Stop with the Alkysine Cryo tubes.

Viable, but when you have a machine that can treat everything and everyone, people in the department will be like "Are you stupid? Damn put them in the damn cryo already, son. It damn well treats damn everything, son." Know what I mean?

Not true. There were cases where I put someone with mild injuries in cryo and everyone yelled at me for wasting resources. As long as you don't use it for everything you should be fine.

Plus, some people don't like to spend forever waiting for their treatment, some people don't like being treated forever.

Guest Marlon Phoenix
Viable, but when you have a machine that can treat everything and everyone, people in the department will be like "Are you stupid? Damn put them in the damn cryo already, son. It damn well treats damn everything, son." Know what I mean?

This is not true at all. Cryo is for stabilizing criticals and major damage you can't handle with a sleeper, not treating every booboo and ouchie that comes in the door. This is one aspect medbay is strangely adept in self-policing: people that just chuck someone in cryo needlessly gets yelled at.

I don't think we have to cripple medbay's effectiveness and punish creative cryo mixes just because it's 'too good'.

[...] It's literally just "stick 'em in the goo", and done unless they broke a bone or Brage switches out all the chemicals with polytrinic acid, chloral hydrate, and amatoxin.

Very true.

But on a more serious note, placing too much reliance on one structure or system to perform a job does have potentially disastrous consequences. The obvious example is the Singularity - if anyone screws around with it, it will generally escape, and from there is a 98.5% probability that the escape shuttle will be called. With a mixture of the above chemicals, one could die in a matter of seconds placed in the cryo tube, and they'd never have a chance to scream for help.

It's all balanced in a rather strange way.

Very true.

But on a more serious note, placing too much reliance on one structure or system to perform a job does have potentially disastrous consequences. The obvious example is the Singularity - if anyone screws around with it, it will generally escape, and from there is a 98.5% probability that the escape shuttle will be called. With a mixture of the above chemicals, one could die in a matter of seconds placed in the cryo tube, and they'd never have a chance to scream for help.

It's all balanced in a rather strange way.

Single points of failure tend to be like that, as I understand it. Works really well while it's working, but God help you if something goes wrong.

Edited by Guest

I don't think we have to cripple medbay's effectiveness and punish creative cryo mixes just because it's 'too good'.

Not to bring up the past but

powergaming

For gameplay purposes, I would probably like to be in and out of a cryocell with my wounds healed instantly.

For RP purposes, uh. Yeah, no. Would rather have surgery while I'm still awake. For fun.

You're removing a lot of fun that comes with being a doctor if you just shove everyone into the cryo cell and call it a day.

For gameplay purposes, I would probably like to be in and out of a cryocell with my wounds healed instantly.

For RP purposes, uh. Yeah, no. Would rather have surgery while I'm still awake. For fun.

You're removing a lot of fun that comes with being a doctor if you just shove everyone into the cryo cell and call it a day.

I'm honestly confused by this post. I was referring to sig related. Cryo already solves most problems but people don't generally use it unless they're critical, they're clones, or their lungs are ruptured. Just because people prefer to optimize their workspace doesn't mean anything. When I'm a chemist I always make sure to use my cryo mix but I don't think I've ever actually put someone into cryo. I always try to use my pills because NOBODY EVER FUCKING DOES. SOMEONE OUGHT TO.

Seriously though, even as Tina I've only ever put them in cryo when they were critical, cloned, or had a ruptured lung. I think what people fail to realize is that cryo is not the only thing people are wanting to optimize. I, like other medical players, optimize what I carry on me. I always make sure to carry everything I need and I always have them in a particular slot. You think I'm going to do all that just to shove people in cryo? Hell no, I'm just dedicated to medical.

Tainavaa, I meant as like this. Unless I'm in critical condition and I will absolutely 100% die if I do not get popped into a tube, then by all means, tube me. But yeah, you said that. It's not really an issue if you gorge the cryo mix with bicardine and tricord, since it's intended to heal and sustain people anyway. No issues there.

But if it's a non-critical injury, ehh. I can afford to stick around in medbay and in the recovery room for 10 minutes longer, chatting with the doctors if I can manage it. And I know you don't do it, but I don't want it to be practice for anyone else to use cryo in a very manageable scenario.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

powergaming

I literally just said after that

"Cryo is for stabilizing criticals and major damage you can't handle with a sleeper, not treating every booboo and ouchie that comes in the door."

Emphasis added.

powergaming

I literally just said after that

"Cryo is for stabilizing criticals and major damage you can't handle with a sleeper, not treating every booboo and ouchie that comes in the door."

Emphasis added.

I know you did, that was a sarcastic crack at the admins.