'Borg Sprite Class System

Chada1

This is still in the concept stage, but I have started working on it and trying to figure out all the things I'd need to do to get it off the ground.

This'd split the current 'borg sprites into three different categories, the categories being: LightHeavyFlying.

_______

* Light: Planned features

Currently this is just the base 'borg, so I don't have anything locked in or out to it, think of it kinda like the baseline IPC but for 'borgs. I may give it bonuses later but rn I just have no clue what to give it, but it'd be the v. light looking chassis we currently have. The Basic, HD-MAD, Landmate and the Arachnotron are four.

* Heavy: Planned features

There's one solid feature I have planned for the Heavy category. The sprites that'd go in here include the v. loved new Treadheads and Treadmates, the Heavys (OF COURSE ?) and the other v. large looking sprites.

in-built magboots: (Might be re-flavored as magnetic tracts or something but it does the same thing, slightly slower, immune to gravity effects including falling into holes.)

* Flying: Planned features

This is where the real differences start right now, because I'm likely going to make the Flying category actually fly.

Flying: All of the bonuses of using a jetpack but they get them by default -- this comes at the cost of having a v. weak armor plating and probably other things I don't know yet. This includes the Tau Drones, the SD-MAD, the Toileto-Trons and any other sprite that floats.

Flying would be able to traverse Z-levels, would be immune to falling (IF THEY HAVE POWER) and all of the other jetpack'y stuff. But yes, when they lose power, they'd fall. Don't lose power while off of the ground.

_______

One worry that's been brought to me so far is about custom 'borgo sprites, I'd likely make them function the same way they do now, except they can choose any category they'd like, the thingo here tho, is I'd be placing a lot of trust in the Custom 'borg players to only choose categories that fit their sprite, if you have a sprite that floats, don't pick light/heavy, if you have a sprite that doesn't float, don't pick flying. Etc.

There's no ETA on this gameplay rework but I'm planning it and I have worked on it some. I won't be adding anymore categories because they need to have sprites to correspond to them, and following my sprite rework the sprites we have only correspond to these three and I have no intention of adding or removing any we currently have.

? If you have any ideas for the planned features, please post them, if they're really good and sane to implement I'll include them. ?

Oof okay so the thing this was meant to try to address in a fun way  (The 11 sprites we currently have in each module, which makes sprite selection a pain)

is being addressed via another way (https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/8710) This radial menu makes splitting the 'borgs into three different categories like entirely unnecessary and extreme.

I'll likely still add the in-built magboots and flying/etc at a later time but this implementation of it is a p. bad idea with this addition ?
This can be locked and archived I guess.