witnesses: (Name, Job Title: Short description of what they witnessed)
- Ada Lim, Scientist, Witness - Watched Praxton slap me out of nowhere, then punch me in the face.

Time of Incident: Entire shift
Real Time: ~midnight PST, JAN172020
Location of Incident: Cross-Station
Nature of Incident:
[ X ] - Workplace Hazard
[ X ] - Accident/Injury
[  ] - Destruction of Property
[ X ] - Neglect of Duty
[ X ] - Harassment
[ X ] - Assault
[ X ] - Misconduct
[  ] - Other

Overview of the Incident: After a workplace incident damaged Jebediah's eyes, he was left blinded and with a rapidly-worsening necrotic infection. There were no medical personnel on site, and without treatment, he would surely die. Security launched a two-pronged solution; One, acquire the captain's spare ID and attempt to hail a fax, two, find a crewman capable of surgical intervention. I, having a pAI with a door jack, was tasked with taking the spare due to the lack of heads of staff and the immediate risk of the Engineer's life.  Nikiru Kporaro accompanied Jebediah to Robotics, where the Roboticist confirmed that he was able to attempt the surgery.

This ended terribly. I immediately heard concerns over Security that he was slashing into the patient's head, and displayed a startling lack of knowledge, but decided to give him 'one more chance'. After more waiting, during which time I was able to door-jack my way to the Captain's office and acquire the Spare ID and return to Robotics with it, Praxton stated that he would need to remove the patient's brain, and that it was the only solution. His exact words over the common radio were, "He's gonna die if I don't exhume the brain." He cited that an infection was festering in it. At this point, Security removed Jebediah from his 'care' and transported him to medical, alarmed at the drastic change and his apparent inability to simply remove the patient's eyes to fit prosthetic replacements, as had been discussed previously. Here, we discovered that the patient did not have an infection in the brain yet at all. However, one DID later develop due to the time it took to get him properly treated between this point and a surgeon's arrival- Making it obvious that there was no reason at the time to exhume the patient's brain as Praxton demanded was necessary. Praxton was told in no uncertain terms that he would be severely punished if he were to de-brain Jebediah and questioned on why he even accepted the surgery if he was unable to do it.

A radiation storm came, and the patient was kept in the care of Kporaro and Verana, who were both trained enough in basic medical functions to handle him. Shortly after this, a surgeon finally arrived to take the wheel, and I became busy with other things. speaking with Ada Lim outside of research on unrelated topics, like that of our homes. In the middle of our conversation, James Praxton strode up to me and slapped me across the face without provocation or warning. In retaliation, I sprayed him with a canister of pepperspray. He immediately threatened to "beat the shit out of me," and I informed him Security would come down on him if he did. He told them he doubted it, and after I did, in fact, inform security of the matter, he threw his fist into my jaw hard enough to draw blood and trigger a severe migraine that lasted me the rest of the shift. I have a medical condition resulting from a brain tumour as a child that causes me chronic, debilitating migraines, and that does not account for the infection that resulted from my injury after he struck me- One that turned borderline septic and required extensive medical care to treat.

Despite all of this, he repeatedly berated security, insisted we were seeking out reasons to arrest the innocent, and threatened us all multiple times during his processing period in the brig. He repeatedly harassed Jebediah over common radio as to why he pressed charges when he finally woke up from his injuries. His botched attempt at surgery that he should not have accepted as he was entirely unqualified nearly resulted in Jebediah's death, and resulted in extensive brain damage and memory loss. His assault on my person resulted in a severe brain infection that later spread to my eyes. His actions, as a whole, cost the security time, money and energy that could have been put to much better use handling other situations and patrolling, rather than sitting around for twenty minutes explaining to him why he was being arrested.

Submitted Evidence: The following is a recording from Mach-7, my pAI during the shift, from the time when I was speaking with Ada, at which point he came up to me and slapped me without warning.  Additionally is an advanced scan report of the infection that I received from his physical assault.

1c890ceced886d00cf525dfc6f74329e.png

241d9b05083f2a37519b53d9b8e73110.png

f8900410d8bd2477c174a7aab5c447da.png
Did you report it to a Head of Staff or a superior? If so, who? If not, why?: There were no heads of staff, however we fined him on-site for his actions. Despite this, he shows a deep-seated belief that he has done nothing wrong and is entirely in the right for his actions.
Actions taken: Arrested and fined for neglect of duty, threat of murder or serious bodily harm, and minor assault.
Additional Notes:

Edited by Bear
fixed witnesses

TO: Mari Korkova, Detective, NSS Aurora

SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report

--------------------

BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that your incident report has been received and placed in a queue for the CCIA Division to review.

If necessary, you will be contacted by a CCIA Agent when an investigation begins.

--------------------

DTG: 18-20:00-TAU CETI STANDARD-01-2562

SIGN: CCIAAMS

TO: Mari Korkova, Detective, NSS Aurora

SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report

--------------------

BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that your report has been forwarded to Tau Ceti authorities as it contains important violations of Tau Ceti law. An investigation has been ordered by a court of law, and the Federal Investigation Bureau will be contacting you for an interview. Your case has been assigned to Special Agent John Harper (abigbear)

You may contact them directly if you have any questions.

--------------------

DTG: 23-05:00-TAU CETI STANDARD-01-2462

SIGN: CCIAAMS